RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Privacy Glass
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tom1s

Scotland 
Privacy Glass

Hi everyone, just waiting for my new RRS HSE in Corris Grey to be delivered sometime in March/April and I should have ordered privacy glass but forgot, my own fault.

The dealer has said it's gone passed the point of changing the order without delaying the car but has offered to an aftermarket job at the dealers when the car arrives. Does anyone know what the quality of such a job would be like? The dealer obviously says it will be very good quality but I would rather not have the tint than have an inferior second best job done!

Thanks

Post #413070 Sat Feb 08 2014 11:29am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Would rather get factory and wait a little longer the aftermarket tints just dont look that good but thats only my opinion but if i was you i would change order 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #413079 Sat Feb 08 2014 12:37pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My 1st RRS had aftermarket tints and now my 2012 RRS has factory fit privacy glass.

Whilst I thought the aftermarket tints looked ok, they are not as good as LR privacy glass as you notice the heating element lines a lot less. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #413085 Sat Feb 08 2014 1:14pm
Tom1s

Scotland 

Yes my gut was telling me that factory fitted was always going to be better and I my worry was I would always be thinking I wished I had had waited.

Thanks for your thoughts, really helpful...

Post #413093 Sat Feb 08 2014 1:38pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

My car was due to go into build on mid-March with a March 30th date at the dealers so April delivery to me. The order change date was Feb 12th. I would press your dealer first thing Monday. 

Post #413094 Sat Feb 08 2014 1:47pm
Tboner

England 

Yup 30 days is the normal commit period 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #413100 Sat Feb 08 2014 2:34pm
Andig

United States 

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much as there are some very good ceramic tints available now. A couple of years ago I had an Audi S6 done with these and it looked great and absorbed the Texan summer heat too. If I remember correctly, the price was about $600 i.e. about twice as much as the standard tint but well worth it.

Post #413144 Sun Feb 09 2014 12:09am
Tom1s

Scotland 

I think I will push the dealer on Monday morning and see what happens. The car delivery date is planned for 1st week in April so it's worth a try. Thanks for all your message guys, really helpful.

Post #413152 Sun Feb 09 2014 1:03am
The Red One

United Kingdom 

Did you manage to sort the privacy glass out for your order? Factory supplied privacy glass is part of the lamination process, therefore it is part of the glass layers and not a film that is put over the glass as the aftermarket tints are. The tint from the factory option is a good level, but with the films, they offer varying degrees of tint and I fell foul by going too dark on a previous Discovery and regretted it. Since then, I have always added it as part of the build and on my current RRS in Firenze red, it looks great.
I hope you got it sorted, I have ordered it on my new RRS HSE that goes into build in April and can't wait to get it.
Good luck with it Thumbs Up

Post #413566 Tue Feb 11 2014 9:04pm
Tom1s

Scotland 

Im seeing the dealer tomorrow to order the privacy glass and also to change the colour to Havana!!!

Rush of blood to the head but I saw a new RRS in what I thought was a fabulous colour in a motorway service station a few weeks ago and its been bugging me. Found out it was probably Havana and I'm off to see a RR in Havana, at the showroom tomorrow just to be sure. I think the slightly darker colour will go well with the ivory seats so nothing else should change...well until I see something else lol!

Thats the trouble waiting so long it gives you time to ponder and the closer I get to delivery, well it makes me wobble!

Post #413717 Wed Feb 12 2014 8:08pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. To my eyes, it's a very dark brown and I would instead go for Mariana black... But, to each his own and always a good idea to see the car in the metal. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #413723 Wed Feb 12 2014 8:34pm
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I was at the dealer yesterday getting my current RRS back from its MOT and while waiting had a look around and saw they had a car with the colour I have gone for, Corris grey with black roof (although not panoramic) - have to say it looked stunning and happy that I made the right choice! 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #413762 Wed Feb 12 2014 11:07pm
The Red One

United Kingdom 

I have to agree, I parked next to a corris grey HSE today and it looked great and made me feel good as it is the colour I am getting. It will look stunning in the summer when the metallic colour will show at its best and I have gone for the ivory/ebony interior, which will look great too. Cool

Post #413773 Thu Feb 13 2014 12:13am
blue

Italy 

@redone as you corris gray with pano and black roof but interiors still in doubt if ebony/cirrus with cirrus seats of ebony/ivory with ivory seats... I would like to find some real photo of these combo with corris gray outside to better decide...

Post #413784 Thu Feb 13 2014 7:18am
Tom1s

Scotland 

I was asked by my wife to describe the Havana colour I saw a few weeks ago on the road and I had to say it was a cross between, metalic Black, brown and grey...not a very appealing description but good on the car, I thought.

Well I do agree that my original choice of Corris Grey, Ivory seats and black dash looks great. I have also got the pano roof and piano black interior and had to go for the meridian sound system (lower price option) as the difference in sound quality is stunning. So even if Havana doesn't live up to my expectation I will still be very happy with original choice.

So, off to the dealer later to look at Havana and I will let you all know if its as good as I remembered!

Tom

Post #413790 Thu Feb 13 2014 8:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>