RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > SHMOKIN'!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JASON

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
SHMOKIN'!!!!!

Coming home tonight I felt the car vibrate a bit but not through the transmission. This passed then started again but I was nearly home. Stopped at traffic and flipped the mirrors to check the back wheels, and at this point noticed the blue smoke coming from the rear passenger wheel.
I gently got home and checked the car, the smell of very hot brakes and a very hot rear wheel greeted me.
I telephoned LR Assist who were great and were there within the hour. The technician took the offending wheel apart and found the friction material on the handbrake shoe had broken up and become lodged between the shoe and the handbrake drum! Needless to say I'm booked in to my dealer in the morning. Rolling Eyes
LR assist were brilliant. Just one of the joys! Wink Rimini Red HSE (D).Gone but not forgotten!
Subaru Impreza Turbo (UK) 1998- had her since new,could not part with her. Used for weekend blasts! Pehaps the Best 4by4byFar!
Owner of Ertyl Model RRS No.203!
AudiRS4Avant-WOW

Post #47573 Wed Aug 02 2006 10:23pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

There's an upgrade they do to the handbrake to stop it squealing, might be worth you asking if this is applicable.

See this thread for another tip on that too.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic2962.html L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #47717 Fri Aug 04 2006 9:57am
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

So a couple of threads ago I read thet the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) was a propshaft grabbing Censored and now it's got shoes and sh!t inside a back wheel!

Come on guys, which one is it? Or is it both possibly? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #47802 Sat Aug 05 2006 5:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JASON

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Peter,it's got shoes and sh*t in the back wheel. Laughing Rimini Red HSE (D).Gone but not forgotten!
Subaru Impreza Turbo (UK) 1998- had her since new,could not part with her. Used for weekend blasts! Pehaps the Best 4by4byFar!
Owner of Ertyl Model RRS No.203!
AudiRS4Avant-WOW

Post #48199 Tue Aug 08 2006 7:48pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Yes, it had to be, otherwise you'd not be able to use the EPB in an emergency (Has anyone done this yet?) It would trash your transmission, like it used to on old style Range Rover and Land Rovers. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #48240 Wed Aug 09 2006 7:51am
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

I tried putting the EPB on at about 20mph and it wouldn't come on (or then again maybe I only half pulled the switch up in case it put me through the windscreen) It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #48348 Wed Aug 09 2006 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1