RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Order lead time ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Cpd1

Order lead time ?

All,

Curious to hear what your delivery dates are.
I switched my deposit from FFRR to RRS back in March, specced in June, late October delivery for a SDV6 AB 7 seats, the extra 2 seats delaying the order as prod start in October.
The ever optimistic LR crew at the R&D experience were talking about Apr/May 2014, not sure how accurate that is or wether they are over hyping things Wink
Haven't bothered calling around dealers as happy with Oct and if anything tempted to delay to March hoping few more gremlins will be fixed by then.
However interested in other experiences

Post #391004 Mon Aug 05 2013 8:59pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Deposit in January.
- Speced last month

5+2 Dynamic

Build and delivery in November. 2022 P440e AB

Post #391010 Mon Aug 05 2013 10:05pm
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I was also told that an order placed now would be delivery next April/May when I attended a ride and drive event last Thursday.

I have however been lucky enough to secure an HSE Dynamic with panoramic roof, and a few other extras and I am hopefully taking position on Wednesday this week. zhefully there will not be as many gremlins in the early delivery vehicles as many predict/fear.

It will be interesting to see how residuals will fare for the MY 2014 RRS over the next 12 months given the experience with the Evoque and the 2013 FFRR. MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #391013 Mon Aug 05 2013 10:30pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Alan what have the residuals been like on the other models and what are the thoughts on the residuals for the new sport 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #391022 Tue Aug 06 2013 6:33am
Alan61

Hi Viper,

The residuals on the Evoque have been relatively strong, I understand that supply has now caught up with demand for the Dynamic and Prestige models but there is still a significant waiting time for the Pure, hence higher residual values. But the new 9 speed auto box is due later this year so not sure how this will affect residuals.

In the case of the 2013 FFRR used models seem to be advertised at 10-15% above list? This I would imagine makes any current owner happy should they wish/need to sell at the current time and with the waiting list at 14 months I would think this status will continue for some time.

Given the unanimously positive reviews to date in the press and Landrovers advanced order book for the new 2014 RRS I am hoping that residual values will be strong or some time, but who knows. I was told by my Dealer that residual values for the MY 2012 models are strong at the moment since production has stopped and with the price differential of the new model.

Of course I am by no means an expert and the above are only my views, could be a lot of tosh Rolling Eyes in the longer term anything could happen i guess. I would be interested in the views of more experienced members Bow down MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
Various BMW's, Audis
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #391023 Tue Aug 06 2013 6:57am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I'll be selling my L405 FFRR in October when I take delivery of my SDV6 Autobiography. I got it back in May and from looking at current L405 values, I'm not looking at losing too much when I switch - not sure I'll make anything on it or break even though.

Post #391024 Tue Aug 06 2013 7:32am
Alan61

That's great news Dickie, imagine what the depreciation hit would have been if it had the previous model. My current MY2012 HSE has cost me approximately £1k per month for the last 19 months of ownership, typical for the model I know, so good to hear that some early purchasers of the new models can experience lower ownership costs even if it does mean changing within a year. MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
Various BMW's, Audis

Post #391026 Tue Aug 06 2013 8:14am
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

After a test drive last week the dealer told me delivery wouldn't be until May/June 2014 if I ordered straight away!

Post #391031 Tue Aug 06 2013 8:52am
Cpd1

Thanks for the replies. Very interesting, as Alan demonstrated, despite a 9 month leadtime party line, seems that one can still get a car very quickly.
Suppose it is heavily dependent on dealer and location. When I initially put a deposit down in Sep 12 for a FFRR I had few opportunities to get a Feb/May and Sep 13 delivery along the way. I was keen to wait for the RRS and in no rush as I was aiming for Sep 13 delivery anyway. When I last checked in May I was told leadtime for FFRR was around 5 months.
Do keep posts going pls as very interesting to hear the stories.
I think production numbers are going to be pretty big on the RRS and the cost a lot higher than the Egoque so doubt the 1 year lead time will hold true.

Post #391052 Tue Aug 06 2013 2:49pm
mse

United Kingdom 

As ever it depends what you want.

There are vehicles ordered and not sold, some already ordered and have a slot, some cancelled orders etc etc

If you want one, there might be one in the network that isnt sold and thus you can get it sooner (or a slot that is pending production with no owner...ive been offered one of these type a lot sooner than next year, but im not buying).

I dont think they are near the issues with the evoque (ie running out and not able to keep up with orders)- they are also already running 24/7 in a current environment on a current car with good staff levels, its just going to be the usual world wide new car distribution along with those who want to order one to their spec. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391060 Tue Aug 06 2013 3:08pm
viper

Alan have you picked up your new sport look forward to hearing what you think of ownership compared with your previous car after a few weeks living with it also look forward to ssing some pics Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #391150 Wed Aug 07 2013 3:27pm
Alan61

Hi Viper, picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I was told that the dealers are having to take longer prepping and PDI'ing the new sports and feeding Any issues found back to landrover, I think that some of these early cars need software updates etc. at first I was a bit concerned when I heard this but I guess I would rather the job was done properly rather than rushing it. I will post some pics once I learn how to Embarassed I was clearing my current MY2012 of all the paper work and odds and ends, that seems to collect in your car,today and it is looking great, I will really miss it, lets hope the new model lives up to the hype and my first impressions of driving the demonstrators. MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
Various BMW's, Audis

Post #391168 Wed Aug 07 2013 6:25pm
viper

Alan im sure it will i was really impressed after the test drive good luck today and enjoy Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #391208 Thu Aug 08 2013 6:32am
Baco

Belgium 

I ordered early July, production will be November for a December delivery

Post #391591 Tue Aug 13 2013 8:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1