RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Another request for Bluetooth phone advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RCT65to92

2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange
Another request for Bluetooth phone advice

After searching there doesn't seem to be an answer to my specific query so here goes:

My RRS (details in sig) says "no phone fitted" when I operate the phone button on the central panel (radio etc). However, attached to the overhead panel above the mirror is a small twin microphone and in the handbook case there is a user manual for a Mobridge device, which just gives details on connectivity.

If I set my iPhone 3GS to bluetooth search it does list Mobridge as an option but when I ask it to connect it fails saying the Mobridge is not switched on!

So this suggests there is something fitted to the car for my mobile to detect it so any suggestions on how to switch it on, or even locate it please? (Nothing obvious in or under the dash or seats, other than the sat nav kit).

BTW, there are no phone related buttons on the steering wheel, just the voice button and usual audio and cruise control ones although a youtube video giving a demo of a Mobridge working on a RRS shows it used with the central consul knobs and buttons, which I do have.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cj6_esy2wyI

Edit:
Sorry anyone who has taken time to read this as I think I have answered my own post. But rather than delete it I'll leave it in case it will help someone else.

It seems my initial search was not thorough enough as, after wading fully through the 9 pages in this thread, I discovered the panel in the rear offside and sure enough..... no bluetooth unit present!! So it seems that a Mobridge kit was once installed, complete with mics etc, but has been removed before I bought the car, which probably accounts for why my phone is detecting something that has been left behind. RRS 4.4 V8 HSE G4 LE 2005
Triumph Bonneville T100

Post #415593 Wed Feb 26 2014 1:50pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

I also have a phone problem but believe it is the model of phone not the car, just wanted to say hi to another G4 on here..

Regards Ian 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #416105 Sat Mar 01 2014 11:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1