RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Reversing Camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

daveyc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

If you do the mod as in the link your display look will change I believe its the FFRR and you get well better functions , as I said cd, phone (if Bluetooth fitted) Radio all on your touch screen etc and yes when you put the car into reverse NO MATTER WHAT SCREEN YOU WHERE ON THE REVERSE CAM WILL SHOW for me that's s far better option than buying a gvif (which im sure could be done with a relay to switch the sat nav and the reverse cam for less than a tenner) but I wanted the any screen version ps you will have to change the ccf simple to do with a tool takes 1 min
hope that clarify it please feel free to ask if you need help
Dave Whistle 2006 Hst 4.2 Supercharged , Angel eyes , 2010 rear led lights , indicator / courtesy wing mirror leds, Khan 21" Diamond edition split rims, full spec (running LPG £0.60 per ltr)
2007 2.7 v6 Chrysler Sebring convert sport
2006 SRT8 6.1 ltr petrol 300 Chrysler gone
2005 X5 3.0d sport gone
2001 BMW 330 ci ltd edition mtec gone

Post #428338 Wed Jun 25 2014 3:08pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ok thank you for that, i'll order the cam and give this a go in a fortnight.

I wonder if anyone also on this forum, with a rrs, has done this? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #428353 Wed Jun 25 2014 4:40pm
daveyc

Mine is a RRS and I've done it 2006 Hst 4.2 Supercharged , Angel eyes , 2010 rear led lights , indicator / courtesy wing mirror leds, Khan 21" Diamond edition split rims, full spec (running LPG £0.60 per ltr)
2005 X5 3.0d sport gone

Post #428360 Wed Jun 25 2014 5:10pm
tanloverluke

i went onto the disco forum. the thread got pretty complicated towards the end with lots of tweeks etc.

apparently i need an IID tool to change to configurations, can you confirm this, as i don't have one?

on page 1 of the thread you posted, the photo of the screen shows the phone icon. is this true with yours (i have bluetooth), did it appear after the mod?

are there any issues with this mod that you have experienced, such as intermittent malfunctions, or other functions became idle. i noticed someone said that their fuel economy function stopped working on the lcd display.

cheers. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #428363 Wed Jun 25 2014 5:25pm
daveyc

I had blue tooth already fitted , not seen any problems with this yet I think there may be some problems on the discos , there is a few things extra that seem to be working well , the fuel trip etc still works on the main dash display but not on the touch screen but we didn't have that before anyway and yes you will need to edit cff but im sure someone would do that for a few quid it takes 1 min to very simple then you can have the reverse cam working how it should , no need to switch to nav first , if you cannot get this all done for less than £100 in my opinion your over paying .. Whistle

(1) edit cff
(2) snip wire inside denso (I have fitted a switch so I can switch back)
(3) fit rear camera

Job done 2006 Hst 4.2 Supercharged , Angel eyes , 2010 rear led lights , indicator / courtesy wing mirror leds, Khan 21" Diamond edition split rims, full spec (running LPG £0.60 per ltr)
2005 X5 3.0d sport gone

Post #428368 Wed Jun 25 2014 5:47pm
tanloverluke

this sounds like a fantastic workaround for the reversing camera gvif mod. asi said i'll be giving it a go then in a couple of weeks.

many thanks for your help ! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #428379 Wed Jun 25 2014 7:14pm
daveyc

I Know its been a while but finally fitted my camera , works well but as I said before to get it to show on the screen without
having to buy a gvif or having to select the sat nav I have cut 1 wire which for some strange reason the display thinks its a ffrr .. but £20 for the camera and that's all its cost 2006 Hst 4.2 Supercharged , Angel eyes , 2010 rear led lights , indicator / courtesy wing mirror leds, Khan 21" Diamond edition split rims, full spec (running LPG £0.60 per ltr)
2005 X5 3.0d sport gone

Post #433288 Fri Aug 15 2014 1:01pm
Gordon2010

Scotland 

Where can you buy the software and lead to edit the cff and what wire do you snip

Post #436901 Wed Sep 17 2014 9:58pm
maci234

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

daveyc wrote:
If you do the mod as in the link your display look will change I believe its the FFRR and you get well better functions , as I said cd, phone (if Bluetooth fitted) Radio all on your touch screen etc and yes when you put the car into reverse NO MATTER WHAT SCREEN YOU WHERE ON THE REVERSE CAM WILL SHOW for me that's s far better option than buying a gvif (which im sure could be done with a relay to switch the sat nav and the reverse cam for less than a tenner) but I wanted the any screen version ps you will have to change the ccf simple to do with a tool takes 1 min
hope that clarify it please feel free to ask if you need help
Dave Whistle
IS THERE A LINK TO SHOW ME WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PURCHASE TO GET THIS TO WORK AS REAR CAMERA WOULD BE VERY USEFUL THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR TIME

Post #439175 Sun Oct 12 2014 3:56pm
maci234

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

TMUNRO87 wrote:
Hey guys so ive installed the gvif unit (piggy backs the sat nav dvd player) and a TV tuner, ive done a description of my install and will post photos on the thread later. It was quite easy to do, now I have the reverse camera left to place, need to work out how to tackle the boot though
have you a write up on this thanks

Post #439176 Sun Oct 12 2014 3:58pm
Gordon2010

Scotland 

daveyc wrote:
I Know its been a while but finally fitted my camera , works well but as I said before to get it to show on the screen without
having to buy a gvif or having to select the sat nav I have cut 1 wire which for some strange reason the display thinks its a ffrr .. but £20 for the camera and that's all its cost

Where is the best place to buy the tool and what should I be paying for it

Post #439643 Thu Oct 16 2014 10:32pm
darrenmcneill

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

daveyc wrote:
having to buy a gvif or having to select the sat nav I have cut 1 wire which for some strange reason the display thinks its a ffrr .. but £20 for the camera and that's all its cost

Dave,

How has the reversing camera been since the fitting. Have you had any issues with regards to the touch screen etc since its set-up. Going to look at installing this in the next few weeks (Time off permitting). Just wanted to see how it has coped over the last few months. How did you resolve the brightness issue that was mentioned early on in the post?

I was thinking of a wireless camera to speed up the process:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIRELESS-Reverse...566b8d5b44

Cheers 2006 HSE for Sale - £7,499 (Manchester)
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46383.html

Post #440927 Thu Oct 30 2014 11:42am
TW3

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Darren,

Like the wireless option, as I don't fancy having to route the video cable through the vehicle.

Would be very interested in hearing how you install the two parts of the upgrade and how well it works.

Trevor

Post #442951 Tue Nov 18 2014 7:22pm
rumz

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

As am I Darren,

I want to go through with the wireless but am hopeless at things like this so would be great to do it along with someone who knows what they are doing

Post #442995 Tue Nov 18 2014 10:58pm
darrenmcneill

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Ive been advised to go for the Gvif route, so havent looked into this...

currently trying to decide on new front bumper, or stainless exhaust... Money for gvif can wait! 2006 HSE for Sale - £7,499 (Manchester)
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46383.html

Post #442998 Tue Nov 18 2014 11:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>