RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > SUPERCHARGED MODS!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Adamsrrs

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
SUPERCHARGED MODS!

Hi guys,
I have just bought my first rrs supercharged and I am looking at heavily modifying the engine and want it sounding throaty! Anyone help me on what company or mods to go for! Would really appreciate it as not an expert on the rrs modifying companies.
Pics would be great if any of you have modded yours.
Thanks.

Post #455878 Sat Mar 14 2015 11:47pm
crammy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

I was looking to make mine sound a bit deeper. I wasn't going to mod the engine but just buy a descent exhaust.
have a search on here. i was going to get one of these but will have to wait now as other commitments have started

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Range-R...lletin.htm

Jay

Post #455924 Sun Mar 15 2015 1:16pm
Adamsrrs

Yeh sounds nice FairPlay. I suppose the more I mod the engine then the deeper the exhaust is probably going to sound. I'm looking at upgrading the supercharger, rads, Ecu remap, modify the block,exhaust etc trying to get the bhp up as much as possible. Ill have to change certain things like brakes prob but don't want to much bhp if its going to do damage to the box etc. How do you find the power on your rrs?

Post #455925 Sun Mar 15 2015 1:26pm
crammy

I wouldn't want to play around with mine as it's low milage and untouched. Only 27000 on the clock. I think it has plenty of power and pulls like a train considering its 2.5 tonne.

Post #455931 Sun Mar 15 2015 2:22pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Hi Guys,

I see you're both running pre 2010 RRSs so the engine/ exhaust modifications I've had done are applicable Wink

Firstly, I had the ECU retuned to provide more bhp, I wasn't concerned with fuel consumption as fuel here is dirt cheap Very Happy I've tried finding the company who did it but to no avail yet. I'll keep looking though.

From the same company I got a revised SC pulley and exhaust system, plus a free flow air filter.

With it all fitted the garage here estimated I was running 450+ bhp, compared to the stock 390. I can't confirm this but compared to a mate's 2007 RRS SC I was significantly quicker of the line and in acceleration. Never tried it against a 2010+ RRS though.

I then changed the exhaust to a Quicksilver one because there was a droning between 1500 -2000 rpm on the original exhaust. Unfortunately the QS one also had the same despite them stating the opposite. The droning is so loud at times you can barely talk in the car... Didn't get my money back and also found the chrome tip to the exhausts had rusted despite a life time warranty... So all-in-all not a fan of QS and wouldn't buy from them again.

There are plenty of sites that offer ECU tuning as well as SC pulley conversions and also exhausts. For the ECU I'd look at forum sponsors, ditto for the exhaust. Also have a search on here. Several members have removed various silencers/ resonators from the OEM exhaust to get a bit more bark from the exhaust.

Hope this gives you some pointers.

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #456004 Mon Mar 16 2015 4:54am
Si-W85

I too have just bought a supercharged (Saturday) I am booked in for some exhaust mods as a friend has the 5.0 with just the centre box cut out and it sounds amazing so for now that is what I will be doing until I get the HST or Autobiography kit then will fit a full stainless with the HST tips, I have also booked in for a 10% pulley upgrade on the supercharger.

Post #456968 Mon Mar 23 2015 9:07pm
Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I'm not sure what the policy is for posting website links so I wont, but I live in Somerset and have come across one of the best exhaust manufacturers out there.

NHR longlife.

They custom make the exhaust out of full stainless and also use stainless tig welds (if you want the top of the line that is), the custom make the exhaust to fit any vehicle. Nothing is off the shelf, all exhausts are built from scratch. You decide on everything, tips, volume, single, twin or quad outlets. Obviously the price varies dependent on what you want.
But for my RRS-SC it was £699

All the exhausts come with a lifetime warranty (rubber mounts etc are obviously not part of the warranty) and the staff there are really friendly and knowledgeable.

I would highly recommend them to anyone who can get to them.

They do engine re-maps too, I intend to get one but haven't got round to it yet. They also undertake other mods such as pulley upgrades for the supercharger.

Post #457089 Wed Mar 25 2015 9:31am
Si-W85

Longlife is a franchise throughout the country so there are a lot of people who offer the longlife exhausts a friend of mine is just about to start doing it from his garage, so my sc is going to be one of the first he does and he is a real perfectionist I got him to do all the mods on my previous car which was a heavily modified Audi which also had a fully custom exhaust built by a long life trader.

Click image to enlarge

Post #457092 Wed Mar 25 2015 9:41am
crammy

thanks for the info. I also thought quicksilver were pretty good but ill give that a miss then. just looked into the longlife exhaust as never heard of them. Turns out there is a dealer 2 miles from my house which is a result so will pop in and see them tomorrow. They are called AMD tuning and i have always noticed they have top end cars outside every time i go to screwfix. Has anyone ever used them

Post #457106 Wed Mar 25 2015 11:20am
Si-W85

Crammy I am from Huddersfield and even I have heard good things about AMD tuning so I guess you won't go far wrong by going to them.

Post #457128 Wed Mar 25 2015 1:45pm
crammy

cheers mate. ill pop in for a price

Post #457132 Wed Mar 25 2015 2:42pm
Adamsrrs

Thanks for all the help guys. Ive found a local company that will do the exhaust. I used to have a longlife exhaust on my e46 m3 and loved the noise. The owner of the company i found used to work for longlife but now has his own business and undercuts them so im well happy!! Thumbs Up . Anyone got pics of your rrs? What sort of mpg's are you getting because mine seems to be struggling to get to 20mpg as it says it does. Rolling with laughter

Post #459103 Tue Apr 14 2015 3:35am
RRS 1977

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi can anyone give me some advice on converting my 2005 4.2 supercharger to LPG ! And if there are and bad things I need to know and also a garage recommendation near darlington would be helpfull thanks! Razz

Post #460458 Sun Apr 26 2015 8:05am
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic38340.html?highlight=lpg

here you go a bit of info re lpg

Post #460472 Sun Apr 26 2015 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1