RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Order Delayed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Stafford Land Rover. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #416763 Wed Mar 05 2014 10:19pm
Tboner

England 

Small dealer will have less allocation

Also with engine shortages appearing on loads of specs due to the delayed opening of the new plant that could be the reason ? or maybe they have just run out of pano roofs again lol 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419845 Mon Mar 31 2014 2:06pm
Dazzler

United Kingdom 

I have just had my order brought forward, should have been 8th May build, now mid April !!! 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White, Ebony / Lunar Dark Grey Oak,22" Alloys, Red Brake Callipers, Panoramic Roof in Contrast Black, Heated Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Privacy Glass & Fixed Side Steps

Going - 2011 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury, Fuji White, Ebony Leather with contrast stitching, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, heated steering Wheel, Tv

Post #419854 Mon Mar 31 2014 4:04pm
jra1234

United Kingdom 

Can I ask when you ordered?

Post #420417 Sun Apr 06 2014 9:05am
Tboner

England 

So if Mid April , have you checked the build has the latest in-control software and updates 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #420423 Sun Apr 06 2014 9:44am
Dazzler

United Kingdom 

I ordered my vehicle mid February!!! What updates should I be looking for ? 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White, Ebony / Lunar Dark Grey Oak,22" Alloys, Red Brake Callipers, Panoramic Roof in Contrast Black, Heated Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Privacy Glass & Fixed Side Steps

Going - 2011 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury, Fuji White, Ebony Leather with contrast stitching, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, heated steering Wheel, Tv

Post #420435 Sun Apr 06 2014 12:28pm
Tboner

England 

as per the post "in-control software" 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #420450 Sun Apr 06 2014 2:48pm
essexrover

United Kingdom 

so after a long wait, i have got my build date for 20th of May which is good news. I did complain to LR headquarters but unfortunately they couldn't do anything to bring the date back, They did send me a huge food hamper to apologise which was a very nice gesture. Anyway should have my car in June which makes me happy.

Post #421815 Mon Apr 21 2014 4:49am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Good to hear your car is in their plan, when you say a long wait, how long is long? Also, which engine are you going for? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #421818 Mon Apr 21 2014 6:28am
essexrover

United Kingdom 

I ordered the HSE in August last year, wanted incontrol but told it wasn't available for me but got everything else I wanted.

Post #421849 Mon Apr 21 2014 3:08pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Interesting, "Pete", our man at Land Rover, has been maintaining InControl would be available from April build cars on but you've been told it's not available for a May build. I expect the truth is that it's been pulled from this model year just like the hybrid, the V8 SC, the SE and probably more besides. I wonder if anyone has actually taken delivery of the SDV8 yet...

It will be interesting to see whether the infotainment system is upgraded for MY2015 - which I expect has at least some implications for InControl - or whether they soldier on with it for a while, particularly given the latest move from Apple to get into car environments and LR's apparent decision to run with them.

The real problem is that electronics/software changes so quickly that car manufacturers are perpetually playing catch up. Mark

Post #421852 Mon Apr 21 2014 3:32pm
Tboner

England 

lol a bit like the the new engine factory that opened in January that is still a building site and has no access road ! more pie in the sky by the sounds of it and of course a lack of engines !! 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #421856 Mon Apr 21 2014 4:23pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Would anyone here like to volunteer to have an engine from the new plant's first day of production?

LR really do need to learn to be more realistic when setting dates. It really isn't very clever to set expectations and then not deliver on them.

When I bought my Evoque, I had SEVEN delivery dates, 3 of which were before the eventual delivery, 3 after and the final one when a surprised dealer called me to say 'your car's here". At least they are getting better in one respect; for my RRS, I've had NO delivery dates so I can't accuse LR of missing them. Mark

Post #421864 Mon Apr 21 2014 5:33pm
Tboner

England 

Rolling with laughter did you mean first day ? or FIRST YEAR ? 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #421867 Mon Apr 21 2014 5:35pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Mark_N wrote:
Interesting, "Pete", our man at Land Rover, has been maintaining InControl would be available from April build cars on but you've been told it's not available for a May build. I expect the truth is that it's been pulled from this model year just like the hybrid, the V8 SC, the SE and probably more besides. I wonder if anyone has actually taken delivery of the SDV8 yet...

It will be interesting to see whether the infotainment system is upgraded for MY2015 - which I expect has at least some implications for InControl - or whether they soldier on with it for a while, particularly given the latest move from Apple to get into car environments and LR's apparent decision to run with them.

The real problem is that electronics/software changes so quickly that car manufacturers are perpetually playing catch up.

But, to be fair and as you know, In Control wasn't even an option when the order was placed, wasn't an option when the MY14.5 cars could be first specced, let alone the MY14 cars. The SC V8 has not been dropped as both you and I could have been driving around in one by now but we've both decided to wait. 

Post #421869 Mon Apr 21 2014 5:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>