Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SE or HSE questions leather etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JJF701

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
SE or HSE questions leather etc

Hi
I am now looking to replace my 60 plate RRS HSE with the new sport. I have had 2 sports, both HSE. Now I'm struggling to justify the HSE. I have had the figures done on a Ģ65,000 spec which is the max I want to spend.

I was planning to go with the HSE with 22 inch wheels, park heat, privacy glass and a few other options that bought it up to around Ģ65,000.

If I went for the SE I could have pretty much every spec option for under that price. Performance is pretty much the same. I think it's missing dynamic mode which I never currently use anyway. Most terrain it would have to handle is snow. The only thing that concerns me a bit is the non perforated leather. Has anyone see it? Wondered if it looked cheap? They have no SE spec cars in my dealer.

Am I missing something or does the SE look like good value? Would I notice the difference apart from a badge on the back? Is there anything the SE lacks that I've missed?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Post #399359 Mon Oct 21 2013 9:25pm
Luminated

United Kingdom 

I can't believe the Range Rover Sport is any different than any other car and based on that the more options you tick the more money you are out when you eventually trade it in/sell it on. I would guarantee if you load an SE to the gills compared to a moderately specced HSE it will be the HSE which will hold more of its value.

Post #399369 Mon Oct 21 2013 10:28pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

The SE... does look good value.... but not a loaded one......Agree with JJF... your trade in or sale value is always based on the list price..... a bit extra if itīs really really well specked...... but really all it does is increase its saleability not affecting the price youīll achieve.... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399374 Tue Oct 22 2013 12:02am
JJF701

Thing is, i will probably hang on to it for 4-5 years at which time i'll be lucky if whatever I buy is still worth 25k.

Would I prefer a SE with everything, TV's, meridian, self park and all the toys to play with or a HSE with not a lot? The HSE has always been the one to have as it had so much spec, doesn't seem that way any more. There is so little difference in performance and the SE is marginally more economical.

If I was going to buy a 4-5 year old sport, and I was presented with 2 that look identical for the same money, one being an HSE one an SE but the SE had everything. It would be a tough call. I know what my Wife and Kids would prefer! HSE, SE would make no difference to them. They would see the TV's, Meridian sound system and all the toys.

Like I said, the only thing that would put me off the SE is if the leather looks cheap. But I can't see that in a 50k car.

Seems that i'm questioning my decision because there's an H missing of the back but not much else.

I hadn't even considered the SE until I read an Autocar test from a couple of weeks ago (think it was Autocar) that stated how great the new Sport is, but they were testing the SE and said it was the one to go for. Got me thinking!

Post #399376 Tue Oct 22 2013 12:40am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you don't want the dynamic stuff and you'll never go off road, you may as well get the SE and add the toys you want. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #399378 Tue Oct 22 2013 1:06am
JJF701

What are the off road differences? Can't seem to find anything on the Land Rover site.

Post #399380 Tue Oct 22 2013 1:23am
andman

You canīt specify the dynamic pack.... which is a costly option anyway......
A set of 22īs and the lower trim sprayed and itīll be hard to distinguish from an AB anyway......and you can buy the badge and bits all on ebay anyway...... Laughing
You only get a choice of three colour interiors.... Ebony almond or cirrus...... nice colours anyway.....
Full choice bodywork of paint
If youīre not bothered by the extra power.... ( and youīll be able to get it remapped soon anyway) and just the seats... you may have already answered your own question....
As I said on a different post the se looks a bargain when you can nearly get two for the price of a well specīd SDV8 Hybrid or s/c
I for my foolish ways will still want to throw my money away in LRīs direction........... Big Cry 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #399382 Tue Oct 22 2013 2:46am
andman

and iīm sure youīre right about the leather as well... itīs still got to be ok on a 50k car......
There was similar post on the FF site with a guy who bough a Vogue FF( not SE) that has slightly different seats seats
Once your in it... and own it... it becomes what your used to ...............and like on my over specīd my12... i wouldnīt notice if 80% of the extras werenīt there...

The only thing I wonīt have on my new order is the rear entertainment..... much better to buy two IPADS and headrest holders.... the kids can then have and take around everywhere.... now a new IPAD..... that would make my kids very happy. Very Happy .. !! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #399383 Tue Oct 22 2013 2:55am
Luminated

United Kingdom 

Only last week was I debating the same thing when ordering mine but as I wanted the memory seats and preferred the premium paint along with a few of the other goodies present on the HSE I decided to spec an SE with everything the HSE came with as part of its package and the difference reduced to only Ģ2700. IMO a small price to pay for a better leather, more advanced AWD system and more powerful engine.

Post #399393 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:09am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think options bundles hold their value better than a list of individually specified ones because the model name puts it in a different valuation where individual options are largely ignored when it comes to second hand prices.

For example, Evoques with the LUX pack fare better than those without and a few of the must have options ticked because the LUX designation is in the model name.

As always, it pays to go easy on the options... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #399411 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:09am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

andman wrote:

A set of 22īs and the lower trim sprayed and itīll be hard to distinguish from an AB anyway......and you can buy the badge and bits all on ebay anyway......

The automotive equivalent of sticking rolled up socks in your undies... Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #399442 Tue Oct 22 2013 3:24pm
andman

Yup...... when only the thickest knee height wooly socks will do !! Laughing 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #399446 Tue Oct 22 2013 3:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1