RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Hse vs hse dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

sammyf

England 

Corris grey. Pale interior. Grand black. Pan roof. Park assist. Metal pedals. Spare wheel. Am going to listen to the meridien system tmr and they also have a car without it. Then will take a view. Unless someone tells me I'm missing something overnight.

Post #394056 Fri Sep 06 2013 8:23pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Sounds very nice. Cool

I haven't decided on my interior choice yet, either Ebony/Ivory or just Ebony. Lunar looked nice but I don't know what it looks like in the flesh.

Pano roof is a nice option, it's one of my options, hopefully they should be back in production by January. Piano black trim looks really nice too, it's in my current Freelander and its another option on mine. I will probably pass on the sound system, but let us know what you think. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #394057 Fri Sep 06 2013 8:28pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I think that it has to be the Dynamic as it is a true replacement for the last model RRS.

I took one for a test drive yesterday and have to admit that I was quite impressed. I didn't like the plasticy glove box, but on the whole I enjoyed the drive.

Jim

Post #394058 Fri Sep 06 2013 8:33pm
Boxsterfeet

I have an HSE on order and I need winter tyres, but can't figure out the wheel conundrum. The standard 20" wheel will probably be best for winter tyres and a set of 21" for summer. I don't want to have to dispose of practically new 20" all season tyres so what to do? I guess I could alternate all season and winter tyres on the same wheels?

Post #394091 Sat Sep 07 2013 12:26am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

BlackGT3 wrote:
. It was also mentioned that in general, SH RRS buyers will not pay a premium for mechanical upgrades such as Dynamic suspension and therefore, the price of the HSE Dynamic may drop a little more than the HSE as SH buyers will not be prepared to pay much more for a HSE-D over a HSE. This is debatable and we will only see the reality in approx 9-12 months time.

They're wrong and only trying to get sales at this early stage in production. Second hand buyers will be looking for every worthwhile option they can get for the money. Choose between a SH HSE and SH HSE Dynamic for a grand or so more? What would you choose?

Don't forget that the garage are only interested in their sales; what happens in 24 months is of no interest to them at all.

The dealer is not your friend, he's merely trying to maximise his bonus. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #394093 Sat Sep 07 2013 12:33am
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I agree completely RRSTDV8, isn't it amazing how Dealer Salespeople always seem to agree with your point of view or personal circumstances Shocked they have targets to meet and if they think you are leaning towards an HSE then there will be a dozen reasons why you are right, same goes if you are fancying an HSE Dynamic!
You have to go with what you, like/value/can afford. the sales guy is after a sale period! I still firmly believe that the more capable Dynamic will be more sought after used than a well specified HSE but time will tell I guess. MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #394096 Sat Sep 07 2013 12:50am
Baco

Belgium 

Over here (Belgium that is), the HSE vs HSE Dynamic is an almost completely cosmetical choice. The only technical difference is a higher maximum speed as far as I know (and gear shifters at the steering wheel). The rest is looks only (20" vs 21", light atlas details vs black, 2 additional interior combinations and that's about it). I don't know whether the red brake calipers are an actual 'upgrade' too or just a coat of paint.

So, to get the TR2, Dynamic Response, Torque Vectoring and the Dynamic program we have to buy the on-road/off-road pack anyway, regardless of HSE or HSE Dynamic. That's a nearly 4.4K euro option pack here. The difference between the HSE and HSE Dynamic is 2.6K euro.

Since I didn't want an all-black car I went for the HSE, I like the light atlas details combined with the Santorini black color. Everyone's free to choose, but I ordered the on-road/off-road pack too (and the gear shifters) since, in my opinion, it adds quite a lot to the car and it's a core part of what the Range Rover Sport is all about. But that's just my opinion, that's what I would like in an RRS, it's a great car whatever you choose.

Post #394194 Sat Sep 07 2013 2:46pm
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
BlackGT3 wrote:
. It was also mentioned that in general, SH RRS buyers will not pay a premium for mechanical upgrades such as Dynamic suspension and therefore, the price of the HSE Dynamic may drop a little more than the HSE as SH buyers will not be prepared to pay much more for a HSE-D over a HSE. This is debatable and we will only see the reality in approx 9-12 months time.

They're wrong and only trying to get sales at this early stage in production. Second hand buyers will be looking for every worthwhile option they can get for the money. Choose between a SH HSE and SH HSE Dynamic for a grand or so more? What would you choose?

Don't forget that the garage are only interested in their sales; what happens in 24 months is of no interest to them at all.

The dealer is not your friend, he's merely trying to maximise his bonus.

Firstly, you are making incorrect assumptions regarding the relationship I have with the people who's point of view I have mentioned. In addition to this, I have conducted my own due diligence. Just because this differs to your thoughts on the subject, it does not mean my reasoning is wrong..

The DP I have spoken to is a personal friend and given he runs a number of dealerships, he is not low enough down the ladder to be worrying if one order meets a particular spec target. The used buyer I spoke to works for a different Group and is interested in buying my D4 and therefore, he has no vested interest in which model I purchase.

I agree with one of the points you make with regard to secondhand buyers - " Choose between a SH HSE and SH HSE Dynamic for a grand or so more " - a grand or so more is a good deal less than the additional 5 grand the HSE-D cost new and therefore, the HSE D has depreciated more. As I mentioned before, none of us have a crystal ball however, as a general rule, the more expensive the car is, the more money you lose. If depreciation mitigation was my key goal with this purchase, I would take the SE. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #394262 Sat Sep 07 2013 9:59pm
Adam RRS

United Kingdom 

I went for the HSE and added 5k of extras.

Quids in.

Luxury
---------
Handling WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #394518 Tue Sep 10 2013 4:28pm
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well as mentioned earlier I have an HSE on order with lots of toys, tow bar, cool box, pano roof (no delay) privacy glass, 22 inch wheels, heated mirrors, mood lighting black on black/lunar. I only have a week to amend my build (due end October) and I'm now thinking Dynamic should be the way to go... In short I put a deposit down in Jan and have had far too much time to think!!

If I drop the pano roof and keep the other options its £2300 more in total.... Is this a no brainer? Is this def not too much black? I originally loved the black/silver contrast but now (since today) am thinking the dynamic looks sleeker / younger and proportionately I should see my money back on resale... Decisions, decisions.. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #394580 Tue Sep 10 2013 9:45pm
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I emailed the dealer to advise I'd be popping in on Saturday and he quickly called to say I only had today to change the order if I wanted to! He popped the car up to me (an hour away) and I've changed the order to Dynamic with std wheels and kept all other options inc pano roof..

For me I think it's more important to have the better model well specced than the HSE Mega specced.. That said I can live with the Dynamic wheels so nothing really lost - other than an inch Smile. Feel much more comfortable with my decision and car due on Oct 15th to me.. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #394707 Wed Sep 11 2013 9:06pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

For the torque vector ing alone the dynamic is nearly worth it.

Can't await until next week MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #394729 Wed Sep 11 2013 11:22pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I wonder if 1st year residuals will match those of the Evouqe?

There were instances where folk were driving their car for a year and then trading it in against a new one and not losing a penny in the deal.

Interesting times eh...............

Jim

Post #394788 Thu Sep 12 2013 5:34pm
Adam RRS

United Kingdom 

Can I just say - The Meridien sound system is an absolute must! Blew me away! WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #395171 Mon Sep 16 2013 2:26pm
Luminated

United Kingdom 

Like everyone else it seems I too drove a demo Dynamics and frankly I didn't notice much of a difference between normal and dynamics mode, I like to drive quick but lofty 2ton SUVs wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice to do it in which is why I stuck with the HSE and forgo the 21/22" alloy options. I'm not saying torque vectoring is a gimmick but you really need to be very heavy handed with your steering and throttle inputs to get a noticeable reaction from it and how often will you be doing that, far better drop the pace a little and savour the things Range Rovers are brilliant at which is cocooning you and your passengers from the outside world.

P.S.
I second the importance of the Meridian sound systems, the difference between standard setup and it is chalk and cheese, best money spent on any option in the vast list on offer IMO.

Post #408447 Tue Jan 07 2014 12:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12