RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First impressions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

V8V Man

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
First impressions

I have a Sport v2 Autobiography V6 Diesel on order in Corris with contrast Santorini roof, Ebony/Lunar interior and adaptive headlights on order for June. Now I have that bit out of the way, the dealer kindly organised via JLR a demonstrator AB for a few days. First impression interior in very well put together and very plush, and I thought my 2011 RRS HSE was nice!

Driving it, it became very obvious that the diet of Aluminium has paid off and I can only assume a bit of further tuning of the V6 has been done as well, throttle response very good, uptake and speed very good and engine and exhaust note much much more like it!

Having done two significant trips 180 miles of M4 and a blast down the A303 and back plus countryside today (120 miles) it has returned an average of 30.5 MPG - so well done LR.

Being a demo car it's crammed with options, so far quite like the driver aids for overtaking, don't really see the difference mood lighting makes ( reported elsewhere here), like the new Sat Nav and Phone interface, you can be on a call and now with the additional Nav display between the rev counter and speedo you never miss that junction! Also like the fact that you can use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through last numbers etc and then just dial them without taking your hands off the wheel!

Trouble is now, I won't to give it back on Monday!

Can't wait till June! MY2014 RRS Autobiography in Corris Grey, Black contrast roof and Cirrus interior, adaptive lights and side steps.

Gone - 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 Baltic Blue, Ivory/Ebony contrast stitching, Side steps, paddles, iPod/IPhone lead (works just fine with iPhone4), Adaptive lights

2011 Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Carbon Black Edition

Post #413885 Thu Feb 13 2014 7:04pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Very nice, sounds like a nice car. Thumbs Up

My next car will probably be a RRS2. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #413886 Thu Feb 13 2014 7:21pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Well done on getting the extended test drive from your dealer. Mine can't even be bothered to place the order with the factory. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #413894 Thu Feb 13 2014 8:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1