RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Do the rear seats fold flat...or don't they?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Yup, a time when we told computers what to do, look at when things failed on Apollo 13 and how they managed to get those guys back to earth.......now it seems the other way around with computers ruling us Rolling Eyes ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #390611 Thu Aug 01 2013 12:57pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The decision to have non-fold flat seats probably follows the same marketing logic that gave us the optional off road ability. They've probably carried out focus groups and got the answer "oh, I very seldom use the vehicle as a load carrier" and so decided that fold flat seats aren't worth worrying about. Probably had lots of urban school-run mums in the groups and very few rural / off roading / farming types.

LR are probably looking at the Asian markets too - I bet your typical Chinese buyer won't use his Sport to take things to the tip or to go off road anywhere. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #390619 Thu Aug 01 2013 2:31pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I buy RRīs for 3 main reasons... in no particular order..
(and reliability is noticeably not one of them!! Laughing )

1: Prestige Still does it
2: Off road Now optional
3. Practicality Obviously not high on their priority list any more

And ill still buy one because the alternatives arenīt that much better and they are not RRīs 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #390621 Thu Aug 01 2013 2:49pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I would have swore that an option was the fold flat rear seats, at Ģ100 but I cannot for the life of me find it!

I'll speak to my dealer as I ordered it originally. MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #390622 Thu Aug 01 2013 2:50pm
Carlo RA

Italy 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

I hope it's just the fact that they were crushed not enough.
Perhaps, with the weight of the load, they become more flat ... Rolling Eyes

Post #390624 Thu Aug 01 2013 3:00pm
Beancounter_74

England 

big pimp wrote:
I would have swore that an option was the fold flat rear seats, at Ģ100 but I cannot for the life of me find it!

I'll speak to my dealer as I ordered it originally.

You sure that's not the 'through load' option as that's Ģ100 too Idea ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #390628 Thu Aug 01 2013 3:46pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Ive been playing with a few today again...the inability to not load flat is a big deal day to day, ive used this many times. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390635 Thu Aug 01 2013 5:44pm
gmilner

Australia 

Yes, I think LR may have underestimated this. The fold-flat function of the current RRS is a big reason I bought the car in the first place. The lack of it detracts dramatically from the usefulness of the new model. It bemuses me as to why it wasn't considered and implemented at least as an option.
The Chinese may not want it. But much of the rest of the world, footballers' wives excepted, would probably find it something of a deal-breaker. Greg Milner
Perth, Western Australia

2010 RRS 3.0. For towing boats and bashing corrugated outback roads.
2007 Audi TT Quattro (wife's shopping cart. Time to go)
2013 Polo GTI (wife's new shopping cart.)
2007 Holden Caprice V8 ('cos it's not worth selling it)

Post #390688 Fri Aug 02 2013 2:38pm
andman

gmilner wrote:
Yes, I think LR may have underestimated this. The fold-flat function of the current RRS is a big reason I bought the car in the first place. The lack of it detracts dramatically from the usefulness of the new model. It bemuses me as to why it wasn't considered and implemented at least as an option.
The Chinese may not want it. But much of the rest of the world, footballers' wives excepted, would probably find it something of a deal-breaker.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #390693 Fri Aug 02 2013 3:36pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'm not so sure Greg, I think they'll sell the new RRS as fast as they can build them. There are enough people out there who buy these vehicles for the badge alone and don't really care about anything else. Load lugging, towing capacity, off road ability are all irrelevant to these sort of people.

The Cayenne is evidence that the market cares less about the stuff that matters to some us. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #390697 Fri Aug 02 2013 4:38pm
mse

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I'm not so sure Greg, I think they'll sell the new RRS as fast as they can build them. There are enough people out there who buy these vehicles for the badge alone and don't really care about anything else. Load lugging, towing capacity, off road ability are all irrelevant to these sort of people.

The Cayenne is evidence that the market cares less about the stuff that matters to some us.

Yes but what happens, is a general erosion and increase in the slow slagging off that leads people away.

Also say i dont buy a new sport, ok that's 1 person - no biggie. Say I tell 10 people of the stupid reasons i wont buy one...thats 11 people I probably have better influence over than an advert.

Say i then buy a jeep (and ive looked Shocked ) and leave, what are the chances of my return - easier or more difficult than retaining me to begin with?

Its supposed to be an iterative process to success, that builds, develops innovates etc - no point someone buying a sport then selling it a year later because it doesnt do what they expected it to do.

I think now more than ever, people walk and dont come back - brand loyalty is not a garuntee Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390699 Fri Aug 02 2013 4:57pm
andman

mse wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

The Cayenne is evidence that the market cares less about the stuff that matters to some us.

Yes but what happens, is a general erosion and increase in the slow slagging off that leads people away.

Also say i dont buy a new sport, ok that's 1 person - no biggie. Say I tell 10 people of the stupid reasons i wont buy one...thats 11 people I probably have better influence over than an advert.

Say i then buy a jeep (and ive looked Shocked ) and leave, what are the chances of my return - easier or more difficult than retaining me to begin with?

Its supposed to be an iterative process to success, that builds, develops innovates etc - no point someone buying a sport then selling it a year later because it doesnt do what they expected it to do.

I think now more than ever, people walk and dont come back - brand loyalty is not a garuntee

SPOT ON

Absolutely... Brand loyalty is the most powerful sales tool a manufacturer has...... A virtual guaranteed sale at no cost !!!!
(Advertising, marketing, launches etc)

Stupidity ... is having a successful formula... changing it and not being true to the core values that brought that success !!

Progress ....is about innovation.... innovation usually is not about taking steps backwards...

I am seriously looking at my proposed purchase again... and looking at other marques.... I am sure iīm not alone in this.....
What business wants a customer ever doing that.... allbeit I still will probably end up with a RRS.. or FFRR
3 years down the road... sales certainly wonīt be as strong as they are today.. and who knows what else may have come to the market....
I guess they can always re introduce the flat folding seats..... maybe itīs all part of the marketing !!! Whistle Whistle 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #390703 Fri Aug 02 2013 6:01pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

I don't think the seats in a Disco 4 fold anything like flat, it is handy to have though, i'll probably miss the flat boot floor. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #390717 Fri Aug 02 2013 8:40pm
oldcro

Scotland 

I believe the Transit van has a flat floor. Rolling with laughter

Post #390721 Fri Aug 02 2013 9:53pm
mse

United Kingdom 

simonsti wrote:
I don't think the seats in a Disco 4 fold anything like flat, it is handy to have though, i'll probably miss the flat boot floor.

The disco I looked to buy to replace the sport did. My current disco seats fold fully forward leaving a fully flat bay and my range rover does....even fords do! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390722 Fri Aug 02 2013 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>