RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Sunroof drains 2006 rrs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mattyp1

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Sunroof drains 2006 rrs

Hi, got in car today and passenger footwell is soaked, from reading other posts I'm presuming drain has
Blocked or disconnected, know it runs down the a pillar, but does anyone know where it exits the car??
Or if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Post #392814 Sun Aug 25 2013 1:07pm
B3EEE

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

the drivers side is easy, it exits behind side vent, but passenger side you need to get behind the inner wheel arch - thats why I've not done mine ! The end of the tube is a star shape to prevent ingress of water, but it seals up !  RR Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange 4.2 V8 First edition

Prefer RR Vouge S/C but they don't do Orange !

Post #392966 Tue Aug 27 2013 9:40pm
JOHNNY FEW

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Having just completed a sunroof service I thought I would share my recent experience.In recent times when washing with a power washer I found small drops of water on drivers seat and further investigation revealed damp patch on sunroof blind nose downand corner of head lining.My vehicle is always parked on my drive,which is on a incline ,facing nose down and therefore the only drains on the sunroof channel that get used are the fronts.I removed the screen pillar cover and checked the sunroof drain pipe was ok from the roof channel and then removed the lower portion of dash panel below the steering wheel along with the accelerator pedal to gain good access to the drain elbow exiting the inner wing.Once this elbow was removed it was full of mud and debris which once cleaned I tested by pouring water into the sunroof tray with the roof open fully and a nice puddle formed under the vehicle on the corosponding side.I then turned my attention to the passenger side tube,not so simple,first testing it with pouring water in the tray on that side showed there was a restriction or blockage I first attempted to use a length of wire to probe the drain pipe from the sunroof tray down to the elbow exit but it would not clear so more stripping was required.First remove plastic cover in foot well then under dash cover followed by glove box lid small plastic pins need to be removed from each corner of glovebox lid then lid drops out.Now the fun bit the elbow sits behind the fuse box wiring loom,its impossible to get to it without removing the entire fusebox.Disconnect all the loom plugs from the front and the two at the back then undo the two 10 mm nuts and carefully drop down the fusebox and remove then you can get at the hidden elbow.Mine had kinked and had completely blocked off any exiting water a new elbow and pipe complete from range rover was only a few pounds and has a modified plastic sleeve which helps the elbow from kinking in service.Refit everything back after doing a quick water test and all should be good.I also removed both side wing vents and cut the fluted ends of the drain tubes to ease any future blocking,hope this is of help

Post #392979 Tue Aug 27 2013 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1