RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Big Pimpin.... Again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Big Pimpin.... Again

Well, after what felt like the longest wait in the world I finally picked up my new sport last Friday. A couple have seen it already, but for those who haven't here she is in all her glory!

Having owned my last 2010 sport from new, and it being one of the best all round vehicles I have been lucky enough to have owned, as soon as there was talk of an all new model being released, I was watching every newspaper feed, online leaked photographs, twitter and every magazine going. What was making this sport different is that instead of being a discovery with a different shell on it, this new sport is based on the full size range rover platform and was going to be a whole new design. What that was intended to bring is a different level of refinement, and in that case, they have more than succeeded.

I put my deposit down in April, and after an 8 week delay due to lack of panoramic roofs, it was finally on a boat and delivered to Hursts last Wednesday, and I collected it on Friday - thanks @finlay harp for the lift!!!
The looks may be too much like an Evoque for some, but with the Evoque being one of the biggest selling cars since its release a few years ago, this longer, sleeker look is following through the whole Land Rover family, and when you see a new sport and and old sport side by side the older model is definitely dated looking now. Dont get me wrong - I absolutely loved my last sport, and its aggressive square looks were very 'butch' and more masculine looking - but when you see one of these new models, you appreciate just how sleek and sporty it really looks.

My model is the HSE Dynamic - in addition to all the usual features, the Dynamic offers exclusive features including a Gloss Black Grille, Fender Vent, Bonnet Vent and Mirror Caps, Red Sport Badge, and Oxford Perforated Leather seats. It also has the high and low range gearbox, dynamic torque vectoring, and the dynamic mode which alters steering and dampers (as well as makes the dash glow red!) and makes the sport really feel - well sporty!

I of course added a few of my own pimp touches - side steps, electronic deployable tow bar, 22" wheels, red Brembo 6 pots, panoramic roof, dual view digital TV, tinted windows and the upgraded 1700 watt Meridian sound system.

Verdict - I absolutely love it - it feels completely different from the old one in every way. it is so smooth and refined with the 8 speed gearbox, plenty of power on tap with as near as makes no difference 300 bhp (which should map to approx 340 in the new year) and is already much more economical than my last one.

Anyway - enough rambling from me - here's a bit of pic whoring!

Thanks for reading!
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #401488 Fri Nov 08 2013 8:42pm
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Beautiful car mate, looks stunning....have fun driving her......you can hardly fail not to! Thumbs Up

Post #401490 Fri Nov 08 2013 8:52pm
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You've summed it up perfectly, I completely agree - it feels like a real step up from my old car (2011) and the weight loss is particularly noticeable under breaking.

Car looks fab BP and well worth the wait, enjoy Thumbs Up 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #401491 Fri Nov 08 2013 9:17pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Very nice, enjoy. Thumbs Up

Post #401494 Fri Nov 08 2013 9:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

love the wheels and esp. those Brembos !!! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #401496 Fri Nov 08 2013 9:52pm
SCdavies

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Simply stunning.

Post #401499 Fri Nov 08 2013 10:06pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Wow! It's stunning! Cool Bow down I can't wait for mine to arrive now! Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #401509 Fri Nov 08 2013 11:07pm
rigsby

England 

Beautiful motor Cool congratulations MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #401510 Fri Nov 08 2013 11:11pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Looks amazing, I've had my 06 hse since new and love it, but I can not wait until March when I pick up my new Sport. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #401513 Fri Nov 08 2013 11:25pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Must admit I am starting to like the new shape. Looks good in every colour apart from the launch video one (Chile Red). The rear plastic bits that I originally hated so much are not bad at all if not too different from body colour.

Yours actually looks superb BP Cool Have fun and please don't change anything!

Post #401514 Fri Nov 08 2013 11:30pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks very much everyone - it's unreal the difference different colours and wheels can make to the overall look of them.

Fkarim - there is absolutely nothing further I will be doing to it - apart from a remap in the new year most likely.

I had been thinking of changing the pipes like Adam has, but I am actually very happy with mine at the minute! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #401519 Fri Nov 08 2013 11:48pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Looks great BP and glad you're enjoying it. Week or so to go for me

Post #401523 Sat Nov 09 2013 1:20am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

looks great enjoy Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #401526 Sat Nov 09 2013 7:02am
Renaco

Germany 

Congratulations, looks fantastic.
Enjoy this fantastic car.

I would only remove the red SPORT and the Engine Information on the tailgate, because the new RRS Rear looks fantastic in "clean" metal... Wink

I always orderd my Cars with Badges, but after Looking i removed them and liked it more.
But it seems in the UK its mostly liked to keep a lot of Information on the rear, or isnt it? I noted that German Car Brands offers configuration without engine and line information, at LR this is not possible.

Post #401531 Sat Nov 09 2013 10:10am
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Congratulations on your new sport Thumbs Up safe driving. It's a cracker. MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.
Gone MY04 Discovery V8 Petrol ES Premium. Awesome.

Post #401543 Sat Nov 09 2013 12:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>