RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > NEWBIE: Almost dubbed by an "Overfinch"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Fewst

England 
NEWBIE: Almost dubbed by an "Overfinch"

Hello all, I'm Kev not quite 30yrs old in Kent, England and first post is a moan/rant so sorry.

Thought my luck was in when i drove past Canterbury Car Centre in Kent and saw a face lift 2010 RRS for £35k on their forecourt. Stopped and looked, and even better it was an Overfinch, loved it, went back with a few car knowledgeable friends then decided yup this is the one. Agreed a px price for my current car (M3) and it hit me im about to by my dream car, so id better do some home work. Called Overfinch (Stuart Metcalf, very helpful) gave them chassis no and reg. No record, sent some pics to him and confirmed as a Se trim level RRS with std front & rear bumpers and skirts just colour coded with OF badges, sill plates and interior matts and 22" OF wheels. Went back to the dealer who wasn't impressed id rumbled this and reacted very badly, unwilling to move lower than the £35k asking price to something sensible like 30k for an SE!

further more after i argued the point showed the emial from stuart at OF he produces the V5 registerd at Overfinch's address? Go figure!? I couldnt figure it out but i walked away and am still in the market for a 2010 RRS (HSE) with a few must have options.

Car can be seen hear http://www.canterburycarcentre.co.uk/used-...tate-46629

I also have a pic of the V5 but not sure where i stand posting this picture, anyone?

Post #398374 Mon Oct 14 2013 9:45pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Its NOT advisable to post the V5 registration document on a public forum. Just aswell you did your homework. Thumbs Up Good luck with your search.

Post #398377 Mon Oct 14 2013 10:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

That was a close one, well done for doing your homework.

I have to say Stuart is a very nice person to deal with. I bought some Overfinch tailpipes off him a few days ago, and he answered all my questions and queries promptly, very smooth transaction.

Anyway I'm sure the right sport will turn up, plenty of other RRS's out there. Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #398385 Mon Oct 14 2013 11:18pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Plenty out there, Kev - the right one will turn up no problem. Thumbs Up FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #398401 Tue Oct 15 2013 9:06am
Fewst

England 

Cheers guys. Am I missing anywhere the right car could be for sale? Using Pistonheads, autotrader, and landrover websites to track one down currently.....

Post #398404 Tue Oct 15 2013 9:37am
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Shows on his website as "Land-Rover Range Rover Sport Tdv6 SE" which should be a give away as to what model it is, or has he since changed this from Overfinch?

Good on you for doing your homework though, there's so many blag "special" model tarted up RRS' for sale out there so it's good to see a dealer getting caught out for once Thumbs Up Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #398405 Tue Oct 15 2013 9:42am
Fewst

England 

Sadly i didnt dig his website up until after i had the issues, so cant comment on what it was advertised as previous. He is still asking £5k+ to much for an SE trim level example IMO

Hated homework as a kid, but i have to admit its definitely worth while later in life!

Post #398475 Tue Oct 15 2013 8:22pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

As far as I'm aware, 'all' Overfinch do is fit body kits now, so as long as the parts have been fitted ok, I can't really see the problem?

Post #398599 Wed Oct 16 2013 8:34pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

And there lies the problem, there is no bodykit!
All that's been done is painted the trims and fitted over finch wheels and some tail pipes!
As the OP says, it's probably at least £5k too dear

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #398607 Wed Oct 16 2013 9:04pm
Fewst

England 

Oddly enough I came across the car again today while searching auto trader and now as well as changing his website to 2010 tdv6 SE the auto trader reflects this and autotrader had it up for £32,950. Go back 2hrs later and price is £33k. Dealer is absolute joke! Stay well away from Canterbury Car Center!

Post #398953 Fri Oct 18 2013 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1