Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > I'm back!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

C10CKO

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
I'm back!!

Hello everyone, I'm back!
Some of you may remember me from a few years ago when I owned a silver 2006 TDV6 RRS, which still shows in my signature, which I eventually sold and went to a company BMW due to the high mileages I was driving.

Well, I've only gone and bought another sport! Company car goes back, after three years, this coming Saturday, when I collect my new sport from Stratstone in Aylesbury. I've bought a 2012 SDV6 Autobiography in Orkney grey. Can't wait!!

Just insurance to get sorted now. Whilst arranging a 7 day drive away insurance with LR (so the dealer can tax the vehicle) they told me that their premium for a whole year (£1100) was high because they guarantee they only use Approved LR dealers and parts in the event of any accidents. They told me that the cheaper companies (I've been quoted £400 with Tesco) don't guarantee to use LR approved parts and in some cases use second hand parts! OMG!!

Anyone else heard this before??

C10CKO MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #401691 Mon Nov 11 2013 2:06pm
rigsby

England 

Welcome back mate, great choice, you will love it Thumbs Up

Not heard of fitting second hand parts before... can they do that? MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #401692 Mon Nov 11 2013 2:09pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i use LR insurance and yes they do use OEM parts, for everything in the event of a claim, which is a good thing, but not sure if that is worth the extra £700 though

i don't think you would be able to tell the difference between OEM and aftermarket parts, as these will have a layer of paint on on top and will be the same shape, just without LR stamped somewhere on them

i think they would still have to use OEM switches and looms

Edit: I doubt they would be fitting second hand parts, i think they mean aftermarket parts, They doesn't employ the brightest of people on the phone, i should know i used to work in that department for them Laughing

Post #401694 Mon Nov 11 2013 2:14pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Try new sponsors A Plan for insurance, and welcome back Thumbs Up Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #401697 Mon Nov 11 2013 3:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

A Plan's details: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33435.html Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #401698 Mon Nov 11 2013 3:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Isn't it the case that your insurer cannot insist that you have your car repaired by a particular repair shop nor can they insist on the use of cheap parts unless it is clearly stated in the policy terms and conditions?

Some cheapskate insurers are putting these clauses in the T&Cs so caveat emptor methinks. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #401703 Mon Nov 11 2013 3:56pm
East Coast Sport

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Its true they will insist on genuine parts as they did when i needed a new windscreen. I also have it stated in the policy that if the car is written off within the 1st year they will payout the full purchase price not just the market value.

They were also about the only insurer I could find that didn't insist on a tracker being fitted when the car is valued at more than 50k. They were only about 200 quid more than cheapo internet thing.

I wouldnt trust Tesco either, they sent a renewal for my pet insurance and wanted £34 a month, up from £12, to insure my 12yr old cross breed dog! Needless to say I told them Censored right off. 2017 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2015 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus Silver.
2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Ebony Premium Oxford Leather, Privacy Glass

Post #401713 Mon Nov 11 2013 5:27pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Only ever had one claim with my Sport on an AXA fleet policy and and it was repaired with genuine parts including four new wheels, white van man got two, the curb the other two while trying to avoid van Big Cry
Welcome back, am sure your not alone in returning to a Sport after a period away Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #401732 Mon Nov 11 2013 8:43pm
C10CKO

Well I tried A-Plan but unfortunately they couldn't offer a better deal than others. Esure, who Ive used previously wouldn't touch me. Admiral and Direct Line too expensive.

So, I went for Tesco Bank. £380 fully comp, no claims protected and with breakdown cover. Well happy!
Let's hope I still will be if I ever claim. MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #402307 Fri Nov 15 2013 7:34pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Your either quite young or I'm very very old

My LR insurance cheaper than your Tesco premium Now driving a rather smart looking Van

Post #402339 Sat Nov 16 2013 12:12am
C10CKO

Cheeky!
I'm 42 end of the month. Probably the 15k miles pa killed it! MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography

Post #402340 Sat Nov 16 2013 12:16am
Slider

United Kingdom 

I took Tesco insurance as they came out with the lowest cost....you can use Landrover repair workshops the only penalty is they (Tesco Ins) will not provide a courtesy car if you choose not to use their approved repair agents..

Post #402373 Sat Nov 16 2013 10:52am
C10CKO

Thought I ought to post some pickies.

MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography

Post #404131 Thu Nov 28 2013 8:50pm
Dhups

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

very nice Thumbs Up

Post #404134 Thu Nov 28 2013 9:02pm
karan538

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Beautiful car, I just got insured recently by mayfair online for 550, i paid axa insurrance 1.1k last year, and they sent me a renewal quote of 1.3 this year.

Also is it just me or in the 2nd picture you posted of your car the left rear wheel does not look like its in the center of the arch. Confused

Post #404157 Thu Nov 28 2013 10:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>