Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > CrapStones - Burnham LR/ Jag
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MJF

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
CrapStones - Burnham LR/ Jag

Well where do I start.

I bought my 58 Reg RRSport in Jan, its a TDV8 HSE.

After finishing the paper work late afternoon. I drive the car out approx 1750hrs. I drive 1 mile to my friends who lives near the dealership for dinner.

1) Chipped Windscreen. Whilst he is looking and admiring my new car he spots a large stone chip in the Windscreen just under the wiper blade where the windscreen is black.

2) No Insurance. I get a call from the dealer who just sold me my car to tell me that the weeks courtesy insurance isn’t valid, (which I needed as I already had a car and hadn’t sold it yet) as Land Rover wont insure me. I ask why as I’m 29, iv held a licence for more then 3 years, no points or convictions ever! He said I’m not told why!! So I say to him you have let me drive out the dealership uninsured on the open road, and let me leave my £40.000+ car on the side of the road? Dealer said Er yeah sorry!

3) Floor Mats. When I viewed the car, it had front and rear floor mats when I get the car home I notice no floor mats. So I called the dealer and said where are the floor mats? which he says oh they don’t come as standard they are a £90 extra. I said iv just spent a lot of money on the car and the least I expect is floor mats!! After much debate he brandished me with the floor mats.

4) Side Steps. I ordered side steps at a cost of over £600. I was told they would need to order them in and fit them. They said it would take 2 weeks so come back then. Which I did. As I go back in for the second time to have them done they said oh we are so sorry we have ordered the 2010 model side steps so we will have to re order them, which of course will take a further 10 days. So a month after having my car they finally put the side steps on. Oh by the way this was suppose to have been done before I drove the car away when I first bought it. Also the side steps wasn’t purely a vanity thing. I quite often run my elderly grandfather around and he really has trouble getting in and out without them. No real apology from dealer.

5) Spare Key. When I took delivery of the car they only gave me one key, I asked where the second one was as i said it surly should come with a spare? Oh yeah sorry let me just look. he comes back out and says oh the dealer up north where the car has come from hasn’t sent it but as soon as he does we will forward it to you. I say ok let me know. so a week goes by, NO call or email I call after trying 6 time and leaving a number of messages. Oh yeah we have received the key come and pick it up as we don’t like to post them. Ok I agree baring in mind I live 31 miles from the dealer, so a round trip of 62miles and 2.5 hours of my time. when I get there the dealer comes out with 3 different keys and says oh it will be one of these. I said ok so he tries all 3 and sure enough none of them work. I said so now what? Oh we will chase them up and get back to you. 10 days later I call and ask where this key is only to be told that no one can find it and they will have to cut me a new key. I said after a long sigh when will I be able to collect the new key? Oh you will first have to come in and we will have to make a copy as we don’t have your transponder codes on file, then come back a week later and you will have to come in to pick the new key up. i told him I though this was outrageous as its a total waste of my time and money to take days of work to keep coming up (I’m Self employed) Dealer said Er nuffin I can do on that one mate!

6) Odometer. They had put the mileage on my paper work to Land Rover up and incorrect by well over a 1000 miles only after I showed them my original paper work and their paper work and the car’s Odometer reading which was still under the mileage that they said they car had. Did they rectify the paper work. This is obviously a big worry to me as if I hadn’t noticed it. And sold it, it would have looked like I clocked the car!!

After not getting anywhere with the sales person who dealt with me I called the dealer principle and thought he might like to know what was going on in his dealership. I explained all that was going on and the problems I had been having with the car. He said he would get back to me after he spoke to the sales person.

He didn’t the sales person called me to pass on his message to tell me that if I claimed on my insurance, they would pay the £70 excess oh and he would give me a free Valet.

Needless to say I wasn’t a satisfied customer, and would not be giving them anymore of my future business.

Last edited by MJF on Wed Apr 07 2010 4:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261862 Sat Apr 03 2010 8:33am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

So what are you not happy with Question

Whistle Laughing Sorry to hear of your troubles

Post #261868 Sat Apr 03 2010 9:43am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

thanks for posting - its a shame yet again that some dealers don't make car purchasing a delightful experience

Kaine

Post #261871 Sat Apr 03 2010 10:14am
MJF

Yeah,

If I didnt like driving the car so much. I would honestly never buy another car from LR again.

Post #261873 Sat Apr 03 2010 10:30am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Welkom to LAND ROVER land,

where shamelessness, ignorants and incompetence is king.

This is the way it's done around here at most dealers, European wide!!!!!

Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep

Is's funny, they always show that kind of behaviour AFTER you have already paid.

If i would perform like this in my job, i wouldn't see tomorrow.

Yes yes, i know, Lookers is the big exception. SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #261875 Sat Apr 03 2010 12:11pm
MJF

Skywalker,

Im sadly starting to see that the dealers have absolute contempt from the owners, maybe its cos they only drive them when there boss says they can take one of the customers cars home for then night.

But considering most RR Sports arnt under £45K why do they treat us so badly??

Anyway....

Post #261892 Sat Apr 03 2010 6:11pm
Wenners

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

MJF

I bought my car from there a week ago and in the 3 weeks from me putting my deposit down to collection they sorted absolutely none of the cosmetic things they were supposed to attend to. I am now having to get the work done myself and claim the money back from them.

Did not get any floor mats, asked, nothing.

If you want my advice, do not let their valeters anywhere near your car. They made an awful job of mine and I have a suspicion they actually made it worse although I can't prove this.

Their idea of clean is awful, it took me 3 hours to clean the inside of my car the day after I picked it up!!!!!!!!

Love the car, loathe the service.

Post #261919 Sat Apr 03 2010 11:28pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Is it the same with Stratstone Mayfair ? 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #261923 Sun Apr 04 2010 12:32am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

In my experience cant offer much hope, they get your money then you on your own! purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #261925 Sun Apr 04 2010 12:55am
MJF

Wenner,

Sorry to hear that mate, but not at all suprised! My sales person was Steve and the finance guy was Andy, once they got you signed up and car sold. they showed zero intrest. This is a problem across the whole of the Stratstones company, not just with Stratstones LR Burnham.

I drove my mates BMW (Misguided man) 5 Series into Stratstones BMW in slough and I got the same shiit servie even though me/my mate spent £1150 on a service.

They are far to comfy resting on there lorrals... I think we need to vote with our feet and money!

Last edited by MJF on Wed Apr 07 2010 4:35pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261928 Sun Apr 04 2010 7:09am
XUJG

quantz wrote:
Is it the same with Stratstone Mayfair ?

Read my previous posting!

Post #262087 Mon Apr 05 2010 8:48pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Johngilham wrote:
quantz wrote:

Read my previous posting!

Question 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #262088 Mon Apr 05 2010 8:52pm
MJF

Johngilham,

Not sure what you ment?

M

Post #262145 Tue Apr 06 2010 2:02pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

quantz wrote:

I purchased mine from them, seemed very good to me but mine was new in 06 so nothing should of been wrong (mind you £450 to hard wire the Road Angel Shocked Shocked ). The salesman that was there retired a few moths after typical old school sales man, fantastic guy.

The dealer I used locally sounds about the same as the others.

Are LR dealers all the same!!!!!....May be not as have had lots a good feed back on the forum regarding James's lot. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #262159 Tue Apr 06 2010 6:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Misery wrote:
quantz wrote:

I purchased mine from them, seemed very good to me but mine was new in 06 so nothing should of been wrong (mind you £450 to hard wire the Road Angel Shocked Shocked ). The salesman that was there retired a few moths after typical old school sales man, fantastic guy.

The dealer I used locally sounds about the same as the others.

Are LR dealers all the same!!!!!....May be not as have had lots a good feed back on the forum regarding James's lot. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #262168 Tue Apr 06 2010 6:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>