RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Morals and principles, have you?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Would the seller please step forward........ Laughing Wink

Post #406606 Wed Dec 18 2013 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

^^^^^^^^^ There`s always one Whistle 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #406607 Wed Dec 18 2013 2:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

So it was you Peachy..... Rolling with laughter

Post #406610 Wed Dec 18 2013 3:00pm
Paul Holywood

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Some good come out of this. Very Happy
Ive since had two meetings with a jewler who is selling his 3.6, a genuine guy, he has assured me its mine and i pick it up Friday night.

it was a toss up between two, at 2.7 and this 3.6 RRS, ive never been in a 3.6 let alone seen one nail it, and Censored me, there fast...!!!!

thanks for all your mixed oppinions, Im old school and for me trust is everything, even if no deposit was given.

Post #406614 Wed Dec 18 2013 3:30pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Light at the end of the tunnel for you then Paul. Thumbs Up I'm a man of my word too, its a real shame we arn't all like that. Good luck with your new sport and i'm sure you will enjoy it. Wise choice. Wink

Post #406615 Wed Dec 18 2013 3:40pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Good news - hope you stick around and it all goes to plan this time Thumbs Up

You might want to think about a good warranty - especially with a TDV8 but hopefully you wont need it Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #406622 Wed Dec 18 2013 4:31pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

PH, make sure you buy one of these.... http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic23416.html

Post #406623 Wed Dec 18 2013 4:34pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

^^^ agreed. Good investment. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #406630 Wed Dec 18 2013 5:45pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Congratulations.

Yet further proof that TDV8s are the choice of true gentlemen. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #406631 Wed Dec 18 2013 5:50pm
SRE

Spain 

Get some photos in your gallery Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Oh yes, and start saving up for a new turbo or two Whistle Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #406636 Wed Dec 18 2013 6:22pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I'm with the other chaps above who said that without a deposit there is no firm deal.

Even with a deposit, he would have had the option to refund it and accept more money. I might frown on someone who does that, but not much can be done. At the end of the day, it is his car to do as he pleases with until you have paid for it and drove away in it.

If I were selling something and someone was talking a good job but hadn't put the money on the table, or even a good non-returnable deposit, I would not consider him serious and the car would still be for sale.

I learned years ago that speed is of the essence when buying anything at right money.

When I got the call that [what is now] my car was available to view, it was about 10am, I dropped what I was doing drove right over and it was on my drive paid for by 2pm. To do otherwise would have risked me losing it. And understandably so.

Gentlemens agreements are all very well if backed up by a non-returnable grand in twenties as a deposit. Without some money, its just some folks talking.

I have a related tale about a car I was going to buy the day before I bought the one I did if anyone is interested? Might be interesting to see how others view that one.

Post #406638 Wed Dec 18 2013 6:32pm
Paul Holywood

Stuart

Please tell. Wink

Post #406642 Wed Dec 18 2013 7:00pm
Paul Holywood

Some good positive replies thanks.
I think what i am about to buy is awsome, being black with 22" rims it looks nice.

i will be after new 22" Overfinch supersports,but it may be a while as ive just seen the price Big Cry

can i ask, what the cradle is inside the lid of the fridge? ive seen the same on most of them and cant work it out?

Post #406643 Wed Dec 18 2013 7:06pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

The cradle is for a very old mobile phone that you might only see on antiques roadshow these days.

Post #406655 Wed Dec 18 2013 9:04pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Paul Holywood wrote:
Stuart

Please tell. Wink

OK, I did a provisional deal with my neighbour, who is a trader, on a car he had. I really wanted black with black leather, and this one was green with cream leather, but a very nice car, and he chooses cars well and knows his eggs, so I thought I would compromise on colour.

Instead of asking him to hold it as such, I said I would have my £ ready within a week or two, and if he still had it I would have it.

Then he started driving all over the world in it. I offered him £2k deposit to park it up on his drive till I was ready - I didn't want 2k extra miles on it. He declined and said he enjoyed driving it.

So a week or two later, I was ready. I collared him walking his dog early evening and said pop round with the docs and keys and I would cross his palm with some cash and do the deal. Naturally, I was itching to get my new motor.

He starts humming and hawing saying he had had a long day, was tired and maybe we will do it tomorrow. Confused

I dunno about you chaps, but someone is offering me five figures, I am there faster than you can turn on the light. How long does it take to give a bloke a log book and count some money? (I even have a machine for the latter.)

The following morning I collared him again and said "lets get on with it". He said he wanted to use it today as he had some errands to do, wanted to get it mini valeted for me and lets fix 4pm as a time to do the deal. I just wanted to smoke off to work in it. As you do. But I reluctantly agreed 4pm anyway. Had he have delayed then, I would have said keep it. I was getting a bit miffed by now.

To rewind a tad, a few weeks prior, a chap I know who sells vans heard word of a nice black RRS coming in via a friend of a friend. "My mate said it is a proper thing" was the only cagey description I had of a car that may never materialise. Back then I expressed interest at having first look if and when it ever arrived. That was all a bit wishy washy and nothing to hang your hat on.

Then what happened.......

Half an hour after I had agreed to do the deal at 4pm, the other guy calls me up and says "Remember that RRS we talked about? Its here and exactly the one you wanted - and mint. Its in the trader and the phone is melting, but I promised you first shout, so get over here if you want first call".

Well it was my preferred colour and spec, but it was also half the miles, a year newer, one owner against three, and a grand cheaper than the one I had just agreed to buy. It was a no brainer on-the-spot buy. £2k cheaper than it was in the trader at (he took no profit as he is old school with pals), and the phone was melting for it while I was there looking.

But that meant cocking on the one I had already agreed to buy. Shocked

Had my neighbour have taken the money when offered, the green one would have been on the drive and it would all be too late. As he had been faffing for two days and refused a deposit even, a more suitable one came along purely by chance. I reasoned it was his own fault for not taking the money when it was offered.

I had to make the call pulling out of the green one. I am very much a man of my word, and had he have thrown his dummy out of the pram, I would have bought it anyway and simply sold it on. As it was, he was pretty cool about it, he agreed the one I had found was a no brainer at the money, and he has since popped a dateless plate on his one and decided to use it as his own car over winter.

So in that particular case, no harm was done, but in that case, I very uncharacteristically reneged on a deal I had verbally agreed to - although no money had changed hands. Which I think is the crux of the matter, as I said with Paul's deal.

Last edited by Stuart on Wed Dec 18 2013 9:23pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #406658 Wed Dec 18 2013 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>