RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Arrived
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SteveK

United Kingdom 
Arrived

Collected a new Corris Grey HSE this afternoon, Ebony seats and headliner, Ivory trim. Pretty much standard spec except 5+2 seating and Privacy Glass. Not my choices as this was a cancelled order I snapped up 3 weeks ago whilst I wait for the ABG I've got on order to turn up late April (best guess).

I got lucky with a fortunate email exchange with my very helpful dealership (Stratsone in Milton Keynes). Said yes pretty quickly when asked if I wanted to place a deposit there and then for end November delivery!

Not driven far in it yet and most of that was working out which button does what, but I took it out on the dual carriageway and in manual/Sport mode it's pretty smooth accelerating up to way past where you're supposed to stop the gas.

Only thing I would say is not sure how practical the +2 seats are for all but small children. I won't need them but not sure I fancy trying to fit my 11 year old in there if I did. Plus you have to give up the spare tyre. Otherwise all good so far.

Post #404269 Sat Nov 30 2013 12:20am
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Any pics of the exterior and interior - that combination, Corris Grey and Ebony is what I am thinking about. I noticed from the brochure that the armrest in the middle is lunar - is that right? I'm concerned it would look a bit out of place. 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #404315 Sat Nov 30 2013 9:40am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Great, hope you continue to enjoy it. I'll look forward to reading your further thoughts and impressions. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #404319 Sat Nov 30 2013 10:22am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Funny how things work out with dealerships? I used Stratstones MK when I bought my previous MY12 RRS and found them to be excellent.

Over the last 12 months however I found them absolutely rubbish to deal with, so when I came to replacing my RRS1 with an RRS2 I used Guy Salmon LR, Northampton.

Out of interest, what was the salemans name who you dealt with?

Jim

Post #404329 Sat Nov 30 2013 12:15pm
SteveK

United Kingdom 

Salesman was Jonathan, I thought he was pretty good anyway and of course offering me the chance to nip in and get this one ahead of the ABG in April makes him a star at the moment!

The full spec is :
3.0 SDV6 HSE
Corris Grey
Ebony/Ivory interior with Ebony seats
Ebony headlining
20” Style 12 Alloys
Powered 3rd row seating with load through
Privacy Glass
Santorini Black Roof
Micro Mesh Aluminium trim

These pictures aren't that great, as the sun is bright today, so I'll try and take a few more later. But you can see the centre armrest is Ivory on this combination. I think it looks OK, though the dark roof and privacy glass combination makes it feel a bit smaller inside in my view.

One more trip out this morning. Hardest thing is getting used to the parking sensors and when to trust them, think I'll prefer having the all round cameras on the AGB.

Post #404333 Sat Nov 30 2013 1:53pm
jim4244

So have they offered you a buy back price when you come to change?

Post #404349 Sat Nov 30 2013 4:54pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Enjoy!

Post #404389 Sat Nov 30 2013 10:00pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I can imagine the combination of black headlining, privacy glass and no pano roof will make it a bit gloomy in the back. The ABG comes the the pano roof as standard, how do you feel about the other two options? I'm going for the black headliner but no privacy glass. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #404393 Sun Dec 01 2013 7:27am
SteveK

United Kingdom 

jim4244 wrote:
So have they offered you a buy back price when you come to change?

No, but to be fair I didn't ask. It's six months away so who knows, but I'll see what PX they offer and then look at selling privately as well. I'll lose some I know, but given the build delay on new orders I suspect second hand new Sports won't be that common next May so resale should be OK one way or another.

And Mark, I do think the back seat is a bit dark with no pano roof, privacy glass and ebony headliner. ABG has the pano roof anyway and I like the way the privacy glass looks from outside with the black roof etc, so thinking about moving to an Ivory headliner. Not seen an Ivory headliner yet, so hoping someone will post pictures of one at some stage.

Post #404423 Sun Dec 01 2013 2:21pm
SteveK

United Kingdom 

Some better pictures of the HSE now the sun isn't so bright

Post #404428 Sun Dec 01 2013 2:33pm
jim4244

The only reason I asked Steve is because I was lucky enough to be offered a HSE Dynamic with pano roof in a good colour which I also snapped up.

It has a couple of things on it that I wouldn't have bothered with and is lacking a few options that I would have liked. The saleswoman, who has been looking after me very well, seems to think that there will not be much depreciation if I go of a MY 15?

Your car looks stunning, and as you have probably already found out handles 10 times better than the RRS1 which I thought was a fantastic vehicle.

Jim

Post #404432 Sun Dec 01 2013 3:19pm
Luminated

United Kingdom 

I too have stuck with the 20" wheels, though I was apprehensive with this decision having only seen either the 21" or 22" on demos these photos of yours has wiped away those concerns. Thanks and she's a beautie.

Post #407941 Fri Jan 03 2014 2:47pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Sweet car... sweet colour scheme ... congratulations 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #408049 Sat Jan 04 2014 10:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1