RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Site News & Feedback > Some forum feedback and farewell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

zaytar

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Some forum feedback and farewell

A few weeks ago I sold my Supercharged RRS. It was immaculate and I had had two years of utterly enjoyable and trouble free ownership, however I'd scratched the 4x4 V8 itch and it was time for a change (I wanted to go back to something more sporty). Before trading in I posted an advert in the for sale section of this forum, it was deleted. I understand this was because I had not posted enough times on the forum. Please let me be clear, I would love to have contributed more to the forum, but I like reading the posts of other members more (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Any of my queries had previously been experienced or resolved by others, hence the 'search' function always did the job for me. I accepted the deletion and passed the car directly back into trade for exactly the same price I had advertised here for. A trader now has on sale for £4k more. I am not suggesting someone here would have wanted it, but if they did and my car fit the bill, they would have to pay £4k more for it.

As the car went back to trade I removed some bits e.g. RLD wheel protector, McGard wheel nuts, LR bootliner and LR mats. I want to now clear my shed, and I am not looking to make profit because i really dont need, i just would prefer fellow forum users to potentially benefit. I know these to be items sought after by owners, but i cannot offer here. So I placed the items on eBay. Already there are numerous watchers, being an auction no doubt they will sell for more than what I would have offered here. I did post the links in the eBay section here, and again these were deleted. I understand that I have not posted enough times and cannot promote own links.

I know everyone wont agree with me, but fellow forum members have been unable to potentially benefit from these offers. I appreciate that the forum must by administered and kept clear of traders etc. however i cant help feel that one of the main benefits of a forum has been defeated here. I have been registered on the site for over a year and visited almost daily.

I've really enjoyed visiting this informative forum for the last couple of years, and will still pop in for a look around once in a while.

Thanks all for keeping this serial viewer informed and entertained. Happy and safe motoring.

Cheers. 2007 RRS Supercharged

Post #387838 Thu Jul 04 2013 10:57pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Such a shame you ended up in this position - a few emoticons expressing your reaction to posts and you could have met your quota and be selling your stuff on here Sad

Where there's a will there's a way but if you've made up your mind then I hope it all works out Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #387840 Thu Jul 04 2013 11:09pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

A few seconds reading the rules before posting up your ads and links and you'd have seen that you can always PM me for an exemption - which I pretty much always grant after making sure all is OK.

The rules are fair and you should have got in touch rather than just posting anyway, or got in touch after post removal Confused Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Last edited by Martin on Thu Jul 04 2013 11:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #387843 Thu Jul 04 2013 11:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Or you could have PM'd Martin - I should of said that too Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #387845 Thu Jul 04 2013 11:24pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sadly the only real way to quantify whether a poster is a genuine member is by the number of posts. It sounds like the forum worked well for you as you visited daily. Unfortunately the for sale section would be awash with unrelated classifieds if these rules were not in place. Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #387852 Fri Jul 05 2013 6:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

For those that don't want to read his parting words, he says

"I searched on here but didnt join in and help others or contribute and didn't want to pay eBay fees, it's not fair I couldn't sell my things for free Big Cry "

Laughing

Post #387853 Fri Jul 05 2013 6:53am
PEACHY

England 

Other forums charge for non members to advertise Shocked 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #387866 Fri Jul 05 2013 9:30am
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
For those that don't want to read his parting words, he says

"I searched on here but didnt join in and help others or contribute and didn't want to pay eBay fees, it's not fair I couldn't sell my things for free Big Cry "

Laughing

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

That did make me laugh Bow down MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #387868 Fri Jul 05 2013 9:38am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #387869 Fri Jul 05 2013 9:40am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Rules is rules Thumbs Up FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #387881 Fri Jul 05 2013 10:46am
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

you heartless bas Censored rds Laughing Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #387884 Fri Jul 05 2013 10:50am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

He's trying to give some honest feedback to help the forum. Perhaps the rules can be modified to include not only posts but also time since joining. He's been registered for a couple of years. There are a huge number of people out there who need contribute to this (and other) forums but have gained tremendous knowledge. They don't have anything new to contribute in terms of answers, so they don't.
Should they be punished for that....?

I don't have an answer, but personally I always applaud people who provide feedback and in his case I think he's not ranted, but jut posted his experience.
He could have PM'd Martin of course, but time served maybe could be looked upon before infant deletion.

Just saying...... Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #387888 Fri Jul 05 2013 11:11am
TrevG

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Well said Bodsy..Thumbs Up'

Post #387918 Fri Jul 05 2013 3:55pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

My earlier post was meant to be helpful - Npinks was hilarious Embarassed

However your post makes a fair point Bodsy and if he had contacted Martin I'm sure the number of posts would have been waived in view length of time on here Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #387928 Fri Jul 05 2013 5:15pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

The feedback is welcomed, ultimately we have a policy that the OP didn't read and didn't follow.

The forum and its ads are totally FREE (eBay charge 10% of sale price or more, remember) and all I ask is a contribution to the community - and not financially, but in terms of input and discussion.

Those of you who are regular here know there are lots of ads posted by brand new or low posting members, it's simply not a good use of my time to chase up every one of those to determine if they are genuine or not and should be exempted.

All it requires is a little effort from the posters of ads like this (the site does actually prompt for this as well as prominently link to the FS&W rules).

I can't automatically trade off "time served" for number of posts, and there are bound to always be people outside of that anyway.

A quick PM to be able to use the free ads here is all it requires.

Martin Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #388099 Mon Jul 08 2013 9:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>