RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Winter tyres/wheel size?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

nestu

England 
Winter tyres/wheel size?

Apologies if this has been covered already! We have owned our Sport for a few months now...it is running on nearly new Pirelli summer tyres...20inch alloys....I have a spare set of 20inch alloys and wonder if I should put winter tyres on these. Lots of people drop a wheel size for winter tyres and I wonder does any one run 20inch rims with winter tyres(vredesteins) and are they happy with running that rim size....just not sure whether to sell 20inchers and buy some 19's... thanks for your input Thumbs Up

Post #391842 Thu Aug 15 2013 1:14pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have run 19" and 20" but not winter tyres - just m&s Thumbs Up

I preferred the ride on 19" and found the 19" wrangler were better than the current 20" scorpion in poor weather - I am considering 19" all year round now especially for towing the caravan Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #391849 Thu Aug 15 2013 1:50pm
nestu

England 
Thanks for your reply...

Thanks Muddywheels....I have thought about changing to 19,s for summer and winter tyres...my wife uses the Sport most and the newest 20,s only lasted days before the 1st kerbing lol...I might not have been far behind mind lol...just the cost is a bit prohibitive, had to buy the new 20,s as soon as we got the car....maybe just have to bite the bullet...did run the Disco through the winter last year just on Pirelli mud and snows......no complaints.

Post #391850 Thu Aug 15 2013 2:01pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I've been running mine on 19s for a couple of years. Wintracs in the winter, Scorpion ATR in the summer. This winter will be the third for my set of Wintracs. Not sure if I'll put the ATRs back on next year or go with something else (the ATR is no longer available in a suitable size). Considering the Goodyear Duratrac for year-round use.

I bought the 19s for less than £500 from a garage that was selling a RRS and had stuck 22s on it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #391862 Thu Aug 15 2013 3:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1