RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Supagard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Supagard

Have finally ordered the Bonatti Grey TDV6 HSE Very Happy for Dec delivery (Sad wish it could be earlier) and the dealer offered me Supagard to protect the paintwork alloys and leather etc... for £460... I said I would think about it first..

Has anyone got Supagard on their vehicle, does it help prevent stonechips etc.. ? is it worth it ?

Post #1806 Sat Aug 20 2005 12:49pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

It wont help stonechips - just meant to save polishing the car. I've tried to find any reference to these products on the internet from users who have tried this or any of the other brands (and there are loads of them) that do/claim the same.
My Land Rover dealer offered me this too for about the same price. I then said no and the price dropped to around £250 (from memory), but I declined again. It then just looked like a money making gimmick - if they could drop the price that much.

I see that VW dealers are offering the same type of product from AutoGlym. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1810 Sun Aug 21 2005 1:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

thanks for the reply mpwox11 - based on your response and my hunch I think I'll give it a miss... I was looking on pistonheads forum a while back when dreaming of the v8 vantage ... (aahh I wish) - and users there were talking about several different products to help clean and protect thier super expensive sports cars...supagard was definately not mentioned ...

Speaking of the LR dealer, I do quite a lot of negotiating at work and was disappointed with myself that I could not ** even ** squeeze free car mats after spending 45k on the car ! (I guess they are in quite high demand so am willing to pay the premium and not walk away)... but the fact the dealers then try and "sell" additional things like supagard and further insurance cover instantly turned me off.. Quid pro quo I guess...

Post #1812 Sun Aug 21 2005 11:46am
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red
Supagard

I've had it on a Porsche 996 and thought it was a waste of money. This was confirmed with my wife's Peugot 206 GTI180 which we picked up nearly new with Supagard as part of the original owners order, again I have seen no real advantage whatsoever and I certainly would not bother wasting the money again.

Enjoy your new car – when it arrives! 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #1816 Sun Aug 21 2005 3:48pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I too would say its is a waste of money, I had it on earlier Cabriolets, then decided not to have it on the S4 and can so I saw no difference . I wont be ordering it for my new sport! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2045 Tue Aug 30 2005 4:18pm
rhodyrover

United States 

I also had a protective film on the front of my earlier car (MINI). It helped with the small bits but larger stones still pitted the paint. It also was a pain when waxing. 2006 RRS HSE, Chawton White, Alpaca with Cherry Wood Trim (Luxury Interior Pkg)

Previously: 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE

Post #2047 Tue Aug 30 2005 4:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1