RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Just had a look
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black
Just had a look

Popped into our local dealer for a nosey at the new RRS. They had 3 in the showroom. It does look fantastic in the flesh. They also had a couple of the current model side by side so comparison was pretty easy. The panel fit and general quality looked to be miles better, only 3 things bugged me
1, no upper glovebox and storage, so the driver can't just chuck things over into it.
2, start button is positioned at the top of the dash, so you have to reach round to start it
3, the steering wheel buttons for radio and phone are a bit clumsy and are on pods, so setting cruise or changing radio channels is not as easy.
Overall I am impressed, I brought up the gripe about doing away with the 50/50 diff split, and the dealer said LR had done the research and come to the conclusion that since 95% never see off road or severe conditions they decided that they would focus on the onroad handling, but did say that everyone who has ordered one has gone for the £400 low ratio gearbox.......
I am pretty sure I will be ordering one.........in 2015! Laughing but as usual with these things once I see a few on the road I will probably end up changing next year when the 3 ltr poverty spec one is released!

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #390055 Fri Jul 26 2013 4:48pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Just had a look

codfather wrote:
I brought up the gripe about doing away with the 50/50 diff split, and the dealer said LR had done the research and come to the conclusion that since 95% never see off road or severe conditions they decided that they would focus on the onroad handling, but did say that everyone who has ordered one has gone for the £400 low ratio gearbox.......

Ah the joys of focus groups. Presumably the yanks use their RRS more away from tarmac as they have better options in this area. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #390062 Fri Jul 26 2013 5:42pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

And it's £10k cheaper over there Evil or Very Mad MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #390079 Fri Jul 26 2013 8:42pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Yes, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Whistle Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #390081 Fri Jul 26 2013 8:48pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't be surprised if the spec changes as it did in the current sport, overtime...more stuff as standard. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #390093 Fri Jul 26 2013 10:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1