RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Low Fuel warning fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Low Fuel warning fault

The low fuel waring light came up on my 2009 RRS intermittently over the last few weeks but now seems to be on most of the time.

I believe it must be the sensor in the tank and have booked it in to my dealer for next week hopefully to be fixed on my Landrover Approved Extended Warranty.

The guy said to keep my fuel level low in case they do need to remove the tank, however I know there wasn't much fuel in the tank but as I cannot see how much it is difficult to judge..

I read somewhere on here that someone banged the tank to get it working, if I could do that I would be able to see how much fuel left and if I need to add 5 litres or so, but where exactly is the tank, I looked underneath expecting to see a big round thing, but nothing.. Embarassed Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #396881 Wed Oct 02 2013 2:40pm
bengunkel

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi mate this happened on my old 59 plate - dealers changed the fuel senders and all was cured.

Post #396885 Wed Oct 02 2013 3:43pm
Gary

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Reset the mileage thingy on the dash by holding in the button on the indicator stalk, then keep pressing it until the mileage left screen appears, you can then work out roughly how much juce you have left by dividing the miles left by how much you get to the Gallon/Litre

Post #396887 Wed Oct 02 2013 3:45pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

bengunkel wrote:
Hi mate this happened on my old 59 plate - dealers changed the fuel senders and all was cured.

Bengunkel did they have to remove the tank to change your senders? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #396905 Wed Oct 02 2013 5:10pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Gary wrote:
Reset the mileage thingy on the dash by holding in the button on the indicator stalk, then keep pressing it until the mileage left screen appears, you can then work out roughly how much juce you have left by dividing the miles left by how much you get to the Gallon/Litre

Gary that sounds like a plan, will take a look tomorrow, might just fill a 5lt can and carry on board just in case I don't get my sums right Wink

Does anyone know exactly where the fuel tank is located? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #396906 Wed Oct 02 2013 5:12pm
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

The tank is under the driver's side, towards the rear axle.

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #396965 Thu Oct 03 2013 1:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks disco4x4au, will take a closer look.. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #396969 Thu Oct 03 2013 7:48am
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Low fuel waring light

Reviving an old thread about low fuel warning light on dash.

Yesterday my low fuel warning light came on and the fuel level guage showed no contents. The range estimate also showed '---'. This all happened whilst driving at a steady speed on a dual carriageway. I know there was fuel in the car because I filled it up a couple of days previous and had only covered 60 miles since.

I finished my journey and left the car for a few hours. On return the guage was still showed empty and the warning light still illuminated. Part way home I pulled out of a junction and the guage came back to life and the warning lamp went out.

My question is: is this a known fault with the fuel sender? And if so will it be covered under my extended LR warranty?

I have checked underneath and can't see any wires or connectors obviously loose or broken.

My car is a 2010 TDV6 3.0 with 62k miles.

Many thanks. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #509762 Thu Nov 10 2016 4:50pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Yes and Yes Thumbs Up

known issue with wires on top of sender, time to speak to the dealer, better to be done sooner rather than later, you may know their is fuel in but the car will not and could act accordingly Shocked

Post #509805 Thu Nov 10 2016 11:08pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thank you.

Will call my dealer. Thumbs Up I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #510047 Mon Nov 14 2016 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1