RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why Do You Think This Is?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

simmikie

United States 
Why Do You Think This Is?

Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted here, and it's good to see that for the most part there is a high satisfaction level with your Sports. My question is, why are the Sports seemingly trouble-free, and yey the "full fat" Range Rover is still so problematic? Watching the RangeRover.net website, 05 & even 06 Range Rovers are just beseiged with problems. It's just incomprehensible to me how a manufactuer allows this to happen. It's probably the main issue preventing me from taking the plunge. I would like it to be a plunge and not a free off of a cliff! Any thoughts, feedback, comments and/or observations invited.

simmikie

Post #2102 Fri Sep 02 2005 7:13pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I would assume that it is becuase the 'big' Range Rover is still the BMW developed car, but the Sport (and Disco 3) is the first Ford developed cars. Ford did it with Jaguar's - made them more reliable and a much better car. It might be too early to say, but it looks like they have made massive improvements at Land Rover too now. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2106 Fri Sep 02 2005 10:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

isnt the sport built off of the lr3? Did the lr3 have many problems? Maybe this is why they chose not to build the sport off of the currant range rover.

Post #2107 Fri Sep 02 2005 10:15pm
simmikie

United States 

mpwox11 wrote:
I would assume that it is becuase the 'big' Range Rover is still the BMW developed car, but the Sport (and Disco 3) is the first Ford developed cars. Ford did it with Jaguar's - made them more reliable and a much better car. It might be too early to say, but it looks like they have made massive improvements at Land Rover too now.

A very reasonable perspective, and seems to hold alot of water. Thanks for offering those thoughts.

simmikie

Post #2115 Sat Sep 03 2005 6:29am
simmikie

United States 

djsaad1 wrote:
isnt the sport built off of the lr3? Did the lr3 have many problems? Maybe this is why they chose not to build the sport off of the currant range rover.

Yes the RRS is based on the LR3, but it seemed to have a ton of issues which in all fairness, if memory serves me, the majority were software related and seemed to have been for the most part resolved.

dlsaad1, I think I will take it upon myself to issue some tough luv. I read your post concerning the dealership not returning your calls, and addressing your concerns. Someone responded that you should not reward that dealership with your hard won money (I'm assuming). And you expressed concerns about how the service would be if you did not purchase from them.

The truth of the matter is all organizations develop a "culture" through which they operate. If that dealerships culture exhibits such disdain for you now, it certainly will not change after your purchase. If your experience with them now is unsatisfactory, in all likelyhood it will not improve as a result of your purchasing or not purchasing. Stand up for yourself purchase the vehicle elsewhere, and when time for service arrives, tell the service department that sales had a chance to earn your business and failed, so how do they intend to make a loyal customer to the service dept. out of you.

simmikie

Post #2116 Sat Sep 03 2005 6:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1