RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > NEW MEDUZA BUMPER FITTED TODAY! PICS BEFORE AND AFTER!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RRSNorway

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

The ebay ones look great.

Are there a function so the xenon goes of and just the drl's are on at daytime?

Or you wire it so its on with the sidelights?

Have seen that my rrs light goes on and of after tunnels etc but don't know which ones:) RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #421320 Mon Apr 14 2014 8:44pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

the drl's turn on with the ignition Thumbs Up . they should automatically dim when the headlights are switched on, according to eu law, but some drl's switch off when headlights switch on. i prefer the dim function. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #421322 Mon Apr 14 2014 8:59pm
RRSNorway

Have you seen any other autobiography with 5 LED or more?
Im not sure the 4 LED will give a good look with all the other cars driving around with 5-6 to give a more powerful look. RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #421361 Tue Apr 15 2014 9:41am
tanloverluke

no i havent, but if you look at the latest mercs for example they have the 4 led drl's (oem) and they look great. remember it's also to do with the illumination, not just how many there are. i also want an oem look for my upgrade, so it has to be a 4 string Wink Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #421363 Tue Apr 15 2014 10:02am
RRSNorway

just received my new front bumper from Meduza Very Happy

1 Seeing that there are no holes for washers but the imprint of where they should be. Should we cut out all the holes or just a small part?

2. The grill to DRL came in a separat box. Trim them to be glued on with Tec7 from the inside?

3. There are no predrilled holes for mounting the bumper to the car. Is it build for buyer to drill the same holes from old bumper on to new meduza for perfect fit?

any help is appreciated as I will try to assemble this myself.... Thumbs Up RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #422728 Tue Apr 29 2014 11:45am
tanloverluke

1) yep youve gotta grill them out yourself, just make sure you dont drill them too big!!! get the size from your original bumper
2) yep glued from the inside
3) yep youve gotta drill all the holes yourself, even the holes for where the bumper "clicks" to join the front wings.

the fog lights are also a little tricky. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #422736 Tue Apr 29 2014 1:04pm
customcarsuk

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Looks awsome, love it Thumbs Up

Post #422754 Tue Apr 29 2014 6:20pm
RRSNorway

tanloverluke wrote:
no i havent, but if you look at the latest mercs for example they have the 4 led drl's (oem) and they look great. remember it's also to do with the illumination, not just how many there are. i also want an oem look for my upgrade, so it has to be a 4 string Wink

Have you bought the lights yet?

Im thinking of bying the ebay ones with 4 LED's with dim as long as its dimming with the xenons and bright when singel. RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #422763 Tue Apr 29 2014 7:35pm
tanloverluke

not yet, still undecided between the rostra and the philips.
the biggest question though is where to put them, and how to bolt them into place...any ideas? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #422774 Tue Apr 29 2014 8:40pm
RRSNorway

Think the best way is to mount it infront of the grills with screws inserted upwards.....

But anyone knows how to make DRL's go one at daytime when the xenon are turned off and reverse?
When using "auto" the xenon will allways be on so there is now way of doing this on a 2006 HSE

The best way is to make it go on with the xenon on start up? RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #422780 Tue Apr 29 2014 9:12pm
tanloverluke

but the drl's would stick out quite a lot this way, wouldn't they?

ok, in norway you have the xenons's on permanently? i don't think the xenons are classified as the headlights so i don't think that's a problem, but i may be very wrong...best to check with philips on this. but it may also depend on how you wire the thing?

question also is...do you want the drl to turn off with xenon/headlights turned on, or dim? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #422781 Tue Apr 29 2014 9:19pm
RRSNorway

Would like the DRL to light up when sunny/day without the xenons and stay on at night when xenon turn on....

I think the DRLs would go fine infront of the grill. Or we can just cut out the size in the grill.

Did you sand down the bumper before paint or did your bumper come spotless? I got some production lines especially at the end where it clicks near the front wings of the car. RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #423025 Thu May 01 2014 7:59pm
tanloverluke

yep, constantly on is what i would like Thumbs Up

i really would like mine to sit flush with the grill, i.e. they don't protrude. the grille would have to be cut, or i'm thinking of placing them just above the grilles, like this:

Click image to enlarge

the bodyshop had to sand the bumper down prior to painting, they mentioned to me about fibreglass looking bad when painted if not prepared properly. who painted yours? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #423026 Thu May 01 2014 8:04pm
RRSNorway

Just installed my new bumper and it looks great!!

Next is to get the DRL lights Thumbs Up

Got yours installed?

Anyone knows if its possible to paint the PDC in silver or buy a cover?

Post #423027 Thu May 01 2014 8:21pm
dannygreen_7

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

tanloverluke wrote:
yep, constantly on is what i would like Thumbs Up

i really would like mine to sit flush with the grill, i.e. they don't protrude. the grille would have to be cut, or i'm thinking of placing them just above the grilles, like this:

Click image to enlarge

the bodyshop had to sand the bumper down prior to painting, they mentioned to me about fibreglass looking bad when painted if not prepared properly. who painted yours?

LOVE your range rover sport, is that wrapped? or painted

Post #428738 Sat Jun 28 2014 3:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>