RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Safety Camera Locations Website -UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Safety Camera Locations Website -UK

If like me today, you went through a safety camera and want to know what type it was, or, just want to check on locations of fixed or mobile cameras then this website has it all.

The Association of British Drivers.

http://www.abd.org.uk/

If the links for your area don't work you can always look at your local constabulary's website, go to their A-Z listing and search under "S" for safety cameras.

Useful information, and luckily, it WAS an average speed camera I zoomed up to and then slammed on the anchors! SAFE! Very Happy L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #47335 Tue Aug 01 2006 11:06am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Have they got the ones which are set up round here hiding in the shade behind the armco? Evil or Very Mad Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #47336 Tue Aug 01 2006 11:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #47337 Tue Aug 01 2006 11:25am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Fortunately I was in the 90 so they didn't get me Ner Ner Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #47338 Tue Aug 01 2006 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Because you can't go more than 30mph you mean? Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #47339 Tue Aug 01 2006 11:32am
NellyP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

RRUK, if you look in detail at this web site it clearly states that it is no longer updated due to over 4000 cameras in the UK. I checked for 7 cameras I know, 2No Kegworth, 4No Long-Eaton, 1No Leicester & none are mentioned! Crying or Very sad

Dont rely upon this web for accurate info, buy a "Road Pilot" or "Road Angel" both web sites are updated at least daily, this info can be downloaded directly to your device & they work! Very Happy

Post #69016 Mon Dec 04 2006 5:54pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Guys, your country is totally out of control.

I rode with a colleague from Birmingham across the north of London, going through Telford, Bedford, Harlow, Nottingham, Northampton and so on through Stifford visiting some of our commercial properties before heading into Central London. We had a TomTom 910 with speed camera info loaded. The thing NEVER seemed to stop chiming. Shocked 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #69021 Mon Dec 04 2006 6:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Indago also has all the cameras on it and that warns me of the likely locations of the mobile cameras as well as the fixed ones. The polite Joanna Lumley lady in the box of tricks just tells me " Warning, high risk of mobile speed cameras in this area" for the road outside my house, which is true but usually we get about 2 visits a year from the mobile unit! I was thankful for her the other day though........... I had just updated the database online and went out - she warned me that near one of the local villages there was a high risk area and sure enough, hiding in a partly obscured road end was a Battenburg Range Rover and 2 cops with a hand held unit!
The worst road I have driven on recently for the warning from Joanna is the M6/M42 where the alarm just sounds continuously to tell you there is a variable speed limit and the type of camera as well. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #69042 Mon Dec 04 2006 8:23pm
jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I live in Telford and the bloody things keep moving around! not to many fixed ones but loads of safety vans 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69047 Mon Dec 04 2006 8:56pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
My Indago also has all the cameras on it and that warns me of the likely locations of the mobile cameras as well as the fixed ones. The polite Joanna Lumley lady in the box of tricks just tells me " Warning, high risk of mobile speed cameras in this area" for the road outside my house, which is true but usually we get about 2 visits a year from the mobile unit! I was thankful for her the other day though........... I had just updated the database online and went out - she warned me that near one of the local villages there was a high risk area and sure enough, hiding in a partly obscured road end was a Battenburg Range Rover and 2 cops with a hand held unit!
The worst road I have driven on recently for the warning from Joanna is the M6/M42 where the alarm just sounds continuously to tell you there is a variable speed limit and the type of camera as well.

I was on a 747 last week coming back from US. As we approached the UK's west coast I turned on my new Road Angel and it said "" Warning, high risk of mobile speed cameras in this area"

Just about sums it up really MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #69049 Mon Dec 04 2006 9:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Landlord, your roadangel is like my Indago and uses the Global Positioning System (aka GPS) to find out where it is..................... the software in these units doesn't compute the height so it thought your were near to a road with cameras on it! Unless you were still out over the sea, in which case I would suggest that you throw it away - although we also now have radar monitoring of ships at sea it hasn't yet got so advanced, and ships are not yet so fast that they need speed traps, that we need advanced warning of a speed trap!! Very Happy 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #69050 Mon Dec 04 2006 10:15pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Landlord wrote:

I was on a 747 last week coming back from US. As we approached the UK's west coast I turned on my new Road Angel and it said "" Warning, high risk of mobile speed cameras in this area"

Just about sums it up really

Laughing Laughing

Post #69051 Mon Dec 04 2006 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1