RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Two-Month Production Delay for Panoramic Roofs...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It is going to be interesting to see which colour becomes de rigeur for the new RRS's! The previous shape was easy..Black, followed by silver and then finally at a low 3rd Stornaway Grey. Virtually nothing else. The same also applied to Discoveries with the introductory Nara Bronze being unloved.
However, with the contrasting roofs and bold colours that are now available on all manner of cars like Citroens etc...and now the new RRS, the picture is a bit unclear. Looks like Corris is popular..safe colour and smart, but just now it seems that 1970s colour schemes are all the rage...white with black roof/red/black etc etc.
All white is out...2012 was the year. All black is back to the past... The current contrasting schemes are in...but for how long? Blue is not right, more Bimmer style, Silver is safe but been there done that. Causeway Grey just might be a dark horse here, but Firenze red all over with privacy and no 70s stlyle contrasting roof?
Chile with the Santorini roof looks pretty good though...!!

Post #399340 Mon Oct 21 2013 7:59pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

So my impression of colours is:

White and Black

A long way behind...

Grey and Red

A long way behind...

All the rest.

Chilli doesn't seem to have captured the buyers' imagination; saw one blue, no (for me). Saw one silver, quite liked.

I specifically asked if batches of cars of the same colour are painted together which might have distorted the mix. No, it takes just 12 seconds in the paint shop to flush the paint system and switch so other considerations apply. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #399344 Mon Oct 21 2013 8:38pm
peanutbob

The whites maybe heading to the Middle/Far East? There are several on Autotrader at premium prices...look cool though!

Post #399347 Mon Oct 21 2013 8:44pm
peanutbob

Here's a white autobiography from Autotrader

Click image to enlarge

Post #399350 Mon Oct 21 2013 8:55pm
peanutbob

Corris with white:

Click image to enlarge

Think the suspension is at access height to make it look meaner!

Post #399352 Mon Oct 21 2013 9:00pm
peanutbob

And of course Chile + Black

Click image to enlarge

Post #399357 Mon Oct 21 2013 9:09pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ady 555 wrote:
What do they mean by water testing Question That the door seals have held the water in very well due to having no sunroof available Whistle

Ha ha ha - probably more than likely!!! Ditto for you Beancounter! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #399358 Mon Oct 21 2013 9:16pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

peanutbob wrote:
Here's a white autobiography from Autotrader

Click image to enlarge

Thanks Peanutbob.......iīve bin humming and aaarrring about being a little bold specking a Fuji AB with pimento interior for weeks... but have been a little nervous not having seen one........ of course.... Autotrader.......itīs al there Very Happy

I saw a FF in that colour combo at a delivery centre in London a few weeks ago and it looked really nice......
But that pimento interior looks really brash bold and garish in the pics on that advert.........and much brighter than I remember.... but I guess it was in a dark fluorescent lit industrial unit !!!!.........

Well I live in the sun...... 299 days a year (didnīt say 300 as I didnīt want to upset too many people)
So Fuji contrast santorini panoramic is definite for me....it just looks awsome in the sun.... !!
Caanīt do anything too light as I have a one year old baby......
Nothing too dark.... bored of the ebony I currently have
Hey ho hey ho itīs back to the drawing board I go... bummer

Prefer the stealthy style 17 wheels by far 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Wed Oct 23 2013 6:04am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #399372 Mon Oct 21 2013 11:23pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, I agree the pimento interior is rather brash, I'd prefer a darker claret like colour, though not with a red exterior. Silver and red would be good IMHO.

Seems LR are concentrating on the Chinese market, each car carried a destination label and a configuration print out(a little basic compared to the coded transponder attached to the car during construction used by Porsche and Mercedes) and several I was able to read from a distance were going to China. There's no shortage of cars being produced, we are just not their most important market by a long way - US and China take that honour.

Over at the Land Rover Experience Centre, the place was swarming with Chinese visitors and there was a buffer lunch laid on for them. Still the coffee and cake we had were very nice.

For anyone technically minded, a visit to the factory is very interesting and certainly ramps up the anticipation factor... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #399408 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:01am
JPR 1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Panoramic roof.

Want one quicker with panoramic roof, go to Amari Supercars got two in stock now. Thumbs Up Current Volvo XC90 R Design T8
Gone 2010 TDV8. Stornoway Grey
Gone VW R50, AUDI S8, ML320 Sport, FFRR V8
Stolen 2007 TDV8.

Post #399420 Tue Oct 22 2013 11:35am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Hi Mark..... absolutely right.... more Claret / burgandy would be a lovely colour......
I suppose the giveaway should of been that they called it Pimento Whistle !!!! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Tue Oct 22 2013 8:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #399450 Tue Oct 22 2013 4:01pm
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
There were definitely some cars stored temporarily in places where I wouldn't have expected them to be - at the sides of the Defender production hall for example - and the guide told us that some cars are delayed waiting for parts. It was much less than I saw with the Evoque in September 2011 in Halewood and the number of such cars seemed dwarfed by the huge number ready to go. Small consolation if yours is one of the ones held up, I admit.

Hope you both get yours soon.

I went on the factory tour today. The RR's waiting alongside the Defender production line were there for rectification work. There are a number of in house Bodyshops/rectification areas that address damaged/cars with issues before they leave the factory.

This happens on all car production lines and is not unique to LR as they cannot re-introduce a car to the production line to rectify damage or faulty components. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #399502 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:04pm
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

SilverspeedRRS wrote:
Me too car is built waiting for release! I've ordered 5+2 which I understand may be part of the issue?
I've also read somewhere heater controls are in short supply? My dealer is very frustrated and at least is communicating.

I understand the heater control supply issues may be a Red Herring. There is a delay with the 5+2 optioned cars and there is limited supply of Pano roofs however, there were a number of cars coming off the production line today with Pano roofs. Once build, the cars are shipped to either Gaydon or the docks within 6 hrs after leaving Monsoon testing and final QA.. There were 100's of cars with Pano roof's waiting to be transported away. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #399508 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:11pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

My causeway grey autobiog build was due to start yesterday, has the 5+2 seats and pano roof. Hope it's ok!

Post #399523 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:08pm
peanutbob

Re: Panoramic roof.

JPR 1 wrote:
Want one quicker with panoramic roof, go to Amari Supercars got two in stock now. Thumbs Up

The one I posted above has been delisted from the Autotrader site, and on their website is now under offer. Maybe someone from here?!

Post #399533 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>