RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
HELP

For one reason or another I finally decided to cancel the se and go with the hse with privacy and tow bar , I've had 2 black sports ans 1 black evoque , I have ordered Mariana black wife's choice , however I would really like a change and I keep leaning towards Firenze , don't know what it is but the 2014 sport just doesn't have the same wow factor in the darker colours , I was going for corris in the se but that was a bit half hearted again grey just doesn't do it for me , colours are subjective so I am not wishing to offend any of you just a bit of advice ! Views , think the point is also not to many out and about to see in real time except for white ( plenty ) and black , thanks rob

Post #419881 Mon Mar 31 2014 9:59pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Definitely go with Firenze! Cool Thumbs Up

Or if not, Loire Blue is nice. Whistle Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #419882 Mon Mar 31 2014 10:08pm
robot

Thanks chris my deliver date is 20th July so I assume I've probably got until end of May to change colour without being set back , just hope one or two more colours start appearing the blue does look good just a tad concerned it's dark I appreciate your reply tho

Post #419883 Mon Mar 31 2014 10:15pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I was worried that the blue was going to be too dark when I ordered it but I'm really pleased I did now. I think it's a nice contrast with the Ivory interior and I have yet to see another blue Sport (or any other RR!) It turns a very light metallic blue when the sun hits it, it's like the car is two different colours!

You can see the pics in my thread, it's an HSE too so will give you an idea. If you need any more pics let me know. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #419886 Mon Mar 31 2014 10:22pm
robot

Could be with a look the wife is really against red and don't really want another black car thanks again ps I've had a look at your gallery if you have any more pics in bright sun ( now that's it's shinning again ) I would appreciate taking a look thanks chris

Post #419888 Mon Mar 31 2014 10:33pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Yes, no problem. I'm off to the Lake District with the RRS on Sunday so will take some snaps over the weekend. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #419890 Mon Mar 31 2014 10:38pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Robot...I understand where you're coming from ref the new Sport seeming to lend itself to more vivid/sportier colour schemes, rather than darker colours. Prior models of Range Sports/FFRS/Discos were all about Black or Silver, with brief spell of white with the old RRS. The D4 in white looked suprisingly splendid.
But the clock seems to have turned back to the 70s with bright colours and contrasting roofs for all manner of cars , hatches etc. Certainly the new RRS being a real Sport lends itself to red with black, plus big shiny alloys. The Evoque has some pretty cool colour schemes also these days. Back in the 70s I had a yellow Golf with a black roof....it was uber cool at the time, but would you have ordered this in say 1990? It would have looked awful!!
IMHO today's colours look fab - back to 'Fire up the Quattro' times, but in a few years the market will have moved on. Question is..where to?
I'll probably go from a Chile to a Firenze later this year, but after that go back to black!!

Post #419891 Mon Mar 31 2014 11:03pm
robot

Think you have it pretty spot on bob , yeh I had a yells scrirocco , with the sport I think black such as on my 2013 be looks good bold shape ect , however with the 2014 the lines are softer so lends itself to lighter colours look at White IMO great on the new sport a bit in yer face on the old one

Post #419892 Tue Apr 01 2014 7:13am
ROB9772

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Chrisr1806 wrote:
Definitely go with Firenze! Cool Thumbs Up

Or if not, Loire Blue is nice. Whistle

I ordered Corris Grey, changed to Loire Blue then changed again to Firenze. Pictures don't do it justice. Its a very deep red, it works well with silver or black finishing kit, it doesn't show the dirt and is easy to clean. I particularly liked the blue but thought it would need similar cleaning to black. In fairness you cant really go wrong as the all look beautiful. I saw one in Luxor with a black roof last week and its the nicest combination I have seen including Red ! Current - Red Range Rover Sport
Gone - Vogue SE - Merc GL - Q7 - X5 - Disco 4 - RRS - RS6 - S4 - XF - DB7 - 645ci - 535d
+ many old wreckers and my first Capri JPS

Post #419896 Tue Apr 01 2014 8:16am
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Saw an ipanema sand AB at the weekend, looked stunning! 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #419903 Tue Apr 01 2014 9:39am
robot

Well how times have changed the wife says she will divorce me if I order Firenze , strange how she met me when I was a young man about town with my red 3 series bm , this could be a win win situation ( ha ) does any one know the going rate for a cleaner , cook , shirt ironer , , and yeh join the club Capri 2.0 jps I will have to keep looking but NOT black cheers for your input fellers

Post #420034 Tue Apr 01 2014 9:44pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I was in the same situation. SWMBO likes red cars, but decided it didn't look good on the RRS and wouldn't let me have it! Rolling Eyes Banging Head Thud

I'm happy with Loire though. Cool Wink Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #420035 Tue Apr 01 2014 9:46pm
robot

Chris tell me does the blue look black ( ish ) on grey days I've told mrs robot ( crap user name I know ) to look at the configuration have you seen the Barolo

Post #420038 Tue Apr 01 2014 9:53pm
Chrisr1806

England 

It's not quite as dark as black, but it turns very light when the sun is on it.

Sorry, not the best pictures but hopefully they will give you an idea. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #420041 Tue Apr 01 2014 9:58pm
robot

Just had a look on you tube it is a classy colour and IMO looks good with the silver roof

Post #420044 Tue Apr 01 2014 10:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>