RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Hybrid!? Gone already?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Baco

Belgium 
Hybrid!? Gone already?

I saw that in the configurator (for my country, Belgium) there's no longer an option to take the SDV6 Hybrid. I just checked the UK version, same there...

Have they ditched these already? Or just another error in the configurator? I'm just wondering...

Post #416304 Mon Mar 03 2014 4:02pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think, just like a White Elephant, it is experiencing an extended gestation period. Do you seriously want the monumental added complexity? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #416317 Mon Mar 03 2014 4:26pm
Baco

Belgium 

Well, the performance boost was kinda nice to see, yes, and tax-wise a lot cheaper than the 4.4 diesel. So yes, I would have considered it. They still have some time, so no worries there. As I said, I was just wondering...

Post #416320 Mon Mar 03 2014 4:33pm
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi Baco,

Just to confirm, the Hybrid will not be available at 14MY, it is now however scheduled for 15MY availability.

Due to unprecedented levels of demand for Range Rover and Range Rover Sport we have been unable to meet requirements across all markets. We have been forced to re-balance production in line with demand for all derivatives.

Many thanks,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #416322 Mon Mar 03 2014 4:38pm
Baco

Belgium 

Thanks for the info, Pete! Thumbs Up

Post #416325 Mon Mar 03 2014 4:44pm
Renaco

Germany 

Pete@LandRover wrote:
Hi Baco,

Just to confirm, the Hybrid will not be available at 14MY, it is now however scheduled for 15MY availability.

Due to unprecedented levels of demand for Range Rover and Range Rover Sport we have been unable to meet requirements across all markets. We have been forced to re-balance production in line with demand for all derivatives.

Many thanks,
Pete

Thats shocking. Orderd mine in October and they wanted deliver between April and June.
And now this..., my Garage told me one week ago they assume June...

Not very Professional from LR, especially for us who ordered already, they have to communicate this at the LR HP and also the configuration has to be available as a customer Service.

Its my 5th Range, but seems a customer is now just a number, dissapointing.

Best, René

Post #416373 Mon Mar 03 2014 8:21pm
Baco

Belgium 

I sincerely hope they are going to honor the orders that are in already. Maybe it's just for new orders?

Post #416375 Mon Mar 03 2014 8:23pm
shadrack

United Kingdom 

Baco wrote:
Thanks for the info, Pete! Thumbs Up

cancell it and buy a new x5

Post #416386 Mon Mar 03 2014 8:50pm
Baco

Belgium 

I can only speak for myself, but that's never going to happen Surprised I don't have one on order anymore since I switched my RRS order to an Evoque (made more sense at this time), which will be replaced by an RRS in 2 years. Either my wife will continue to use the Evoque, or I'm trading it in for an RRS (and yes, the Hybrid does interest me).

Post #416389 Mon Mar 03 2014 8:57pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Baco wrote:
I sincerely hope they are going to honor the orders that are in already. Maybe it's just for new orders?

I'm sure they will honour orders. Just not until MY2015 is out. 

Post #416418 Mon Mar 03 2014 11:15pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Pete@LandRover wrote:
We have been forced to re-balance production in line with demand for all derivatives.

Pete

Will the UK ever see the return of the SE in 2015?
Seriously disappointed that the entry level RRS is no longer available , I like many others would rather have an SE and spec it up with things that I will use and keep my personal tax to a sensible level. If not I will be looking elsewhere next year

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #416419 Mon Mar 03 2014 11:37pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

"Will the UK ever see the return of the SE in 2015?"

Which way are you going to vote then? Very Happy 

Post #416424 Tue Mar 04 2014 12:24am
garrycol

Australia 

Pete@LandRover wrote:
Hi Baco,

Many thanks,
Pete

In other words LR haven't got it sorted yet. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #416428 Tue Mar 04 2014 3:06am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Pete@LandRover wrote:

This is also Land Rover-speak for "there's a problem with the design", "we need to train the dealers on high voltage safety", "we'll be losing money on every one we make", "the control electronics keeps going pop" and all the rest.

One of the things that surprises me is the big diesel, petrol and hybrid were all the same price on the RRS whereas the petrol is more expensive than the big diesel in the FFRR. It's almost as if the SC price is a ceiling above which the hybrid would not have a snowball's chance in hell of selling.

The hybrid adds back some of the weight lost through the move to aluminium and I do wonder what the real world improvement in economy will be and whether that matters one iota in the context of the complexity. The day a hybrid owner is told he needs a new Li-Ion battery pack will not be a happy day. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #416429 Tue Mar 04 2014 3:16am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

codfather wrote:
Pete@LandRover wrote:
We have been forced to re-balance production in line with demand for all derivatives.

Pete

Will the UK ever see the return of the SE in 2015?
Seriously disappointed that the entry level RRS is no longer available , I like many others would rather have an SE and spec it up with things that I will use and keep my personal tax to a sensible level. If not I will be looking elsewhere next year

Cheers
Dave

Indeed so. The SE should also have the off- and on/off- road option packs. The idea that the cheapest RRS won't go off road but the more expensive ones will is frankly idiotic. It's obvious that LR know that the sweet spot for the RRS is SE with some kit and full capability. But the Disco is also available in high-range only now so perhaps that's where the future lies: a 9-speed gearbox with 1st so short that it gives a low range effect. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #416449 Tue Mar 04 2014 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>