RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > FBH Remote operation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
FBH Remote operation

What is needed to operate my FBH on my 10MY RRS 3.0 Deisel,By remote control. And where can i get the parts itisme

Post #403333 Sat Nov 23 2013 9:47am
rigsby

England 

Hi Harry, if you already have it on your screen then you need the remote fob (ebay £20) an aerial and a receiver, both available via Nick in the parts dept at Yeovil Land Rover on 01935 476660. Mention the forum and get 20% off. Thumbs Up

You may also need to activate the remote option on the screen if its not already done

Mine will be here Monday MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #403336 Sat Nov 23 2013 10:45am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Other alternatives are available Whistle

Disco mikey http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33488.html?highlight=remote

or BAS http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic23547....bas+heater Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Last edited by muddywheels on Mon Nov 25 2013 9:13pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #403337 Sat Nov 23 2013 10:57am
harrygh60

FBH Remote

rigsby wrote:
Hi Harry, if you already have it on your screen then you need the remote fob (ebay £20) an aerial and a receiver, both available via Nick in the parts dept at Yeovil Land Rover on 01935 476660. Mention the forum and get 20% off. Thumbs Up

You may also need to activate the remote option on the screen if its not already done

Mine will be here Monday
i Hi Rigsby, am booked in for Tuesday, to have on screen activated. It's an Indy, He quoted more than twice what you said you were paying. But when i said what you were paying,he said he will match it. I also ask him for a quote to finnish the job by making it remote operated. Waiting for him to get back to me. Harry itisme

Post #403349 Sat Nov 23 2013 1:55pm
Kenzi

Australia 

Winter is well and truly here so I want to learn about this.. Is it an optional extra?

I had never heard of it before.

Post #403375 Sat Nov 23 2013 5:36pm
rigsby

England 

Decided to have a go myself as it looks an easy diy job once the software is done. It will be interesting to see how much you are quoted MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #403378 Sat Nov 23 2013 6:30pm
rigsby

England 

Kenzi wrote:
Winter is well and truly here so I want to learn about this.. Is it an optional extra?

I had never heard of it before.

Hi Kenzi, Have a search for "fuel burning heater" and "timed climate" all the information is there and as long as you have a diesel car there are options depending on the year of your sport MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #403379 Sat Nov 23 2013 6:33pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Tis the time of year...every year Whistle Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #403389 Sat Nov 23 2013 8:30pm
harrygh60

Fitting Remote Hardware

rigsby wrote:
Decided to have a go myself as it looks an easy diy job once the software is done. It will be interesting to see how much you are quoted
Hi rigsby, Saw a post with pic's the other day, yes it looks a piece of cake.Reciever fits behind O/S panel in boot, Already a plug there to put into Reciever. Route aerial cable up into roof behind quarter panel,and attatch to roof with pads. Pair the pliper and away you go Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked Will let you know my quote. How much were your parts, Pliper on the bay £20. May Do it myself. But dont know if the plug has been used for my 6 Disc DVD player.Fitted in same place. Harry itisme

Post #403429 Sun Nov 24 2013 9:17am
harrygh60

rigsby wrote:
Decided to have a go myself as it looks an easy diy job once the software is done. It will be interesting to see how much you are quoted
Hi Rigsby, Had my on screen FBH activated yesterday £50 ( Indy). They got a quote for Remote kit from Landrovers, who said they would only supply in a Kit form £411. My Indy said they could get the bits as single bits from another supplier. for a couple of pounds dearer than your man in Somerset. But they said it could not garrantee the Ebay Pliper (£20) would be compatable with the Landrover Bits( Reciever and Antena). Does yours work?As for the timer, mine did not work this morning as it came up low battery please start car. Also The Manual Heat and Manual Vent operation on touch screen can be seen in back ground but do not do anything. Suppose i willl have to go back to have it fixed.
Harry itisme

Post #403846 Wed Nov 27 2013 10:02am
mse

United Kingdom 

You might need me to answer that one...

The remote heat/vent will not show by default, that isn't a fault - they only show when the engine is off and/or the car isn't moving. Try that.

As for the remote - it will need to be tuned to the car, no one would guarantee it in case it was broken, but if it works and they are half competent it will.

Low battery warning is something you will need to look into, could be the use prior to the car resting or it could be the sign of something more of an issue. It will not start unless certain conditions are met and will shut down after a period

£417 is funny and excessive...

This tends to be why you need to see someone that knows what they are doing Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #403914 Wed Nov 27 2013 5:23pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Have you considered being a consultant for LR Mike Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #403919 Wed Nov 27 2013 5:30pm
harrygh60

mse wrote:
You might need me to answer that one...

The remote heat/vent will not show by default, that isn't a fault - they only show when the engine is off and/or the car isn't moving. Try that.

As for the remote - it will need to be tuned to the car, no one would guarantee it in case it was broken, but if it works and they are half competent it will.

Low battery warning is something you will need to look into, could be the use prior to the car resting or it could be the sign of something more of an issue. It will not start unless certain conditions are met and will shut down after a period

£417 is funny and excessive...

This tends to be why you need to see someone that knows what they are doing
Hi Mike, First off i have now found that what you suggested, is correct about the heat and vent operation. I found that before i read your suggestion Bow down The quote was £411 not £417 but non the less it was still Funny and Excessive( But that is Landrover for you.I have every confidence in the Lad that performed my Activation of FBH.While i waited for it to be done, i saw all the certificates for various training courses he had been on for Landrovers Thanks for your other info. Regards Harry itisme

Post #403926 Wed Nov 27 2013 5:55pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Have you considered being a consultant for LR Mike
occasionally!..but they wouldn't want me if I offered.

The dealer (like those that say you cant activate it) might either be quoting the kit price (because they cant find the part's individually) or just being difficult. Im sure nothing has changed in the network.

I once wanted the genuine winch bumper, not the winch, just the bumper for a load of reasons (one being insurance doesn't go up with a genuine accessory), anyway they would only quote the kit price, unable to find the bumper, until I sorted that for them and the bumper was ordered!

Find a better dealer and pay £100-150 (memory price I think one part is £90 and the other £40). Or find a none franchised dealer etc. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #403930 Wed Nov 27 2013 6:04pm
ikeysolomon

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Adriatic Blue

harrygh60 wrote:
rigsby wrote:
Hi Rigsby, Had my on screen FBH activated yesterday £50 ( Indy). They got a quote for Remote kit from Landrovers, who said they would only supply in a Kit form £411. My Indy said they could get the bits as single bits from another supplier. for a couple of pounds dearer than your man in Somerset. But they said it could not garrantee the Ebay Pliper (£20) would be compatable with the Landrover Bits( Reciever and Antena). Does yours work?As for the timer, mine did not work this morning as it came up low battery please start car. Also The Manual Heat and Manual Vent operation on touch screen can be seen in back ground but do not do anything. Suppose i willl have to go back to have it fixed.
Harry

Hi,

First thanks to all the guys that have posted how to do this, parts fit etc. I did this a couple of weeks ago on a MY11 and Very Happy Very Happy very happy Very Happy Very Happy

I thought I'd share as I reckon the low battery warning is a software bug (I work in IT, so a bit geeky, but don't hide in a dark room Sad

First - using the remote no problem at all.

Second - setting a single event from screen by turning on car (not starting engine) and setting the event. On a couple of occasions this either did not start the FBH or started the FBH, but then showed the low battery error!!

Third - setting a single event with the engine running, ie getting back at night and before switching engine off, and then setting the single event. No problem following morning and no errors.

So, with a software head on it's possible that there is a small bug in second option that causes the low battery error.

Hope that puts a bit more info on the table.

Steve

Post #403941 Wed Nov 27 2013 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>