RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS or FFRR for similar money?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Chrisr1806

England 

It's a difficult question as I haven't driven either of them yet, but I would probably choose the RRS. The FFRR is too big for me. Whistle

Wouldn't mind if someone gave me one though! Wink Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #391745 Wed Aug 14 2013 11:50am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Cpd1 wrote:
4 to 1 in FFRR, must admit I was expecting more of a split crowd.
Dickie: would love to hear more about your reasons for switching. Cost of selling out FFRR is hopefully pretty low.

Playing with the configurator, I really struggle to get a SDV6 dynamic much lower than £77k and that's not including RSE, 22in wheels or other niceties, does include 5+2 tho.
So price gap to a FFRR like for like in terms of eqpt is 5-7k. Meaningful but if you go AB on RRS then really not that much.
Handling of RRS is awesome tho. Of course if one considers the only way to go on FFRR is SDV8 then the gap is a lot bigger Shocked

For me, it's more about the involvement in the drive. I've come back into LR ownership (after my TDV8 Sport in 2007) from much more impractical sports cars. As of April I've needed back seats, as the wife says that it was frowned upon to put an infant in the boot - shame as I think our daughter would have loved the Vantage's V8 howl at full chat!

When I got the FFRR it of course was a completely different drive, and I wasn't expecting it to be any different. Extremely luxurious though and have loved it for the last 5000 miles I've done to date. I've always preferred the look of the sport though and after driving the new Dynamic Sport I was seriously impressed. It genuinely is extremely close to being like a pretty capable road car. For me, and I stress for me, the RRS provides a much more enjoyable drive. Add to that the fact that for pretty much the same money as my 3L Vogue I can get a 3L Autobiography Sport, it seems a no brainer.

The Vogue is MASSIVE, although not sure the Sport is actually much smaller. The interior trim does take a slight step down, but then I'm not all that fussed about having everything encased in leather. The plastics in the RRS do seem to be the lower sections of the interior so not immediately noticeable. The split tailgate is a regret though, I do wish it was even an option on the RRS.

Interesting to hear most others would have a 'poverty' Vogue FFRR over a well specc'd RRS for similar money though. Personally I don't see it. What I think/hope I will be lucky with is the supply/demand issues at LR meaning that I'm looking at getting pretty much what I paid for the Vogue in Oct when the RRS arrives (give or take £1-2k).

Post #391794 Thu Aug 15 2013 8:15am
Cpd1

Thanks Dickie for taking the time replying with a very insightful post.
Agree with you re sports car my 911 was making perfect sense but somehow my better half never saw it that way.
In any case now that the little ones are a bit older my new role is taxi driver to their various activities.
E class estate is good size but can't get the mini back bench on the E63;)

To get the FFRR in proper specs means mid to high 80k and that starts becoming very dear for a 250bhp V6, next thing you know you are looking at the V8 as everybody says proper FF should only have a V8 no matter how good the V6 is...then that's another £10k, makes the RRS nearly good value. The appeal price at £50k is pointless as really the first decent model is the HSE Dynamic so starting price is £65k
Great for you to be able to sell your 405 at same price tho, that was a great way to drive for 6 months.

For me coming from many years of road/sport cars I feel the transition is also easier with the RRS. Never drove the previous gen FFRR but 405 was def good and so easy to drive but certainly lacking the more car like feeling of the RRS.

In terms of dimensions the 2 are actually exactly the same width, height is only 2 inches less. The main difference is length RRS being just shy of a foot shorter. Somehow tho the RRS feels a bit more manageable on UK roads.

Post #391870 Thu Aug 15 2013 3:48pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Just been killing some time in my dealer and side by side were a new RRS Autobiography and a new FFRR Vogue Mr. Green

RRS was £79k and Vogue was £78k so after sitting in both and admiring them decided given the choice I would have picked the Vogue - it looks the money - the RRS didn't IMHO Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #393177 Thu Aug 29 2013 4:31pm
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

FFRR all day long LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #393181 Thu Aug 29 2013 5:04pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

New sport for me any day of the week! 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #393247 Thu Aug 29 2013 9:45pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Agree with Muddy, I was also in the dealers comparing them side by side & I have to say the FF would be my choice. MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #393433 Sat Aug 31 2013 12:52pm
SRE

Spain 

I have had 2nd thoughts, I do like the FF, however it is just too big. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #393534 Mon Sep 02 2013 11:39am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I parked next to one yesterday at Castle Howard and it dwarfed mine - I was in access mode though Laughing

Saw 3 in the car park - most I've seen in one place outside the Cotswolds area Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #393535 Mon Sep 02 2013 11:45am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

By the sounds of it, JLR have priced the new sport so expensive so that people are now considering getting the FFRR. Shocked No doubt a sales ploy to sell more of the slower selling FFRR. Idea

Post #393545 Mon Sep 02 2013 1:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Cpd1 wrote:

Handling of RRS is awesome tho.

The real problem with the FFRR is that the boot seems to be smaller than it was. The new RRS boot seems to be ok though.

Well the boot issue is quite surprising and the new RRS is quite a disappointment ....(in the boot department )

...................Fig 1 normal.......... Fig2 ... Rear seat folded

Old RRS ....... 1) 958 Litres ...... 2) 2013 Litres Very Happy
New RRS ...... 1) 784 Litres ....... 2) 1761 Litres Big Cry
FFRR ........... 1) 909 Litres ....... 2) 2030 Litres Whistle

Not quite sure how LR have managed to pull off this remarkable feat of stupidity .....
The new RRS is longer... wider... higher.... with 15% less boot space than the old RRS.......
The Old RRS ... has similar boot space capacity to the new larger FFRR.... go figure !!!!
I´m edging closer every day to switching to the FF.... especially as I use my boot (all of it) every week !!! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Tue Sep 03 2013 8:37am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #393611 Mon Sep 02 2013 9:28pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I thought the boot was smaller on both new models Shocked

I struggle now with the old boot and will need to use roof box on new one Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #393643 Tue Sep 03 2013 8:08am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

muddywheels wrote:
I thought the boot was smaller on both new models Shocked

I struggle now with the old boot and will need to use roof box on new one Sad

I´m fairly sure these are the L322 capacities... converted from cu ft

rear seat up.......... 991 litres ........ rear seat down ..... 1755 litres

So its bigger with the rear seats up..... but most importantly 15% ish smaller with the rear seats folded
So the FF is a definite improvement overall.......
Time for me to sign up to FFRR !!!! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #393650 Tue Sep 03 2013 8:47am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

FFRR all the way Wink hehe 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #393663 Tue Sep 03 2013 9:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12