RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2014 Spec Comparison and About to Order...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

PauloAmore

Scotland 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Having said all of that, I've always thought the idea of speccing a vehicle based on what the next owner will want is an odd concept. You're buying it from new - buy the vehicle you want and if that means it costs a few quid more over the 2 or 3 years you own it then that's just another cost of ownership.

I'm just a value guy... If i'm going to get bashed mega on a new car, i'd lease it or wait. Like the BMW F10 LCI (2014) model. CRazy to buy. Very cheap to lease...

I'm hoping that the RRS is a low depreciator in year 1.
- Q5 holds 75% of its value in 3 years. Unreal. But can I see the 2014 RRS holding that much value in year 3... no. Reason being that it costs too much... And won't be rare. 2022 P440e AB

Post #386784 Sun Jun 23 2013 9:45pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

mse wrote:
People do buy all land rovers for the off road capability, you would be surprised. Even if they don't use it

Sure - thats why i bought mine...

But my RRS SC is a rocket ship. Has gone everywhere i need (in deep snow etc) and i have never needed terrain response 2 (i know if i'm on snow or mud) nor torque vectoring....

That's my point (that i'm making badly)...

Will the Dynamic pack be that much better than my 05 in terms of me getting around?
- hope so... just not sure... that its worth 15k over the SE spec...

trick might be to take the SE with the glass and dvds etc... or Censored it.... i'll own it for 7 years, like my last one...
- or will i want out to get the hybrid or the 4.4... 2022 P440e AB

Post #386786 Sun Jun 23 2013 9:50pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I mean this nicely... Do you understand what you are no longer getting with a HSE?

No low range, no terrain response 2, no dynamic setting, reduced options for some terrain response settings...it will be like having a freelander Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #386789 Sun Jun 23 2013 10:00pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

mse wrote:
I mean this nicely... Do you understand what you are no longer getting with a HSE?

Smile

Maybe i don't.... I guess I don't.

Do you think it will be worse than an 05 spec RRS SC? Big Cry 2022 P440e AB

Post #386790 Sun Jun 23 2013 10:02pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I should add...I'm almost sure the new sport, to get a spec that it should be and should be for me/my use...is unfortunately a waste of money and not worth the money.

If the HSE had what a LR and actually a range rover should have as standard at the new HSE price then I would most likely be in.

It's sad that my feedback (and others) was that a range rover should have MORE as standard not less Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #386792 Sun Jun 23 2013 10:04pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

mse wrote:
I should add...I'm almost sure the new sport, to get a spec that it should be and should be for me/my use...is unfortunately a waste of money and not worth the money.

Is there another car that does make sense?
- or are you thinking Disco 5 next year? 2022 P440e AB

Post #386794 Sun Jun 23 2013 10:17pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I'm not sure about a disco 5 it's not something that's been launched etc... Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #386796 Sun Jun 23 2013 11:00pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

mse wrote:
I'm not sure about a disco 5 it's not something that's been launched etc...

I know it's not launched yet. But pencilled in for next year. it will be cheaper than a rrs though for sure.

You wrote that the 2014 RRS wasn't worth it for what it is... I'm wondering what you think is worth it? (other than an older rrs). Because if you are right, the other car will be the one to judge the rrs against. 2022 P440e AB

Post #386797 Sun Jun 23 2013 11:05pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Just because there is talk about the disco5 doesn't mean that much...it's not going to be like the all new sport.

Much more than another facelift on the disco won't see it out for a long time!

I don't think you can draw the direct comparison you are trying. It is a comparison against the old one though

I've been a fan of the current sport since before they were launched its got better each time, owned 2 and had every other land rover model (worryingly) this one just has gone the wrong direction in all areas, that makes the dilemma - there are a number of LR routes to go down which address the different areas for me...like I say, if the new sport was similarity specked to the current even for more (ignoring the design even!) then things would be different.

I really want to like it Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #386799 Sun Jun 23 2013 11:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

PauloAmore wrote:

trick might be to take the SE with the glass and dvds etc... or Censored it.... i'll own it for 7 years, like my last one...
- or will i want out to get the hybrid or the 4.4...

An SE? That's a lot of money for a poverty spec Sport! You don't even get the SDV6 engine - you get the older, less powerful TDV6. And as for paying £1500 for rear screens - you can buy two decent spec tablets for much less than that and they can be used out of the vehicle too. The glass roof is an expensive option (and adds a lot of weight too - not good for handling or economy (if that's an issue for anyone in one of these things)).

To be honest, I'd rather buy a run-out old model Black for the sort of money they want for a new SE - especially once you've chucked a few grand at options like rear seat entertainment screens. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #386801 Mon Jun 24 2013 12:17am
mse

United Kingdom 

SE cant get some of the new "toys" but also cant have low range...however, i can see your thinking

Quote:
An SE? That's a lot of money for a poverty spec Sport!

Relatively the HSE is also poverty spec Shocked Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #386869 Mon Jun 24 2013 6:52pm
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

OMG!!!!!!- I can't sleep, went to a mY 2014 drive and ride event on Thursday, fantastic afternoon, really impressed with both the SDV6 and the Supercharged (latter sounded fantastic and what an engine but couldn't live with the fuel consumption).

Any way, went to park and ride, indicated an interest in an HSE Dynamic and was told delivery would be next April/May 2014!!

Popped into the showroom yesterday for a look and 1.5hrs later had bought one Shocked Very Happy Cool Now in the dogs house with SHMBO Laughing

Ordered an HSE Dynamic in Santorini Black with Ebony/Ivory interior and Ivory seats.

Added extras;

Panoramic Sunroof
Privacy Glass
Red Brembo brake calipers
Park Assist
Heated steering wheel

I really fancied the Chili but, wait for this, ..........picking it up on Wednesday coming Thumbs Up Whistle

Still can't believe I did it, when I bought the current one I intended to keep it for 5-6 years since at the time it was the latest MY2012 SDV6 with the new gear box etc and felt very contemporary even compared to the MY2011 which I had for a couple of months but after driving the new car mine suddenly felt a bit dated and a bit more utilitarian, if that makes sense Shocked

Oh well, you only live once and hopefully I will keep this one a bit longer, just need to hope the missus is in a better mood when she wakes up, I have a couple of hours to perfect my man maths argument about how much cheaper it will be to run what with the lower road tax, improved mpg, fixed price servicing(£750 for 5 years/60,000 miles Thumbs Up ) and hopefully lower depreciation for the first few months whilst demand outstrips supply Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Will post some pics once I pick up the new MY 2014

Wish me luck Laughing MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #390732 Sat Aug 03 2013 6:06am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Alan congrats i felt the same really impressed with the my2014 going to order new car at end of the year .

well good luck with the new sport spec sounds perfect look forward to seeing pictures Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #390740 Sat Aug 03 2013 9:22am
Tboner

England 

SDv8 should going on the config system in the next few weeks for Feb delivery i am told. 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #390842 Sun Aug 04 2013 8:10am
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Back to the comparison question, why not get a brochure from a dealer? 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #390873 Sun Aug 04 2013 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>