RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2013 MY daytime running lights - help.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Taxman

2013 MY daytime running lights - help.

Hi,

Just purchased a 2013 black edition and went to LR today and asked if a technician could turn on the daytime running lights. Some if the staff said it was dooable, some thought on ' auto ' they would be on, which of course they don't and others said unless you as the front bumper LEDs then it's not possible.

Can someone with firm experience elaborate as it's seems totally nuts to not have this function for safety etc on such a new vehicle.

Thanks
Andy.

Post #420633 Mon Apr 07 2014 10:28pm
wemeadows

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Fuji White

I've got a MY 13 (old body style). I asked my LR guy about this as I just assumed that the vehicle had DRL.

My understanding is that you can turn the feature on and off on all of the vehicles via software, but it only makes sense to turn it on if the LEDs are installed in the bumper.

Here in US I would have to put in the front bumper LEDs to get DRL, but I won't be putting out the money for that.

Instead, I'll just use the so-called parking lights (position #1) when I think to turn them on during the day time.

FWIW, I think DRL should just be standard anyway on such an expensive new vehicle. 2013 RRS HSE Lux, Fuji White w/Silver Pkg, 5.0 V8
Gone, but not forgotten: 1995 RR County Classic SWB, Arctic White

Post #420644 Tue Apr 08 2014 12:41am
The Red One

United Kingdom 

When I bought my MY12, the dealer said they were signature lights in the headlight and not DRL. He said to have the signature lights on as a DRL, you would have to switch the lights to side lights, which also puts the rear lights on. I did ask if the signature lights could be turned into DRL, but have been told no by at least 3 different LR dealers.
This was the same with my D4 that I had before.
Switching the side lights on isn't too much of a deal, therefore I do that and the lights on buzzer reminds me if I forget to switch them off. Smile

Post #420652 Tue Apr 08 2014 7:56am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I believe the front signature lights and rear lights can be configured for use as DRLs. My IIDTool gives the option to set "Canadian DRLs" or "Scandinavian DRLs" in the CCF. Haven't tried though.

Post #420655 Tue Apr 08 2014 8:33am
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

I think you will find that turning on the Canadian/Scandinavian DRL feature just automatically puts on dipped beam and tail lights when the ignition is turned on (just like the Volvos a few years back)

There is no LED DRL feature on previous to current model Sports unless you go the standard RR (expensive) option route in the bumper or aftermarket. I did see an aftermarket conversion with DRLs incorporated in to the fog lights but can't remember where

Post #420656 Tue Apr 08 2014 8:39am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33476.html?highlight=drl Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #420666 Tue Apr 08 2014 10:21am
Arnaud

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I just turn on the side lights [MY12] as well, but have no idea how long these LEDs last Shocked -------------------
Gone: RRS 5.0 V8, RRS 5.0 V8, Disco4 5.0 V8, RRS 3.0, Disco3 4.0 V6; BMW M125
Burnt: Disco3 2.7

Post #427563 Wed Jun 18 2014 5:17pm
ironada

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

From P38 of the handbook for my Jan 13 Black Edition.

DAYLIGHT RUNNING LAMPS
With the main light position in the off position (1), low beam headlamps, side lamps, tail, license plate lamps and, where fitted, side marker lamps, will switch on automatically under the following conditions:

The ignition is on.
The gear selector is out of park.
The parking brake is not applied (is released) - market dependent. HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).

Post #427568 Wed Jun 18 2014 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1