RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Auto Deploying Side Steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Car lowers by approx. 50mm (2in) in access mode. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #391948 Fri Aug 16 2013 3:24pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

Voila!

Post #391953 Fri Aug 16 2013 3:39pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Thats really to raise the height any time.

To get access height, when you arrive or want to depart just press the dash button Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391960 Fri Aug 16 2013 4:48pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

With the big reduction in the number of buttons on the new car, I'm wondering if it still exists or is accessed through a menu. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #391965 Fri Aug 16 2013 5:14pm
mse

United Kingdom 

the suspension heigh button is still there Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391966 Fri Aug 16 2013 5:28pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is one drawback from having the electrically deployed sidesteps........... If you need to jack the car up to change a flat t tyre then you need two very strong assistants to assist you to completely remove the whole side step before you can fit the jack under the car, even using a trolley jack requires them to be removed to avoid damaging them. Not something I would want to inflict on an LRA techy called out to fix a flat! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #393263 Fri Aug 30 2013 1:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Yet another great characteristic Rolling Eyes

Surely they could be deployed for jacking Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #393274 Fri Aug 30 2013 8:16am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Shocked i know side tubes on my car need loosening and sliding out to get to the jacking points but to totally remove them, and place them down on the road to be scratched is crazy designing Shocked

Post #393306 Fri Aug 30 2013 10:44am
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

After reading all the negative comments in this forum I have been put off the new RRS and am actively considering a 3.0V6 S/C XJ or even another similarly powered XF. Big Cry

Post #393310 Fri Aug 30 2013 10:54am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

nobody really has got their hands on the new one to have a really good go living with it and its new design, but as with anything the current design has been in production for quite a number of years and as they say people don't like change Wink

if YOU like the MY14 RRS then go ahead, but if your pondering on either contact James or Jeremy at Hadley Green they are also Jaguar dealers, but be warned they do good deals and that could be deadly as they also sell Bentleys Laughing

Post #393312 Fri Aug 30 2013 11:12am
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Had mine 3 weeks now and covered 1000 miles of mixed driving Very Happy Cool Thumbs Up

Impressions so far compared to my MY2012 SDV6;

Factually,
Technology (hugely advanced in terms of chassis, dynamic handling and much bigger and better brakes)
Faster (much)
Quieter (significantly)
More frugal (approx 6mpg better - 20%)
Dynamic road manners (much better)

Personal views,
Much better car all round, as it rightly should be given the amount JLR have spent on the R&D
I think it looks great but I don't think that it is as instantly recognizable as the previous generation, definitely a range rover as soon as you look at it but a fraction of a second to determine the model Neutral
Automatic tailgate opening and closing is great Cool
Great software that allows you to track your driving style including acceleration, braking and mpg (never heard much about this feature before I had the car, and I have read every published article on the NET and watched every video on YouTube)

Is it worth the extra money, well I don't know of any of the luxury Marques that are lowering the price (like for like) for their next generation products, although someone will no doubt put me right on this Embarassed

Would I rather go 2013 Full Fat or 2014 RRS? Absolutely RRS, better drive, cheaper and just as capable. Although the interior is oft said to be less luxurious, I think it is great and good enough to make me feel special and put a grin on my face every time I drive it.

These are just my observations/views after a few weeks of ownership, people have different personal tastes and requirements from their cars etc so only a one off but I think that the shape will grow on people over time.

Oh, and I don't have the deployable side steps but find it absolutely unacceptable if the above posts are correct in that you have to remove them for jacking!

Cheers, MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #393363 Fri Aug 30 2013 5:25pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Alan - what is the software? Is it an app for your iPhone? I seen a couple of pictures but never any confirmed apps and can't find anything on the App Store, but it did look fantastic! Even showed a 'find my sport' bit! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #393406 Sat Aug 31 2013 1:57am
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Big Pimp,

The software for the Eco driving etc is contained within the Extras tab at the bottom left of the home screen in the car. It has functions that let's you monitor your current driving style and scores it out of 1-5 for Economy, 5 being most Economic. It also lets you record this dat for current, last and 'best' journey, so you could monitor SWMBO's driving style Laughing just make sure you don't show her the function so she can monitor yours Shocked there are other functions I haven't used yet as well as a section on 'Eco driving Tips' I haven't used either. This all comes as standard with the Dynamic HSE, not sure about other models, as I mentioned, these functions have had little to no coverage in the Press, I think they are great (contribution to JLR's environmental conscience, bit like drinks companies shoving drinks down your throat through advertising but salving their social conscience by displaying Drink Aware logos) but may be old school compared to BMW or MErcedes etc?

There are some phone aps on the way including vehicle tracking but I would guess you will need a LR tracker device in the car and possibly a 3G connection in the car as well. I have been told that these re all spin off's from the new legislation that requires all cars produced/sold after April 2014 to have an 'emergency button' in case of accidents etc, but that is all I know. Maybe one of he more learned members might know more about this

http://www.ovalnews.com/2013/03/2014-range...sport.html this gives some more details re the new apps.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic, I still can't believe that you have to remove the deployable side steps for jacking, I will have to ask my stealer, shame because I would have specified them if I had the choice. MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #393409 Sat Aug 31 2013 6:57am
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks very much Alan,
It's the phone apps I'm most looking forward to if truth be told. That oval news page was the exact one I was thinking about MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #393491 Sun Sep 01 2013 9:15pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

A couple of posts above suggest that you can't jack the car up without taking off the side steps first. This was the case with the previous generation FFRR but LR seem to have finally noticed this and beefed up the step mountings to create new jacking points . The new RRS handbook states -

Note: If side steps or tubes are fitted, the jacking
points are located on the underside of the side
step or tube brackets.

Post #393504 Sun Sep 01 2013 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12