RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Two-Month Production Delay for Panoramic Roofs...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Cracking looking car Bob Thumbs Up

Jim

Post #398836 Fri Oct 18 2013 6:34am
jonski

Re: Two-Month Production Delay for Panoramic Roofs...

Widdle wrote:
jonski wrote:
There's apparent supply problems with panoramic roofs. My TDV6 HSE has been postponed two months because of sourcing problems related to glass parts. Any way to avoid the delay?

When were you originally supposed to get yours Jonski? Mine is a 21st Oct build date and so far all seems ok according to my dealer. Dreading the last minute phone call!

I was told it would be in my garage mid-November. Now mid-January. 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model
2007 Freelander i6 HSE, stornoway/black - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #398929 Fri Oct 18 2013 4:48pm
jonski

Andrew wrote:
I'm now being told December build... should have been delivered last week...

Oh Well!

Same two-month delay then Sad 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model
2007 Freelander i6 HSE, stornoway/black - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #398930 Fri Oct 18 2013 4:50pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Very annoying..... but at least one positive.....you will have a 2014 registered car... which usually helps on resale 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #398940 Fri Oct 18 2013 6:27pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Two-Month Production Delay for Panoramic Roofs...

Widdle wrote:
jonski wrote:
There's apparent supply problems with panoramic roofs. My TDV6 HSE has been postponed two months because of sourcing problems related to glass parts. Any way to avoid the delay?

When were you originally supposed to get yours Jonski? Mine is a 21st Oct build date and so far all seems ok according to my dealer. Dreading the last minute phone call!

My sport was built 6 weeks ago, and has been waiting on the pano roof.

I finally got news today from customer relations that they are water testing my sport, although sales haven't accepted it.

Hopefully, I could be getting my sport soon!

I have complained to the highest level to get my vehicle prioritised. The fact it has been built for 6 weeks and held up due to this is ridiculous.

Hopefully though there might be light at the end of the tunnel MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #398955 Fri Oct 18 2013 8:25pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I do worry about how susceptible the larger wheels are to damage. I managed to scuff a second wheel on my Evoque yesterday and they are only 20 inchers...

As for production delays, I'm visiting Sloihull today (very excited) so will look out for how many cars with glass roofs are on the line and will ask (but may not get an answer) as to the reason for the delay. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #399232 Mon Oct 21 2013 5:53am
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

keep an eye out for mine - I have been told today that after 6 weeks, mine is finally away for water testing, so I hope that means my glass roof has finally arrived! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #399280 Mon Oct 21 2013 2:14pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Mark_N wrote:
I do worry about how susceptible the larger wheels are to damage. I managed to scuff a second wheel on my Evoque yesterday and they are only 20 inchers...

As for production delays, I'm visiting Sloihull today (very excited) so will look out for how many cars with glass roofs are on the line and will ask (but may not get an answer) as to the reason for the delay.

Anything over 19Ļis going to be susceptible to kerbing and damage and you will have to treat with care and respect anywhere near a curb........
The additional problem with a 22 with a 40 profile could be potholes etc which could in themselves do damage... and then there is ride quality to consider.......
Waiting for Peanutbob to pick up his AB this and give us a road noise / comfort and ride review.... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399283 Mon Oct 21 2013 2:24pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

What do they mean by water testing Question That the door seals have held the water in very well due to having no sunroof available Whistle

Post #399290 Mon Oct 21 2013 3:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

Laughing ...........or that due to the volume of water that has been allowed to fall into the car without a pano roof that it drains very well Whistle ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #399301 Mon Oct 21 2013 3:26pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

andman wrote:
Mark_N wrote:

As for production delays, I'm visiting Sloihull today (very excited) so will look out for how many cars with glass roofs are on the line and will ask (but may not get an answer) as to the reason for the delay.

Anything over 19Ļis going to be susceptible to kerbing and damage and you will have to treat with care and respect anywhere near a curb........
The additional problem with a 22 with a 40 profile could be potholes etc which could in themselves do damage... and then there is ride quality to consider.......
Waiting for Peanutbob to pick up his AB this and give us a road noise / comfort and ride review....

Tomorrow Thumbs Up

Post #399317 Mon Oct 21 2013 5:46pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Very interesting visit to Solihull today and good tour of the vast factory with a knowledgeable retired engineer showing us around, from pressing FFRR side panels every 9 seconds to making to bodies in white and final assembly including the marriage of engine and transmission to the body. Also, a last hurrah look at Defender production which was interesting in its own right.

Then a fun hour driving an FFRR through muddy swamps, up and down slopes and all the rest. Supremely capable confidence-inspiring car.

They are making close to 1000 cars a day, a new RR every 97 seconds today. 3 shift working from Monday morning to Friday evening. The car park with yesterday's production waiting to be taken away defies belief; 5 or 6 rows of cars parked bumper to bumper and stretching a long way. Just think of the value creation in the process...

There were definitely cars being made with panoramic roofs so I suspect delays are due to a shortage of roofs rather than a total lack of supply. Black and white by far the most dominant colours though I was very happy with the Firenze red examples I saw which is what I have ordered. Sat in a Sport, looks and feels great and parked my Evoque alongside to gauge increase in size.

Very happy with my choice of next car...

Edit: Forgot to say it takes 3 days to go from flat aluminium sheet to a completed car; the final assembly line is 2.5 miles long and the car takes 5 hours to go from painted bodyshell to completed car. Mark

Post #399325 Mon Oct 21 2013 6:23pm
Northlondoner

United Kingdom 

Mark any idea on what the part shortages are ? I have a HSE on order without pano roof should have arrived on the 8th Oct then 18th Oct and still no sign or any news on when it will actually arrive. Apparently it's built but waiting on something that nobody cannot tell me or possibly won't tell me. I guess it one of the cars sitting in their car park. Thanks

Post #399330 Mon Oct 21 2013 6:55pm
SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

Me too car is built waiting for release! I've ordered 5+2 which I understand may be part of the issue?
I've also read somewhere heater controls are in short supply? My dealer is very frustrated and at least is communicating. On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #399332 Mon Oct 21 2013 7:10pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

There were definitely some cars stored temporarily in places where I wouldn't have expected them to be - at the sides of the Defender production hall for example - and the guide told us that some cars are delayed waiting for parts. It was much less than I saw with the Evoque in September 2011 in Halewood and the number of such cars seemed dwarfed by the huge number ready to go. Small consolation if yours is one of the ones held up, I admit.

Hope you both get yours soon. Mark

Post #399334 Mon Oct 21 2013 7:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>