Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Just picked up my RRS... already have problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tuscan

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Just picked up my RRS... already have problems

Hi all,

After waiting for a week to collect my RRS after the first day I already have problems Sad

The first and major one is at certain revs it kind of judders like a slight misfire and the revs fluctuate and if I put my foot down it leaves quite a bit of black smoke. I'm hoping this is the egr's and nothing more serious?

The second one is the middle light when the door opens will stay on after I lock the car so I have to manually turn it off??? Also is there anyway of stopping it from sounding the horn everytime I lock it?

It's a 2005 2.7 HSE for reference.

Overall my spirits are quite dampened considering I've waited so long to buy an RRS Sad Hopefully ownership will improve.

Thanks for reading,
Sam

Post #403972 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:03pm
ShooterNeil

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Horn sounding means you have a door boot or bonnet still open
Push down on each side of you bonnet that's what it normlay is on mine
The smoke cud be inter cooler pipe split left hand side curling down to the bottom of the cooler Thumbs Up it was on mine

Post #403973 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:15pm
PEACHY

England 

Welcome to the forum - sorry to hear your already fed up - 1 day at a time -1 problem at a time. The light may be staying on because - ( the horn sounds ) when a door / bonnet / tailgate / boot is left open or because of a dodgy tailgate switch try slamming all the doors - mine does the same every now & then on the tailgate Sad Don't know much about the Diesel engines ( Petrol owner ). Head up son Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #403974 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tuscan

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replys! I've just gone out to the car and the window part of the boot was a jar even though I hadn't touched it? So that's the horn sounding problem sorted, thanks Smile

I'm hoping it's something as simple as that Sad I'm going to take it to the garage tomorrow and see what they say. I've already ordered an egr blanking kit. I'm praying it's not the turbo or gearbox!

Is the juddering/shaking also a symptom of the egr's as well as the smoke under load?

I'm fine with the odd tinkering being a TVR owner but this is a bit much after my first day lol!

Post #403978 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:34pm
PEACHY

England 

Very Happy did the interior light go out ? 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #403981 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Agree that it sounds like a split intercooler pipe. Happened on mine with EXACTLY the same symptoms.

Good news in all your doom and gloom is that it was £60 replaced parts and labour at an independent...

Sure that's your issue

Enjoy... 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE in Artic Frost. 20" 2010 HST Alloys, sidesteps, Hawke tips, plus minor bits and bobs along with a remap. Four spike spiders ready for the Alps again now tucked up in their garage boxes...

Post #403982 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:40pm
Tuscan

PEACHY wrote:
Very Happy did the interior light go out ?

Yes it did, thanks Very Happy

Post #403985 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:44pm
PEACHY

England 

Thumbs Up bet you feel happier already Thumbs Up don't forget to post some pics. Wink 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #403987 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:46pm
Tuscan

oxford-boy wrote:
Agree that it sounds like a split intercooler pipe. Happened on mine with EXACTLY the same symptoms.

Good news in all your doom and gloom is that it was £60 replaced parts and labour at an independent...

Sure that's your issue

Enjoy...

Thank you very much, reading this thread has brightened my day no end! I'll report back tomorrow... Hopefully with JUST a replaced intercooler pipe!

I'm hoping it's not the turbo or anything more severe as it's still running fine and returning 33mpg on the motorway.

Post #403988 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:46pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

oxford-boy wrote:

Sure that's your issue

Enjoy...

even cheaper if you do it yourself, as the part is only £25, and takes two minutes to swap over 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #404088 Thu Nov 28 2013 3:56pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Did you buy from a dealer - if you did they should fix the hose Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #404090 Thu Nov 28 2013 4:19pm
Tuscan

I'll have a search on the forum when I get home to see if there's a guide/photos to go from as I don't mind getting my hands dirty!

Yes it is from a dealer so if it's more severe I'll have to take it back for them to repair but to be honest if it is just the hose I'm more than happy to rectify if myself rather than driving it back to the dealer and being without a car.

Thanks again for the response guys Smile

Post #404098 Thu Nov 28 2013 5:37pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I would let them do it and take responsibility - you don't want to risk warranty issues later Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #404099 Thu Nov 28 2013 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1