RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Bike Rack / Electrics on HSE Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Bike Rack / Electrics on HSE Dynamic

I picked up my Dynamic late yesterday (awesome!) and this morning unboxed my Thule G6 928. I assume this should be plug and play with a 13 pin adapter? I cannot get the lights to work at all so assume it's a faulty product or an issue with my cars electrics. Dealer has asked me to pop it in but as it's a 2hr round trip thought I'd check here for suggestions first..

...Will also get some pics up over the next few days. Thumbs Up 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #398527 Wed Oct 16 2013 11:29am
leondrums

Also does anyone know if you can disable the powered boot as I'm paranoid I'll press the key by accident with the bike rack on? 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Post #398529 Wed Oct 16 2013 11:45am
Beancounter_74

England 

Firstly, is it a decent adaptor (eg Thules own one?) as that could be a problem.

Also, it wasn't unheard of for the previous model to occasionally not have the electrics connected even if fitted. Any way you can test the rack on another car? ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #398538 Wed Oct 16 2013 12:35pm
leondrums

It's Thule's own adapter as supplied on the brand new rack which does fit perfectly and nice and snug.

Cant test the rack on another car as don't know anyone else close by with a towbar/electrics. Probably a trip to the dealer tomorrow. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #398541 Wed Oct 16 2013 12:47pm
leondrums

All sorted..after a few hours yesterday scratching my head (and numerous calls) I went to the dealer today...

Electrics weren't connected properly... Gave me a good drive out on a nice dry sunny day though Thumbs Up 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #398730 Thu Oct 17 2013 6:13pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up
......but for the money you've just spent, that's not on Shocked ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #398740 Thu Oct 17 2013 6:58pm
leondrums

I've had teething problems with nearly all new cars I've bought (except the last sport) and whilst inconvenient didn't let myself get wound up about it as didn't wan to put a downer on my first few days..

It did make me think that no flowers for the wife, less than half a tank of petrol was a bit tight on handover and today whilst having work done I bought a £12 accessory, surely they might have said not to worry about payment - my fuel would have been at least double that plus 3 hours today and a few yesterday.. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #398742 Thu Oct 17 2013 7:11pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You need to speak up more Leo, glad you got it sorted though. Thumbs Up

Post #398779 Thu Oct 17 2013 9:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leondrums

I am extremely vocal but in fairness they couldn't forsee (or should it have been part of the pdi) but most problems in life can be solved. It's if the solving part becomes a problem that I'd then have an issue. In fairness they sorted it there and then within an hour, they would have picked the car up (but I didn't want someone else driving it) so no real issue.

A £5 bottle of pinot would at least left me feeling a bit better on handover day.. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #398843 Fri Oct 18 2013 8:48am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

At least they sorted it and did not tell you it's a new feature Whistle Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #398844 Fri Oct 18 2013 9:17am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm afraid LR dealer staff are not taught to make the sort of gesture which repairs damage and creates goodwill.

I recently had Mercedes screw up a service; they could not have been more apologetic. They gave me a litre of Mobil One top up, a bottle of MB screen wash and a decent MB AMG cap and pen, in addition to refunding the £500+ cost of the service.

Any progress with the issue of not opening the tailgate with the bike rack attached? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #398990 Sat Oct 19 2013 2:27am
leondrums

Dealer says the boot can't be bypassed so I remain nervous as hell with the rack on, pressing the boot opener on the key would be pretty easy!

Surely there is a way?? 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #398996 Sat Oct 19 2013 8:25am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Logically when the towing socket is connected it should disable the button for the electric tailgate - in the same way it should disable the rear sensors and leave the front sensors active but this is a Lr not a German engineered vehicle so we Brits must grin and bear it because we just love our LR's Whistle

Sadly goodwill gestures are becoming more common but I personally would prefer things to work as expected and not have damage in the first place spoiling my enjoyment Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #399004 Sat Oct 19 2013 9:03am
leondrums

Couldn't agree more! 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #399005 Sat Oct 19 2013 9:04am
mse

United Kingdom 

At least on the 2014 you can open and close the boots from all the buttons unlike the 2013 Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #399070 Sat Oct 19 2013 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1