RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Range Rover Sport RS (2014) flagship V8 SUV scooped
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Yes, top Meridian is £4k option.

I wondered whether the pano roof will not be the due to its weight. 

Post #419386 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:39am
Tboner

England 

i see you have a 2014 5.0 S/C Autobiography on order have you been given a delivery date yet ? just wondered as there seems to be no 5.0 SC slots available until October/November this year with an engine shortage i have read. 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419389 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:43am
philmw

Ordered last year. Got build slot of March but have relinquished that as ordered InControl. Have been promised a date. I've also said I will buy an RS which may confuse things. 

Post #419390 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:47am
Tboner

England 

i would have a GT Smile 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419392 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:53am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

I think this looks great, especially with the new body panels. No clues on interior yet though

Post #419472 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:06pm
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Shots of it in the Karussel at the Ring

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-ca...rburgring/

Post #419476 Thu Mar 27 2014 11:28pm
hornbaek

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Bonatti Grey

I have done 7000 miles in my 5.0 SC by now and i just cannot see why you need to put more power into this vehicle. It is still big and heavy so I wouldn't really want to go any faster than the max 150 mph anyway. Dynamics of the SC are excellent but if you have more power you need a harder suspension which will compromise ride quality and make offroading impossible . The wheels cannot go bigger than 22" which is already too big as it starts compromising the ride quality and produces too much noise. Sound is great already, anything louder will just be over the top. Just because JLR have a more powerful SC engine that should not mean that they should necessarily use it.

Post #419671 Sat Mar 29 2014 10:13pm
philmw

Yeah, but it has to be better 'cause it's got a bigger engine 'n' brakes 'n' stuff. 

Post #419694 Sun Mar 30 2014 1:00am
Tboner

England 

bigger engine ! no just some more grunt and a better Torque number and curve 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419712 Sun Mar 30 2014 11:13am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

hornbaek wrote:
I have done 7000 miles in my 5.0 SC by now and i just cannot see why you need to put more power into this vehicle.

It's about the marketing battle with Porsche etc.

Quote:
which will compromise ride quality and make offroading impossible .

Almost no RRS go off road anyway and no one is going to buy the faster version and take it off road. LR know that.

Quote:
The wheels cannot go bigger than 22" which is already too big as it starts compromising the ride quality and produces too much noise. Sound is great already, anything louder will just be over the top. Just because JLR have a more powerful SC engine that should not mean that they should necessarily use it.

In the UK market maybe, but in the Middle East? I reckon the Saudis et al. will lap it up. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #419718 Sun Mar 30 2014 11:36am
Tboner

England 

22" V 21" have no change on ride quality that i can find or my pals car , we have a car on 21" and on 22" at home no diff at all.

As above just how many sports will ever see more than a bit of snow or some mud on the lanes ! 10% 15% at most ? then you think oh why not by the Porsche , well it's not got the Range Rover in it's name ( pure snob factor IMO LOL ) Porsche are about to do the Pikes peak in there car to take the time off JLR then the RRS GT will take it back shortly after.

You also have the new suspension ideas that has been derived from the development on the run out of the XKR-GT-R-S thing and the F-Type coupe type R, both have which have moved the game on.

So the Porsche GTS and Turbo destroy the RRS on the road in terms of straight line get up and go, JLR ok lets take it further on and get our own back after all it's a SPORT and is supposed to be SPORT based otherwise buy the FFRR which is a class act with no competitive other car in it's target market place ( i have to agree with that )

RRS in british GT or another race class , now that would be funny Rolling with laughter 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419721 Sun Mar 30 2014 12:09pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
As above just how many sports will ever see more than a bit of snow or some mud on the lanes ! 10% 15% at most ?

In the UK I'd say you're a factor of 10 out. I'd be amazed if 1% of RRS ever go off road in the UK. I doubt the D3/D4 or previous-FFRR are much better either, to be honest.

Actually, I'd be interested to know what percentage of Defenders sold in the last few years are taken off road. I'd be willing to bet a good sized pub round that most are bought as "lifestyle" vehicles and live their lives on the commute / in car parks.

I guess it's no different to the number of Porsche 911 that are bought and then driven on the commute and never get pushed at all. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #419739 Sun Mar 30 2014 3:17pm
Tboner

England 

i tend to agree, was just giving an example TBH ,

911's boy i can sure agree on that one , having been in 911's for over 15 years now both race and road car use. 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419740 Sun Mar 30 2014 3:34pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Ordered last year. Got build slot of March but have relinquished that as ordered InControl. Have been promised a date. I've also said I will buy an RS which may confuse things.

Exactly the same for me; had a March build slot for an AB SC, decided to wait for InControl, no new date. Interesting to hear about a shortage of engines... The RS is more than I need.

As for Porsche, went for a demo day in a 991 turbo S, great on the track but felt identical to my current car on the way back to the hotel. For both Porsche and LR, the performance/usage envelope is being pushed so far outside normal use, begins to be a bit pointless. And that was before the Porsche salesman gave me a p/ex quote... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #419750 Sun Mar 30 2014 5:10pm
Tboner

England 

The RRS GT could well give a fair few people a shock off the lights and on the a-b run though Wink 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #419762 Sun Mar 30 2014 7:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>