RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Are some options any good?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NTBeyond

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 S Zermatt Silver
Are some options any good?

Since the 2014 RRS was first mooted, I've been waiting to see what it's like in the flesh to see if it's worth ugrading my ever so reliable wonderful 2010 model. I've tested the base model but would like to get some toys as well with my new order but am unsure if they are really worth the price. If any members have these options, could you let me know if you find them handy or a waste of time/money.
TV/Audio Visual Pack - Massaging Seats - Park Assist
I accept these are individual choices, but any comments on pros and cons would assist. 2014 SDV6 HSE, Panoramic Roof, 825w sound, Surround Cameras
Gone: MY10, TDV6 Sport, Zermatt Silver, Sunroof, 18" Rally alloys.
2006 Pajero Exceed, Silver

Post #415546 Wed Feb 26 2014 7:37am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

First, you may be rich enough to simply not care but the three options you list will be worth next to nothing at re-sale. My dealer tells me, for example, that the only Evoque options on my car which have a bearing on it are the glass roof and electric tail-gate. Everything else counts for little. Whether he's right or not I do not know, he may of course be simply trying to justify his P/EX offer.

Then, you have the question of how useful the options are. Not sure what the TV/Audio Visual Pack comprises in Oz, there is no equivalent here but I assume it includes uprated stereo, split screen, RSE, TV tuner. TV reception has always been difficult in cars and of course you as driver can't see it anyway. There's a stronger case for watching DVDs but I would have thought an iPad would provide a better way than dedicated frozen-in-time technology. The resolution of the central display (I do not know about the rear screens) is pretty poor, made worse in split screen mode.

Massaging seats? I have them in my Mercedes and rarely use them. Even when I did, a leak in one of the inflatable bladders made it sound like I was sitting on a whoopy cushion - there was a sort of farting noise as I moved in the seat - and cost a fortune to fix. Any thoughts they will be a substitute for someone from Thailand pummelling your back will be quickly dispelled. Better to save your money and go to Bali for the real thing.

Parking and other driver aids. I work on the basis that aids which let you see the extremities of the car - surround cameras and parking sensors - are more useful than functions which rely on the car to sense its environment and take action accordingly. You'll only need to wreck one of your rims on an irregular kerb to never want to use the function again. Besides, how often do you parallel park in Darwin?

Just my thoughts, others will have a different view. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #415548 Wed Feb 26 2014 8:12am
ROB9772

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

I have always brought high spec cars and on every occasion have lost significantly more on the resale, however if you get good use of these "toys" then its justifiable. I would think very carefully about what you actually need rather than want as its easy to get carried away.
I have tried the massage seats in the Jag XJ and although not comparable with a hands on massage they were extremely good so I and am hoping for something very similar in the RR Sport. If you do long miles then anything that keeps blood flowing and muscles moving has to be a good thing.

Post #415553 Wed Feb 26 2014 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1