RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > TDV6 SE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mikef

United Kingdom 
TDV6 SE?

Hi guys, newbie here. I currently run a 2011 FFRR TDV8 and I am thinking about chopping it in early next year (before the warranty runs out, ha ha). I had a test drive in a new RRS SDV6 HSE today and really enjoyed it but I'm having trouble getting my head around the cost of a new HSE with a few options which comes out at around £64k. This is quite a bit more than even a Cayenne diesel with a load of options including air suspension. So now I've started looking at the TDV6 which on paper has a similar performance to the Cayenne and with a few options is about £6k less than the HSE. So any thoughts on the poverty spec TDV6 model? Obviously I can see that the engine power is less (although torque is the same) but I can live with that because the RRS would be a daily driver business tool for me and I have other vehicles for weekend fun. But what concerns me is that the TDV6 lacks Adaptive Dynamics and the low ratio box, neither of which are even available as an option. To be honest, I've never used the low ratio box on my FFRR so probably I can live without that but I'd still like to know how the TDV6 might cope with some light offroading should I ever choose to do it. The issue that does concern me is the lack of Adaptive Dynamics; I think it makes quite a difference in my FFRR but the new RRS is obviously a much lighter vehicle in comparison. So, anybody care to say what difference not having Adaptive Dynamics will make to the way the new RRS will drive?

Post #395223 Mon Sep 16 2013 11:12pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Without low range and AD, the RRS might be considered to be similar to the Freelander. A bit bigger and heavier, granted, but about as capable (barring wading depth where the RRS is much better than the FL).

It sounds like you'd be better off just getting the Cayenne... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #395225 Tue Sep 17 2013 1:08am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Test drove the cayenne last week very nice Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #395255 Tue Sep 17 2013 11:55am
Adam RRS

United Kingdom 

My dad has the Cayenne diesel and its a great car! I think i'd rather a spec'd up Cayenne to a Sport SE TBH WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #395257 Tue Sep 17 2013 12:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1