RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New order - help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gal Dove

New order - help!

Hi everyone! Have recently placed my order for my new RRS 2. It's due for March 2014 delivery. Here's the spec:

RRS 2 HSE SDV6
Corris Grey
Pano roof
Meridian Surround with 19 speakers
22" Style 6 alloys
Privacy glass
Ebony/Ebony/Cirrus/Cirrus

It looks like I've (inadvertently) got in before the price rise so happy about that.

Do any of you have any experience/thoughts regarding the 22" alloys? Someone mentioned that they can be a bit 'crashy' on certain surfaces (?). I'm getting out of a 911 for this RRS though - so I think it'll be pretty smooth compared to that!

I'm also still deliberating about the leather combo. I've gone for black seats with cirrus trim but I'm still wondering about having the seats in cirrus also...? It's going to have the Pano roof so the interior should be pretty light anyway...

Other than the above I'm just wondering how people are getting on with their new RRS 2's? Any issues, mechanical or otherwise? I've had one on demo for a few days and it was great. I've also had a SDV Dynamic on demo and wondered whether it might be worth going up to that model. But it can't be worth the additional £5k - can it...?

Thanks in advance!

Post #405135 Fri Dec 06 2013 7:49pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My personal opinion is that the Dynamic option is an essential. Without it the vehicle is neither the on-road dynamic vehicle that it can be nor the capable off-roader that it can be. It's just like a Q7 in effect. I would pay the extra for the Dynamic rather than the fancy stereo and big wheels but that's just me.

I also think that the basic HSE will depreciate more than the Dynamic because I reckon that the second hand market will value the additional stuff quite highly. Not that resale should drive your purchase decisions as it's your car but it is something that lots of people take in to account.

You could have the HSE and add the dynamic pack for £3370. That would give you decent compromise... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #405144 Fri Dec 06 2013 9:03pm
Gal Dove

"It's just like a Q7 in effect."

Thanks for your valued opinion......but I'm really not too sure about that. Thumbs Up

Post #405157 Fri Dec 06 2013 10:14pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

A test drive for a couple of days?

I'm struggling to get one for two hours, I've been trying my dealer since September! 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #405166 Fri Dec 06 2013 10:52pm
Gal Dove

I know, my situation was exactly the same. You're considering spending £60k+ on a car & the best they can offer you is a quick spin with a spotty salesman riding shotgun! Not good enough.

The secret? Spec your RRS and place your deposit. Everything changes from that point onwards. It's not right but it's the only way that I was going to even consider spending that sort of cash on a car - that I'd potentially never really driven!!

And when you've really had a proper drive you can either decide to continue with your order........or not. Whistle

Post #405167 Fri Dec 06 2013 10:59pm
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It's your choice, plenty people will be happy with the HSE and others will demand the Dynamic capability, there is quite a difference between the two but it is all down to personal choice. Have a test drive and make your own mind up. I have had a Q7 and an MY 2012 RRS before the 2014 model RRS 2 It is not just down to the driving dynamics it is all about the ownership experience, it is about how you feel when ŷou are siting in the driving seat and also how you feel when you are washing it, it is all about the LOVE Cool your choice Thumbs Up MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #405170 Sat Dec 07 2013 12:18am
RRSTDV8

Quote:
how you feel when you are washing it, it is all about the LOVE Cool
Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

If you're just in to washing it and looking good on the commute then the HSE will be fine. If you want the complete RRS then go for Dynamic. Simple. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #405172 Sat Dec 07 2013 12:39am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Gal - No......no!, no!, no!, no!, no!, no!, no!

Yes the Dynamic! Yes the hi/ low box!

You're names Rowentree, like the sweet!

Jim Thumbs Up

Post #405175 Sat Dec 07 2013 5:11am
jim4244

PS - How's Deedee!

Post #405176 Sat Dec 07 2013 5:12am
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I'm about to place an order. I'm going for the HSE with the off-road pack which gives you the high/low range and the terrain response 2. It's £410 which I think is a good compromise rather than paying over £3,000 to get the dynamic response, which I have in my existing car and which tbh I can't tell the difference when it is on or off!!

By going down this route it allows me to get other things which I think will give me much more enjoyment like the panoramic roof and the upgraded sound system, whilst still also giving me the high/low range (which I think I have only ever used once in my current car). 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #405194 Sat Dec 07 2013 9:43am
jim4244

I have found that once I put my car into Dynamic mode it becomes a sports car that corners as if it is on rails!

Horses for course really, if you just enjoy cruising up and down the M way, dual carriageway and A roads then you probably wouldn't notice the Dynamic setting. If you live in the sticks with winding roads then the Dynamic is a must as far as I'm concerned.

Jim

Post #405198 Sat Dec 07 2013 9:57am
RRSTDV8

Dynamic in the new model gives things like torque vectoring which will definitely be an improvement over the old "dynamic" setting on TR. It also gives you a locking rear diff, I think. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #405205 Sat Dec 07 2013 11:16am
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

jim4244 wrote:
I have found that once I put my car into Dynamic mode it becomes a sports car that corners as if it is on rails!

Horses for course really, if you just enjoy cruising up and down the M way, dual carriageway and A roads then you probably wouldn't notice the Dynamic setting. If you live in the sticks with winding roads then the Dynamic is a must as far as I'm concerned.

Jim

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #405208 Sat Dec 07 2013 12:14pm
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Thanks all, well took the plunge and went for the HSE Dynamic in the end! Reckoned I would probably regret not going for it in the future so thought what the hell! 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #405244 Sat Dec 07 2013 6:04pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Gal Dove, I've had my order in for months, delivery in march. Should be going out in one on Thursday to finalize spec. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #405252 Sat Dec 07 2013 8:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1