RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Potential Build/Delivery delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

BlackGT3

United Kingdom 
Potential Build/Delivery delay

I have just heard that LR are experiencing supply issues with the Pan roof and this is pushing delivery dates out. A friend who is 6th in the queue at his dealer has just been told that the delivery of his car will now be sometime in November. It was originally scheduled for 15th, Oct.

Has anyone had the same feedback from their dealer? Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #392568 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:32am
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not had any issues with ours, and not had any communications re delays. Will keep you posted if we do.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #392581 Fri Aug 23 2013 2:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Thanks for confirming. This is an excuse being given to a friend by his dealer. He was No 6 in the queue having ordered his car last year. They are now telling him that delivery will not happen until November! Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #392584 Fri Aug 23 2013 3:57pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

It wouldn't surprise me. There were delays with the Evoque when it was first introduced with the pano roof and (especially) the xenon lights. I visited Halewood in September 2011 and the place was log-jammed with cars waiting for bits. Hopefully, LR are getting better at this stuff. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Last edited by Mark_N on Sat Aug 24 2013 4:30pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #392589 Fri Aug 23 2013 4:42pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mine is all still going ahead for the 28th this month with the pano roof

Fingers crossed MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #392631 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:47pm
Cpd1

haven't heard anything either.
November is not a bad delivery date as most production dates are Sep/Oct for early orders.

Post #392639 Sat Aug 24 2013 9:47am
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As promised, I am reporting back.......

Unfortunately, although the panoramic roof supplier is operating 21hrs a day, 7 days a week, they are unable to produce enough volume to meet demand.

This means that for the short term we are unable to order vehicles with Panoramic roofs. Land Rover hope that this will be resolved by wk51. This issue also covers L405 full size Range Rover.

We will know more over the next couple of weeks. Of the vehicles that are ordered with factory build dates there are less than 1 car per dealership which will be affected which they are trying to absorb by amending the specifications of demonstrators and showroom display cars.

So, best advice is to discuss with your supplying dealer. In essence if your car is due to be built imminently then all should be well, however if your order is yet to be slotted (and it has a pano roof) then it is likely that the build date will be from late December onwards ordered in order of where you sit in the order bank.

The good news is that if you did not specify a pano roof then you could potentially receive your RRS earlier as the production slots need to be filled with non-pano roofed vehicles.

There is also talk of a similar situation surrounding wood finishes, however information at this stage is quite limited.

As mentioned, we will share whatever information we can, however for exact feedback on your order then please speak to your dealer.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #393219 Thu Aug 29 2013 9:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
moles

United Kingdom 

James,

Thank you for this information. It is nice to know the facts, whether they are good or bad, rather than just being told something that the sales person makes up and hopes will be believed!

Although I live in Kent I know where I will travel to when I am looking to change my LR.

Post #393289 Fri Aug 30 2013 9:52am
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Agreed, why so many people on here travel the extra mile to see James, whether formerly at LPR or now at HGG Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #393295 Fri Aug 30 2013 9:57am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Unnecessary quote removed

Thumbs Up +1 2 from James at HGG and I know where I'll be going next Thumbs Up

Post #393300 Fri Aug 30 2013 10:11am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I certainly wish I did last time Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #393302 Fri Aug 30 2013 10:24am
Cpd1

Spoke with my dealer this am who confirmed the shortage of pano roof.
Any order without a prod number now will likely be delayed until next year if you want the pano roof.
Not bad if you have a new FFRR or RRS with sun roof to sell I suppose.

Post #393673 Tue Sep 03 2013 12:17pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I spoke to a salesman at my local dealer yesterday, he said that the pano roofs will hopefully go back into production in January. He also said that if I were to place an order now for March delivery my car would not be affected. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #393675 Tue Sep 03 2013 12:23pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I get the feeling some salesmen will tell you anything just to get an order. Laughing Wink

Post #393677 Tue Sep 03 2013 12:40pm
Cpd1

Guess it depends on how many orders each dealer have in their pool which have yet to be allocated a prod slot. If not many with pano roof getting a Jan prod date sounds completely achievable

Post #393681 Tue Sep 03 2013 1:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>