RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Suspension problem "Normal ride height only"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sonnyjim

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue
Suspension problem "Normal ride height only"

Have done a few searches on here, but really want a up to date answer.

I got the dreaded chime in the car and the suspension light came on and was greeted with the message "Normal ride height only). Car is locked at normal ride height, it comes on when you start to drive, goes out when ignition is turned off.

Spoke to someone who reckons its the compressor failing...been quoted for a new one, but just want to check on here first before I take the plunge.

Aldo about 2 months ago I was getting the msg "HDC not available"? problem linked? Did read that a faulty/flat battery can cause havoc.

Thanks

Post #413368 Mon Feb 10 2014 6:58pm
sonnyjim

Had this car less than 6 months and had a fair few problems already...getting a joke now.

Supercharger coolant pump failed
Alarm keeps going off randomly
Coolant bottle sensor failed

Now a new compressor!!!!!

Post #413369 Mon Feb 10 2014 6:59pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Could be battery or alternator.

Systems shut down when voltage drops Sad  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #413378 Mon Feb 10 2014 7:34pm
hydronic

Australia 

I had a noisy compressor just before end of 3 year warranty recently. Dealer said the noise was normal, which it definitely wasn't, and refused to replace the compressor.

I then purchased an extended warranty.

Five days later, after the end of warranty, I got the "Normal height only available" message. Car was already booked in for a service and to replace sway bar bushes under the original LR warranty.

They agreed that the compressor was faulty and should be replaced. Then I got a call from the extended warranty insurance company saying LR were claiming both items on the extended warranty!

Had that sorted quick smart and the compressor and bushes were replaced under the LR warranty.

No more clunks, a quiet compressor and ride height messages have gone. Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #413413 Mon Feb 10 2014 9:36pm
PEACHY

England 

sonnyjim wrote:
Had this car less than 6 months and had a fair few problems already...getting a joke

Now a new compressor!!!!!

Sorry for the bad luck - it's a sad fact most of us on here have been in the same situation your in - its been said a thousand times " when these cars are good they are unbeatable but when they fail they are a Censored Censored Censored "
Head up - 1 problem at a time - I've had compressor issues - coolant temp sensor issues - dodgy alloys with cracks - water leaks - flat battery from the tailgate switch - but what else would I have ??? Crying or Very sad

If I could I'd buy my Mrs one as well Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #413417 Mon Feb 10 2014 9:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sonnyjim

Thanks guys, I have not noticed the compressor making any noise, I will double check tomorrow.

@Peachy, I am a realist and know that all makes of cars have there problems regardless of cost, its just at bad timing as im skint at the moment haha

Agree its a fantastic car, and a perfect place to be on the road esp when towing.

Regarding the battery, would placing it on a trickle charge over night work as the car has been standing for a while?

Post #413431 Tue Feb 11 2014 2:19am
sonnyjim

Finally got the RRS in for the compressor change and a 105k service.

They have identified a leaking transmission, a split selector seal, its slowly weeping oil (even though I have not seen any oil on my drive) so got them to change that out at £250 extra Big Cry

Post #416409 Mon Mar 03 2014 9:50pm
Lezzo

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Hi Peoples ! Just to add similar replies to whats already here Sad Had my RRS since June last year and all perfect UNTIL the dreaded warning lights appeared ! Mad HOWEVER ! I contacted the guy / dealer I got the car from (I also purchased a 2 year warranty with it Very Happy ) and he mentioned Autotechnics in Doncaster. Spoke with the two guys there (Phil and Tim) who explained possibles for the warning lights. I dropped the car in where they read the fault codes, this confirmed the compressor. "Sorted" it with the warranty company and they copped for 70% of the bill. This took into consideration allowable wear and tear ! All back to normal until two days ago when said light reappeared ! Crying or Very sad However, I rang the guys at Autotechnics again and they said"just pop it down Lezzo and we'll have a quick look for you" Very Happy Checked it over and it now looks as though I have a leak from air receiver ? I will no doubt go down the "warranty path" again but just wondering if anybody else had this at all ? If so any ideas of costs etc' ?. Also just to finish and say how helpful Phil and Tim have been since I first contacted them. I can highly recommend them and I will be using them for standard / routine service stuff. Thumbs Up

Post #416588 Tue Mar 04 2014 8:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1