RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > How nice it was for the dealer to wash my car!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TheJollyBodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
How nice it was for the dealer to wash my car!

Really, really not happy. I'm returning tomorrow first thing, lets see what they say. the whole car is scratched to Censored .

Post #420707 Tue Apr 08 2014 10:06pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

That really is shocking. It's going to need a decent polish and not by the monkeys at the dealership either. I'd be asking for them to pay for a proper detailing. Hope its gets sorted to your liking. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #420708 Tue Apr 08 2014 10:11pm
TheJollyBodger

It's the side that was recently re-sprayed after an accident that is the worst. I'm hoping I'll get a full detailing out of it - but it's yet another day without my car! I won't say which dealership it is... (yet), to be fair they have been very good so far - however some idiot with no common sense has "tarred" my opinion, lets hope it can be sorted quickly and amicably!

Post #420710 Tue Apr 08 2014 10:17pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

I always forbid them to wash my car for that reason. My RS4 had brakes and wheels destroyed by washer who didn't dilute the cleaner. And it took months of fighting to get them sorted as the Valeters were a franchise. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #420711 Tue Apr 08 2014 10:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

i took my car to dealers to have some recall work done, come back with rangerover badge on bonet looking like it was melted, had my valeter look at he said they have used TRF on it and hadent washed it off dealer argued but sent out new badge

Post #420726 Wed Apr 09 2014 6:19am
TST717

Scotland 

I have a plasticised warning that I leave in my cars when they go to a dealership to ensure that they do not wash my car by any means at all.
I pulled into the Mercedes garage once to drop my car off to see one of their team washing a brand new car down with a bucket of filthy suds and a gritty hose & brush affair......the first thing said to the service department was to warn them under NO circumstances were they to wash my car ANY time it was in their care, even in the depths of winter!

As said here , a good detailer will be able to get these marks out , hopefully , but its not a task for the oddjob cleaner or even a ' valeter'

Take in some example photos of your car that you will have of how clean it was before and the care that you take of it. Good luck , let us know what happens..

TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #420727 Wed Apr 09 2014 6:37am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Shocked Wow that is shocking Tjb, I too have a plasticised warning not to wash my car under any circumstance Evil or Very Mad My dealer still rings me though and still asks Banging Head That needs a paint correction to get that put right. I would be on the dealers doorstep first thing asking for the service manager and the monkey who washed my car, then take them to see his handy work. Evil or Very Mad

Post #420737 Wed Apr 09 2014 9:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

As Ady says, and demand a full detail by a professional Big Cry MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #420747 Wed Apr 09 2014 10:00am
PEACHY

England 

Shocked agree with everything that's been stated but why doesn't a dealer ever ask ? `Can I ask why you don't want us to wash your car sir ? Twisted Evil
I refused delivery of my wife's new Polo twice - it was covered in swirls - absolute bonkers ? 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #420751 Wed Apr 09 2014 10:29am
Beancounter_74

England 

That's shocking!! Shocked
Makes you question the quality of other work they turn out at the dealers if their willing to give a car back to a customer like that Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #420759 Wed Apr 09 2014 1:50pm
TheJollyBodger

That was my argument this morning Mr BeanCounter, I dropped it off at the dealership for the knocking noise evident when driving on rough roads. They couldn't hear it...

To be fair, I wen't there 8am this morning and showed the manager and he was embarrassed and disgusted, demanded the outsourced valeters come on site immediately to see their handy work. It's now booked in for full paint correction, free of charge next Tuesday Smile

Post #420760 Wed Apr 09 2014 2:01pm
Beancounter_74

England 

That's good and at least they are trying to rectify the problem. Thumbs Up

I never understand why anybody involved in a sales type role would not check anything and everything before it went to a customer, I appreciate it's a resource issue, but think of the extra effort and cost he will have to now go to to get it sorted. Rolling Eyes ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #420761 Wed Apr 09 2014 2:16pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

BC, we are similar sort of business, but I don't have time to check every vehicle leaving the yard although I would like to, would save on returned faults. I do employ a guy who is reasponsible for quality control which includes washing and hoovering out lorries which in most cases is also living accommodation for drivers. In most cases those that I can check fall way below standards I expect. His argument is that washing is outsourced to two guys who get paid by the job but in his defence, the bodyshop work quality is tiptop. As you say, it's manpower V economic sense. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #420763 Wed Apr 09 2014 2:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1