Home > My Range Rover Sport > Just bought my first RRS 2007 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Mark1505

Location: Wales Home, Singapore work & Also many other parts of the world,

Wales 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Just bought my first RRS 2007 TDV8

Hi All,
New to the forum, new to Range Rover Sport, waited a long time to buy one, but finaly have exactly what I wanted, black with black leather and silver trim, standard TDV8 spec tinted windows, brembo brakes 20" wheels, Fridge, cold climate pack, dynamic pack. Just 80,000Mls full service history Goes very well.

Down side bought from a dealer only last week, they spent on some work including new front pads and discs, however seems power steering pump gone, upper and lower ball joints and Rear ARC bar, all in 3k bill for me Big Cry
no response from dealer, Censored 3K on Garage bills within a week not so good but the price of happiness I guess. All said and done still glad to have it, and looking forward to driving it across Western Europe and Eastern Europe in the coming weeks.

Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Colour coded door handles
Colour coded headlight washers
Smoked side repeaters
Hawk Colour coded side vents
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438392 Fri Oct 03 2014 12:06am
Mark1505

Ho Hum Crying or Very sad
I will welcome myself to the forum and the delightful world of Range Rover sport,

Hi welcome to the RRS Sport forum hope you enjoy all the banter and useful info the forum can give, Congrats on the sport you bought, hope its the last problems for a while, good all round cars normally. mmm Mad the dealer should compensate a bit but some times its not worth chasing every day, just bite the bullet and pay the repair bill. Glad you found the forum useful to buy those winter wheels you wanted to fit and the advice on the wheels with Brembo brakes.

Banging Head Banging Head Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438523 Sat Oct 04 2014 8:10pm
Andi

United Kingdom 

Hello Mark, and welcome.
Bad news on the bill, but generally you do have rights when buying a used car.
Anyway, the plus side, every time you hear that lovely V8 engine sound, you will smile. Very Happy

Post #438524 Sat Oct 04 2014 8:18pm
Mark1505

Hi Andi,
My regular home is not UK, even though family are there, I flew in to get this car, as its exactly what I wanted, as it seemed all was as it should be, good condition Full SH, new Brakes and discs, some other work, Anyway I asked the dealer to only pay half of the balance after what the warentee pays but again no reply. Never mind the sound, the way it drives, the comfort, the way you feel behind that wheel, high up but cocooned in comfort every thing at your finger tips, and 3.6 Ltrs at your foot, is all just perfect and I don't regret buying it for a second.

My dad is using it while I wait for the Private Plate to go on and green card from insurance to come, before I return to UK, he also takes it to the service guys for me, funny thing he calls and say he doesn't think I should take it on this trip, leave it for him and get another one, LOL guess he likes it too.

Me and the wife are soon to embark on a 5,000 mile round trip through Europe, up into Eastern Europe, Russia back down to southern Ukraine (where pot holes are 3ft deep on road is almost like off road) then back to the UK for Christmas, followed in January by a trip to Austria, and central Ukraine, returning via Poland, Berlin and Holland back to UK, this is what we bought it for, plus I've always wanted one. Thinking of taking video and pics to post online, do you think it will be interesting to others on this forum to see such a tour, with the challenges of intercontinental and Eastern Europe. Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438529 Sat Oct 04 2014 8:38pm
Andi

United Kingdom 

I'm sure it would be of interest to many.
It is an impressive trip you have planned, a lot of driving involved. Sounds like you are really going to put the car through its paces.

Post #438534 Sat Oct 04 2014 9:28pm
Mark1505

Yep its a big trip, and I think the TDV8 is the tool for the job, I travel a lot with work, but always just to the airport, so me and the better half decided to fly to UK and do the next 3 months meetings around Europe West and East by car, with a bit of skiing in Austria on route.

Our trip takes us from Uk, down to Brussels, from there to Paris, after that we head to Montpellier, we will take a few days down at Monaco just for fun time, we then head off to Milan, followed by Geneva, through to Austria. We will enter Hungary, spend about 3 days there, we will head south into Romania, keeping South East to enter Ukraine at Ismail. We have a stop for a few days in South West Ukraine, about 250k's from Odessa for a few days. We then go to our office in Odessa, followed by the office in Kiev, from there we head through Belarus onto Moscow, followed by North Russia a place called Arkhangelsk. Thats it on return foot down Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany through Berlin Amsterdam and back to UK for around 22 December. We then Hope to go Direct to South West Ukraine for the Ukraine Christmas and back to Austria on the return leg for some skiing then back to UK before we ship the sport home to Cyprus. Its an adventure with the best tool. Ive bought some wheels with winter tyres, snow chains etc etc. Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438540 Sat Oct 04 2014 10:02pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

hi mark nice car enjoy and hope your trip is trouble free Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #438561 Sun Oct 05 2014 6:20am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The British plates will attract some attention in Belarus and Russia. I can tell you the most efficient way to deal with the rozzers there if you haven't done it before?

Post #438569 Sun Oct 05 2014 8:06am
Mark1505

Hi Stuart,
Yes if you got info that will be great, Ive done it in the new Pajero we have in Ukraine but not through Belarus, only Ukraine and Russia, which of course is LHD and on Ukraine plates. Not really sure how the RHD, Private plates will go down, even more so as we spend time in the sticks rather than the city. Kiev with UK plates and Moscow I think will be ok, as Ive seen these in both cities, the bits in-between I think may have issues. First time Ive committed to such a trip from UK and know there will be issues on route, but "Your, my19" wheels" V8 and comfort of the sport it could be a lot worse Smile Very Happy

Im sure you recognise these kind of village roads in the FSU, makes green laneing a bit tame, when you think these are the only choice from A-B

Thinking of starting a thread with a selection of photos and video of the whole trip. and include a blog on the issues and triumphs we have.

Smile Smile Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438591 Sun Oct 05 2014 5:04pm
Stuart

Let me link you to a historical topic on the subject >>here<<. At the bottom of that post is links to other topics, one of which was one of my early drives (although I was first out there by road in 98 ).

What I wrote there on the subject:

Quote:
At the perimeter of different districts in Russia, you will find the cops checking cars randomly. Any car that is out of town (they can tell by the numerical city code on a Russian licence plate) or foreign registered is almost certain to be stopped. If your paperwork is in order, you should have no worries - a quick check and you are on your way.

On the general roads, the local cops (known as the ДПС) will be hiding in trees and bends with radar guns. Expect to be stopped and "fined". How this works: The cop shows you the radar gun, he then makes a big story about "writing a ticket" which takes about 30 minutes and which you must go to the bank and pay. This is the official line.

What really happens: You bribe him and go on your way. Slip the appropriate amount (which varies depending on where you are) inside your passport (in advance) and hand it to him. He will give it back to you without the money and give you a "verbal warning". You are good to go in two minutes. The bribe is cheaper than the official fine usually. These bribes form part of these guys salaries, they expect it and so should you. If you don't like "corruption" than you can take the legal route of an official ticket.

Not much has changed. It will happen at the edge of cities and in the sticks. 20 Euros (or local equivalent) is usually OK in the licence/passport. If they try to roll you for more make a big hue and cry about calling your embassy and insist on an official ticket - they cant be bothered, they will cave.

If you dont want to pay, accept the official ticket and drive away and never pay it. It wont follow you here.

Here is the last one that had me. I even got him to pose for a photo.......

Post #438603 Sun Oct 05 2014 8:11pm
Mark1505

is that your Lada in the background Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

is that why he stopped you for being english and driving a Lada Rolling Eyes Laughing

just the amazement of it.

I got flagged down in the night on highway between Kiev and Odessa in the pajero, I didn't even see the wavy red stick, the other half spotted it I was doing 80km in a 40km zone (bit of motorway which drops down limit for about 1/2 mile then goes back to normal sign can't even see) so pulled up just past the cop and walked back to see what he wanted, me no ruskie Whistle so he gave up trying to explain and on my jolly way I went, no ticket just a major peed off cop (no Vodka money). Since then I know that stretch and go through at about 35ks agh the fun to have Laughing Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438741 Tue Oct 07 2014 6:28pm
Stuart

Yes, FIL lent me the Lada. Big Cry

He now has a Toyota. Things are looking up there. Everyone else seems to drive a RRS now.

Post #438742 Tue Oct 07 2014 6:34pm
Mark1505

Very Happy Very Happy
Thats the only reason he stopped you me thinks. He went home told his friends, I see english man drive Lada, crazy english man don't know lada not RRS Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

When I came to Kiev in 1994 it was Lada and FSU cars thats it, but these days its Range rover, Merc S class, G wagon, Porsche all the top high end cars, and on buying cars its something like 250% tax, I looked at a RRS 2010 Autobiography 4 months ago they wanted $115k USD based on a cash deal, and you know cash deal here is, hard cash notes in the hand. Amazing how things change over a quite short period. Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Smoked side repeaters
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #438744 Tue Oct 07 2014 6:47pm
JPR 1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good luck with the car and trip. Looking forward to pictures when you get back Thumbs Up Current Volvo XC90 R Design T8
Gone 2010 TDV8. Stornoway Grey
Gone VW R50, AUDI S8, ML320 Sport, FFRR V8
Stolen 2007 TDV8.

Post #438796 Wed Oct 08 2014 11:20am
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Welcome to the club, always room for another TDV8, enjoy your trip.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #438957 Thu Oct 09 2014 9:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>