RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear tailgate upgrade.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

£18k for a 2.7 SE with 100k miles on it? Putting new style panels on it doesn't alter the fact that it's a relatively old, relatively low spec RRS.

It looks like he's even left the SDV6 badge on the tail. Ridiculous.

At least he's had the belts done (along with ARB bushes etc.). 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #401617 Sun Nov 10 2013 11:10am
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

So, the 2nd upgrade (1st was the side-steps) nearly 100% completed. Just need to take away the lower tailgate lettering and stick the new lettering into place.

As with after-market products, the trim was a little tricky to fit into place. The first attempt left me with a slightly skewed result, so with a little pushing and sanding down, I managed to get it to fit quite nicely.

OK, I know I don't have the upgraded rear led's nor the rear spoiler in place, but this is a work in very slow progress.

All in all a nice smart upgrade that I'm very happy with Thumbs Up Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #401843 Tue Nov 12 2013 6:02pm
tanloverluke

slightly bigger pic when you click on it Thumbs Up :

Click image to enlarge
 Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #401845 Tue Nov 12 2013 6:24pm
PEACHY

England 

Very nice - more pics please - tailgate open & the underside Smile & a side view ( does it line up ok ? ).
Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #401847 Tue Nov 12 2013 6:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanloverluke

I'll get on to it in the morning Peachy !

At first try it was positioned a little too far to the right, so I got out the drill bit and widened the holes so it could be pushed further to the left. This worked out fine but wasn't therefore "plug and play" exactly !

Too much money at £345 though, considering the poor initial fit and that an entire autobiography bumper costs just £50 more. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #401850 Tue Nov 12 2013 6:37pm
tanloverluke

PEACHY wrote:
Very nice - more pics please - tailgate open & the underside Smile & a side view ( does it line up ok ? ).
Thumbs Up

i've found out why I was having problems with the install. Apparently the trim is for 2010+ RRS upper tailgates. Peachy, I'm wondering if there is any difference between a 2009 and 2010 upper tailgate, in particular just where the trim is placed? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #401907 Wed Nov 13 2013 12:18pm
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

Thanks for taking the time to show pics etc... I am still not happy to pay the money for the upgrade at the moment, I might see if I can source an upper tailgate section first Wink MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #401909 Wed Nov 13 2013 1:19pm
jonny gogo

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Bali Blue

tanloverluke think spoiler looks good you will never get 100% perfect fit with aftermarket parts i do agree that the price is very high but nothing else on market at the moment !! Have you thought about De badge HSE to Autobiography and also changing the green Landrover badge for black ones very little cost but make a massive difference.

Up date on my little project of buying original 2012 Rear tailgate from Landrover turned out to be a no go !!! part and size is designed for 2012 and my thoughts on making a retro fit bracket are also a no go so it look's like we all have to pay the high price till one of our little chines friends comes up with cheap upgrade !!

Post #402360 Sat Nov 16 2013 8:58am
semtex1871

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

tanloverluke wrote:
slightly bigger pic when you click on it Thumbs Up :

Click image to enlarge

am liking this....might be a future mod to consider.....

Post #402390 Sat Nov 16 2013 2:33pm
tanloverluke

jonny gogo wrote:
tanloverluke think spoiler looks good you will never get 100% perfect fit with aftermarket parts i do agree that the price is very high but nothing else on market at the moment !! Have you thought about De badge HSE to Autobiography and also changing the green Landrover badge for black ones very little cost but make a massive difference.

Up date on my little project of buying original 2012 Rear tailgate from Landrover turned out to be a no go !!! part and size is designed for 2012 and my thoughts on making a retro fit bracket are also a no go so it look's like we all have to pay the high price till one of our little chines friends comes up with cheap upgrade !!

sure have thought about that. tomorrow the ab rear bumper goes on. i'll then be transferring the rr lettering from the lower tailgate to the new tailgate trim. I'll be completely removing the lr badge, i.e. not putting a black one in its place. Also the hse lettering will be coming off and an ab or ab sport badge will be put in its place.

sorry to hear about the original tailgate not fitting!

pics to follow tomorrow! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #402440 Sat Nov 16 2013 7:43pm
tanloverluke

duplicate post removed Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #402441 Sat Nov 16 2013 7:43pm
mark1107

United States 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Maya Gold

Hi Peachy & Tan lover luke.

The only company that is going to produce this Powerfuluk. I guess you have a connection to them since this part was never listed on Ebay and I feel like your putting false info out there to drum up interest. Why not be honest and post the actual ebay link? Because there is no ebay link. I have ebay set to alert me when this part comes up. The only part even similar to this is the actual 2013 upper tail gate trim which will not fit any MY 2011 or older Range Rover sport becuase the the chrome trim comes down past the tail lights.

Simon at Powerful uk contacted me to say this part would be available after thanksgiving. Here is his pictures. Being dishonest and saying that this was on ebay leads all of us astray and is not appreciated. I challenge you to show us the actual link to ebay when powerful uk hasnt even listed this part yet on the market for sale to older RRS owners.

http://i43.tinypic.com/219cpc5.jpg

Click image to enlarge

Here is Simons email to me last September:

It was a crzy week - and not a good start to this week - will try this week

The stock is on its way from the factory so i have a bit of time

Simon

On 23/09/2013 08:08, wrote:

Hey Simon any update on the you tube video for the 2013 sport upper tailgate conversion?

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

----- Reply message -----
To: "Mark"
Subject: 2013 range rover sport rear lift gate conversion kit
Date: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi

Did not manage to get this done today.

The price will be £165-£200 for the 2 piece depending on if its painted or unpainted.

Top of the list for jobs for monday !

Simon

On 13/09/2013 13:04, Mark wrote:

Im really excited. I'll look for the you tube video.

Thank you Simon. How much will it cost?

Mark

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

-------- Original message --------
Date: 09/13/2013 3:14 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Mark
Subject: Re: 2013 range rover sport rear lift gate conversion kit

Hi

Yes - I will have the video on youtube later today showing all the
parts....wow word travels fast !

In stock on about 6 weeks - put it on your Christmas list !

Simon

On 13/09/2013 04:53, Mark wrote:
> Hey Simon,
>
> They were advertising on the range rovers.net forum that you will have a 2013 rear tailgate conversion kit for the 2006-2011 range rover sport.
>
> They even showed a picture of one. Do you know when this will be available? How much in usd?
> Anymore pictures?
>
> I'm excited and will buy one.
>
> Mark in Pasadena CA

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by mark1107 on Sun Nov 17 2013 6:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #402475 Sun Nov 17 2013 6:13am
mark1107

I guess peachy & tan lover are ordering in bulk since this can only be bought in minimu order pieces of 20-25 at 200 bucks eacks each. I guess they are going to be a supplier?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/14232156...Range.html

Post #402476 Sun Nov 17 2013 6:23am
mark1107

Advanced Search
Home > Products > Automobiles & Motorcycles > Body Parts > Car Bumpers (34457) Multi-Language Sites frenchGermanItalianRussianSpanishPortugueseKoreanJapaneseArabicTurkishThaiVietnamese Hot Sale Tailgate Trim For Range Rover Sport
Add to Inquiry CartAdd to My Favorites Share to: FOB Price: US $200 - 250 / Set Get Latest Price
Port: SHANGHAI
Minimum Order Quantity: 20 Piece/Pieces
Supply Ability: 100 Piece/Pieces per Day
Payment Terms: L/C,T/T

Ms. Jenny Luo OfflineContact Supplier Start Order

Not exactly what you want? Post a quick Buying Request! Verified Supplier - Jiangsu Gaobiao Technology Development Co., Ltd. [ Jiangsu, China (Mainland) ] Business type: Manufacturer, Trading Company
Onsite operations checked and legal status confirmed
Contact Details Company Profile
Product Categories

See larger image Product Detail Company Profile Report Suspicious Activity Quick DetailsPlace of Origin: Jiangsu China (Mainland) Brand Name: GAO BIAO Position: Rear Bumper
Material: ABS+ Chrome,ABS + chrome Car Make: 2013 LAND ROVER SPORT COLOR: BLACK
Packaging & DeliveryPackaging Detail: In standard export packing or customed packing is also acceptable.
Delivery Detail: In about 5 to 15 days subject to your order quantity.

SpecificationsHot Sale Tailgate Trim Plate For Range Rover Sport
1.Material: ABS+chrome

Hot Sale Tailgate Trim For Range Rover Sport

It is the most popular products for land rover sport and it is wider and longer than the orignal model. It makes your car be more luxuary than the original one.

1. Total Details

Description Back door trim plate for land rover range rover sport
Material ABS+chrome
Colour with primer and it can fit for your car colour

Packing Standard Export Packing ways or customed packing ways.
Delivery Time In about 5 to 15 days subject to our order quantity.
Shipping Way By DHL/FEDEX/AIR.. Less than container load, full container load.
Remark Sample order or mixed order are also welcomed.

If you are interested in it welcome to contacat with: Skype: jenny19911026 TM: cn1001041303

2. Function

1. It can protect your car well and makes your vehicle be more beautiful and luxury in desgin.

3. Afer-sale service:

100% customer satisfaction------Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Upon the arrival of your package, we encourage you to check and make sure that the products have been made as your order specifications.The sooner you report the problem,the quicker and better we can handle it.

4. Picture Show

Hot Sale Back Door Trim Plate For Range Rover Sport

Notice: For the chrome parts of the trim you can also choose to paint it in silver as the original model, as you like.

PS:Many new bodykits is under developing, we will update it on ALIBABA at the first time...

If you are interested in it welcome to contacat with: Skype: jenny19911026 TM: cn1001041303

5. Company Profile

Jiangsu Gaobiao Technology Development Co., Ltd is specialized in design and mannufacture of bumper guard, roof rack, running board, bodykit ..for SUV, MVP, PICKUP... Our new developed products is bodykit for land rover range rover sport/Vogue, benz G65. Ml 63 and etc. For any more information, pls contact with me at any time.

Post #402477 Sun Nov 17 2013 6:40am
PEACHY

England 

mark1107 - are you Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #402478 Sun Nov 17 2013 7:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>