RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New Member
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

Hello Everyone,

Having just registered on this forum, I thought it best to quickly introduce myself and my LR ownership history.

I have been a member of the Disco3 forum since 2006. I bought our first LR Discovery in March 06, and found D3.co.uk to be a very useful source of information and a great community spirit. We ordered a 2014 Year RRS at the start of this year and delivery is currently scheduled for the end of Oct.

My initial experience of LR ownership back in 2006 was disappointing at first as the paintwork on our new Discovery 3 was covered in Nibs. Essentially, the painting process had been contaminated with dirt particles. Once the dealer knew I was serious about rejecting the car, they were very supportive and a brand new car was supplied a few months later. In the meantime, I had the full use of the original car.

The second Discovery 3 was excellent, we ran it for 4 years and 44K miles without fault (except for a couple of small items covered by warranty). I sold the car to a member on Pistonheads in 2010 and with the exception of ERG blanking plates being required, the car has been 100% reliable for him.

Our Discovery 4 HSE arrived in May 2010 and this has also been faultless. Hopefully, the RRS will prove to be as reliable and issue free as our last 2 Discovery's.

Cheers, David Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #392564 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:16am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Welcome from another LR addict Thumbs Up

Hope you post your thoughts on the RRS vs D4 - would be really interested Bow down

I also hope its faultless Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #392565 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:22am
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I'd rather know about the 997 GT3 myself Twisted Evil

Welcome Thumbs Up Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #392571 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:46am
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

MisterAdam wrote:
I'd rather know about the 997 GT3 myself Twisted Evil

Welcome Thumbs Up

The GT3 is not for every one but in my view, it's an epic, driver focused car. This is my 5th 911 (c2 & c4s) and the others were GT's by comparison. The GT3 is an event to drive and I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't get out in it at least once a week. This didn't happen with my previous cars following the initial honeymoon period. The clutch is much heavier than standard Porsches, the ride is firm and it's noisy. The gearbox is very stiff when cold but once the mechanicals and tyres are up to operating temp you start to engage the upper rev ranges, it becomes the most involving car of its nature, I have driven.

My car is mainly used on the road with upto 5 track days per year. With this in mind, the GEO has been set up with a road bias and highest ride setting. I also run it on MSP 2 road tyres. Even though my car is not optimised for track use, it is still quick and keeps up with my friends in Caterfields.

I have also added a full rear seat conversion to my car (as my kids love to ride in it) ensuring it's as practical as any other 997. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #392578 Fri Aug 23 2013 12:52pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Welcome to the site GT3. Thumbs Up

Post #392609 Fri Aug 23 2013 8:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1