RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Hitman

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Starting

Hi I have an MY09 3.0HSE and last month I went to start it and there was nothing - no lights came on in the dash however the radio worked as did the horn and central locking
Anyway I put my jump leads from Evoque on it and hey presto she started asap
Anyway my wife said the same thing happned yesterday so she went back into the house and when she came back out (5 mins later) she opended the door with the button on the door handle as opposed to the fob and when she went to push the ignition all the lights came on and the car started no problem
Has anyone seen this fault before and have they any idea the cause, I am beginning to think there is an immobilizer that we have pressed by mistake on the fob but maybe its a loose wire or something

Thanks in advance
Hitman 2009 3.0HSE in white and 2013 Evoque Dynamic in Black

Post #393476 Sun Sep 01 2013 1:49pm
RobertNaylor

2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey

Hi, I have had this happen to me twice over the summer, once in May (2 months after getting the car) then again in June. After the first occasion I took it back to the dealer as my first service was due. They could not find any faults, battery solenoid or any thing else. It did happen again in June and I notice that on this 2nd occasion I only half pressed the starter button and thought I may have not given it long enough to react and start properly. Since then I’ve always insured I hold the starter button until the engine fires up properly and have no reoccurrence of the problem. However, this may be just look and nothing to do with my lazy button pushing. Interested to know how you get on. Cheers.

Post #397164 Fri Oct 04 2013 3:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1