RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > Java Supercharged 06 plate, Fosse Park Leicester
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

MDP

United Kingdom 

There is no need to lower every time - but us shorties find it easier to get in and out Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #49187 Wed Aug 16 2006 1:07am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
There is no need to lower every time - but us shorties find it easier to get in and out Wink

And us not so short but old Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #49197 Wed Aug 16 2006 7:46am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Cheers all - saves reading the manual again! Laughing

Post #49200 Wed Aug 16 2006 8:26am
NellyP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Parks in "mother & Todler" space & still needs more room, maybe al the silver colour coded bits dazzled the driver Rolling with laughter

Post #68274 Tue Nov 28 2006 11:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

i always lower mine, two reasons it looks good and it saves seat wear some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #68277 Wed Nov 29 2006 12:22am
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

It also put's the car into 'sleep' mode as with P38a Range Rovers. I posted a particularly dull post Confused about flat batteries and electronic opening devices (gates and garage doors) but I forget where it was posted.

In a nutshell, by putting the car in 'access mode' in powers down 99% of power consumers, if not then the car assumes it will be driven soon.

So, if you are leaving it for a few days I'd lower it! Wink TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #68401 Wed Nov 29 2006 5:06pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I always lower mine. The wife is a short a**e and can't get in and out if I don't. Laughing It does get on your nerves though if someone opens the doors before it has fully lowered to access height.

I have also got into the habit of locking it in access height when entering multi storey car parks too. I haven't been in any low ceiling places yet but knowing my luck, the first time I don't lower the suspension will be the day I needed to. Confused Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #68478 Wed Nov 29 2006 11:08pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

TB wrote:

I have also got into the habit of locking it in access height when entering multi storey car parks too. I haven't been in any low ceiling places yet but knowing my luck, the first time I don't lower the suspension will be the day I needed to. Confused

I always lower mine also, and drop it when entering a car park, but did not know you could "lock" it in that position. How do you do this? I was warned by the dealer about accelerating while in a car park with a low ceiling as the car would then rise to regular height. I've had this happen once although the ceiling was high enough.

Curious about being able to lock it. How is this done? 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #68498 Thu Nov 30 2006 7:13am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

To lock it in access height, you keep your finger on the button and it'll go bong. When you then subsequently drive over a partic speed (I think it's about 10-15mph) it unlocks itself and returns to normal height.

It is useful in multistoreys... Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #68506 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:41am
NellyP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

It also put's the car into 'sleep' mode as with P38a Range Rovers. I posted a particularly dull post about flat batteries and electronic opening devices (gates and garage doors) but I forget where it was posted.

In a nutshell, by putting the car in 'access mode' in powers down 99% of power consumers, if not then the car assumes it will be driven soon.

So, if you are leaving it for a few days I'd lower it!

When you remove the ignition key the car goes into "sleep mode" shutting dowm all non essential electrical systems Wink

Post #68508 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I also always lower the RRS and did the same with the FFRR. To get round the "somebody opens the door before it has finished lowering" situation I press the button earlier than needed so the car is lowered before I stop. There is no problem with driving slowly in lowered mode - IIRC LR designed the suspension to operate in access mode for use in low multistorey carparks. The problem I have is getting the other person who occassionally drives my car to lower the suspension before leaving it locked for long periods. So far no flat battery ..... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #68519 Thu Nov 30 2006 11:02am
MikeP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I also always lower the RRS and did the same with the FFRR. To get round the "somebody opens the door before it has finished lowering" situation I press the button earlier than needed so the car is lowered before I stop. There is no problem with driving slowly in lowered mode - IIRC LR designed the suspension to operate in access mode for use in low multistorey carparks. The problem I have is getting the other person who occassionally drives my car to lower the suspension before leaving it locked for long periods. So far no flat battery .....

Hi guys sorry to revive an old topic but I have one question. When you say someone opens the door before its had time to lower...does it not wait and when you've closed all the doors then lower itself? Then you can lock it?
I know with my mates RR Vogue TD6 that whenever I drive it, I lower it get out and lock it and it continues to lower. At least I'm pretty sure it does.
Cheers
Mike

Post #71459 Mon Dec 18 2006 10:10pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

MikeP wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I also always lower the RRS and did the same with the FFRR. To get round the "somebody opens the door before it has finished lowering" situation I press the button earlier than needed so the car is lowered before I stop. There is no problem with driving slowly in lowered mode - IIRC LR designed the suspension to operate in access mode for use in low multistorey carparks. The problem I have is getting the other person who occassionally drives my car to lower the suspension before leaving it locked for long periods. So far no flat battery .....

Hi guys sorry to revive an old topic but I have one question. When you say someone opens the door before its had time to lower...does it not wait and when you've closed all the doors then lower itself? Then you can lock it?
I know with my mates RR Vogue TD6 that whenever I drive it, I lower it get out and lock it and it continues to lower. At least I'm pretty sure it does.
Cheers
Mike

nope - once you've removed the key and opened the door it doesn't continue to lower

Post #71460 Mon Dec 18 2006 10:13pm
MikeP

United Kingdom 

Oh ok..thanks for correcting me on that one. I wasnt 100% sure...I think my eyes need checking Laughing
I'm surprised that LR didnt make that possible...oh well...when I get the Rangey I'll make sure that I wait for it to lower before getting out Laughing

Post #71461 Mon Dec 18 2006 10:19pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:

I do the same! Usually while waiting for our gate to open or while crawling around searching for a parking space. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #71463 Mon Dec 18 2006 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>