RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > What to do???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Senna

2010 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
What to do???

Finding my Evoque is a tad too small for me as a work car and am thinking of putting in another order for a MY2015 RRS.

Already have one arriving at the end of the month which is going to be Mrs Senna's car though I'll probably pinch it as much as I'm allowed to for the first few weeks till the excitement of a new gadget wears off.

I don't do huge work mileage, probably 9-10k per year, mostly motorway journeys.

I'm also thinking of going down the road of a FFRR. The dealer let me have a 3.0V6 SE on a 24 hour loan last year (in a horrible colour combination I might add) and I really liked the car. Some have said its a bit of a slouch with that engine but I disagree, it felt a lot quicker than our 2010 RRS HSE.

If I did go for the FFRR, I wouldn't go mental with options apart from driving aids. Ride and comfort levels would be a notch up from the RRS but RRS has other virtues over the FFRR as many know, (faster, better handling etc).

Pricing difference would be marginal (£5k up or down the way I see it if I kept control of the tick boxes when ordering).

Even thought about a Cayenne but from what I understand a major update is just around the corner so will probably avoid.

Thoughts? Current...
Just Landed....MY2014.5 Mariana Black HSE Dynamic with tons of toys
MY2014 Evoque Si4 Dynamic Santorini black with toys galore
2010 Porsche Carrera 2S (997.2) Basalt black with PDK

On Order: Porsche Macan S Diesel...eta March 2015

Previous
2010 RRS HSE Santorini black (super reliable and will be missed)
3 x Boring Audi's, Q7, TT, A4 Cab (yawn)

Post #413984 Fri Feb 14 2014 12:58pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Sounds like some man maths is getting in the way here. When you say the Evoque isn't big enough, what's the problem, not enough passenger space, not enough performance, not enough show-off factor?

Seems to me the depreciation of having two large Range Rovers on the driveway will be huge but if you can justify it or simply don't care, I would say go for it. Me, I'd rather have a 991 GT3 than a second big RR. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #414053 Fri Feb 14 2014 6:51pm
Senna

I'm already thinking of chopping my C2S in for a 991 GT3, as yet undecided.
One of my friends takes delivery of one in March so will spend some time with him and his new toy before I decide.
He already owns a 458 and a 12C and although they are dissimilar, a comparison between the three will be interesting nonetheless.

I normally keep my cars for 4-5 years (mostly dependent on boredom factor) so depreciation whilst still painful is not the end of the world. If I wanted a car that doesn't depreciate, I'd buy a so called old classic and spend my time waiting by the side of the road for the RAC instead. I've spent too much of my youth pushing a JPS Europa to the side of the road for that (that was pretty light mind).

Much as I like the Evoque, it lacks a few things for me. All of which is no surprise if I'm honest. My thought process was to go ahead with the purchase and bail out should I feel the need without hopefully losing fortunes via the normally heavy first year depreciation due to the cars current popularity.

Firstly I could do with more load space. I won't go into what I do for a living in case its considered as shilling but sometimes I need to load up with quite a lot of stuff to take with me to work sites and I just don't have enough space.

Secondly, the silly range and constant refueling of my Si4 is getting to me. I did a 45-50 mile round trip yesterday (mostly quickish country roads and dual carriageways) and only managed 19-20 mpg. Why they didn't put a bigger fuel tank in the thing is beyond me. They used logic with the RRS range in that the 5.0SC has a much larger fuel tank than the oil burners of the range, but sadly they seem to have passed on that option with the Evoque.

Think I'll spend some time with both the Evoque and the new RRS when it gets here before I decide, provided of course I can get it out of Mrs Senna's clutches for a few hours. 11 days to go and counting. Current...

Previous

Post #414385 Mon Feb 17 2014 12:03pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I don't know how you are driving your Evoque but now mine is run in (18k miles), I can easily get 28 - 30 mpg and I am by no means light footed. Mind you, if your secret occupation is brick-laying, loading the car up will have a negative impact on consumption.

The depreciation honeymoon with the Evoque is over, lead times are normal and I'm looking at 30 - 35% over 2.5 years, 18k miles, perhaps a bit less for diesels and 5 doors than my petrol 3 door. One dealer I went to admitted they were over-stocked with secondhand Evoques and that wasn't me trying to get him to make an offer, I simply remarked how many there were.

As for the GT3, you need to like your cars to be hard riding and, it's not at all clear whether they are still available to order. My dealer says sold out but then he desperately wants me to have a 991 turbo S instead. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #414396 Mon Feb 17 2014 1:07pm
Senna

Mark_N wrote:

I don't know how you are driving your Evoque but now mine is run in (18k miles), I can easily get 28 - 30 mpg and I am by no means light footed. Mind you, if your secret occupation is brick-laying, loading the car up will have a negative impact on consumption.

I wouldn't say I'm light footed either but I certainly don't race around in the thing.
I'm not in the building trade, my company installs high end private cinemas, whole house smart systems etc (mods please delete if inappropriate).
I've actually not been on a 'work run' as such since I took delivery of the car last September apart from a few meetings where the car traveled empty.

We have a company van driven by one of my guys so he takes the bulk of the hardware to site with him though occasionally there's a need for me to take top-up hardware like amps, speakers etc and its things like this that I'm probably going to struggle with.

Mark_N wrote:

The depreciation honeymoon with the Evoque is over, lead times are normal and I'm looking at 30 - 35% over 2.5 years, 18k miles, perhaps a bit less for diesels and 5 doors than my petrol 3 door. One dealer I went to admitted they were over-stocked with secondhand Evoques and that wasn't me trying to get him to make an offer, I simply remarked how many there were.

Yes and no. I have a 5 door with great spec and good colour with 5k miles so I don't think I'll have huge problems in selling it. Either privately for someone who wants one immediately and wants to save himself some money or the dealer who has the incentive of selling a car almost twice the price back to me.

Mark_N wrote:

As for the GT3, you need to like your cars to be hard riding and, it's not at all clear whether they are still available to order. My dealer says sold out but then he desperately wants me to have a 991 turbo S instead.

They are still available for 'regular customers' but only just. I got a call last week from my dealer telling me to get my skates on because as you rightly pointed out, very soon buying a new one from order will be like finding a basket of truffles in the local woods.

Every Porsche dealers dream is to sell 911 turbo's Current...

Previous

Post #414400 Mon Feb 17 2014 1:55pm
Senna

Off topic but had another chat with my Porsche dealer this morning and apparently all new GT3s have been ordered off the road by Porsche pending the results of an investigation into two fires involving early cars. Current...

Previous

Post #415067 Sat Feb 22 2014 4:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1